• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Νιce going to try it now. SaR is gonna rock and is there anything new to this like will i play this and realize that i playing the original kanto or a completly new game??

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Uumm just found another bug!

Actually it's not exactly bug!

You just didn't change the old man's sprite(Did I say it right?:P My english suck a bit) - the one that teaches you how to catch pokemon!

And one question!

Have you included the evolutions Umbreon and Espeon of eevee's in this?

I prefer one of these evolutions than the regulars Jolteon,Flareon and Vaporeon!

Btw so far it's great!

Probably this is going to be the greatest remake of R/B

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
Pretty big bug: When you go to Mt. Moon, the Clefairy dance, but their stationary forms are still next to the rock smash rock. If you talk to them, they say "object event".
Other bugs: When you go into the battle screen, the little pokeball block circle thing before the battle is glitched. Also, the building in Viridian Forest, is that supposed to be unapproachable? I keep hitting an invisible wall. There's a tile glitch in Mt. Moon, too.
Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg

That startled me... is it supposed to be that high leveled? And he had two of them. Destroyed my team except for Nidoking.
...What was up with the random Charmander? And Brock never forked over a TM.

Last edited:

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Man guys, this game is sweet!

But that Eevee pisses me off, it's useles as a starter, the Pikachu does 5!!! Damage to it.
Please give us a Pikachu or another Kanto-starter, please!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Man guys, this game is sweet!

But that Eevee pisses me off, it's useles as a starter, the Pikachu does 5!!! Damage to it.
Please give us a Pikachu or another Kanto-starter, please!!!

Well come to think of it......

Eevee was supposed to be the true starter for the trainer in pokemon yellow!

But then Gary pushed you aside and he instead took Eevee!

So then we had to take Pikachu as a started from Professor Oak!

I guess Skeetendo, Inc. made it that way since in this remake anything strange/rumored etc. would happen!

But that's just my guess!:P

Skeetendo, Inc. knows better!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
That was fun, I played through to the Super Nerd, even though beating Brock with an Eevee is damn hard!

By the way is the part where you buy a Magikarp for 500 dollars not going to be in?

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Hmm, Im beginning to wonder with these little bugs if the IPS didn't make right for some reason. For example there is an old man blocking you from getting to the house in viridian forest, and the little tile bugs and things with the team rocket's pokemon rosters. the pokecenter is a genuine bug, I found that out after I released it that I forgot to save typing in the pointer to the new event data in there. Let me fix that and remake the IPS so ti should fix these things. Your old save states will work fine if you play with the new patch, expect it later today. My apologies for the IPS patcher not working properly (What I get for using "Smart IPS" instead of Lunar IPS like usual XD) and not saving repointing that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
I don't know, you might wanna keep that Raticate guy in there. It was an interesting challenge. 2x smokescreen from Charmeleon + 2x double kick from Nidoking FTW.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Hmm, Im beginning to wonder with these little bugs if the IPS didn't make right for some reason. For example there is an old man blocking you from getting to the house in viridian forest, and the little tile bugs and things with the team rocket's pokemon rosters. the pokecenter is a genuine bug, I found that out after I released it that I forgot to save typing in the pointer to the new event data in there. Let me fix that and remake the IPS so ti should fix these things. Your old save states will work fine if you play with the new patch, expect it later today. My apologies for the IPS patcher not working properly (What I get for using "Smart IPS" instead of Lunar IPS like usual XD) and not saving repointing that.

You could try out Snestool, iv never had any problems with that for the 7 and half years iv been into emulation.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Ok, just got back from helping a mate with something (needed sparkplugs changed and didnt want to pay a shop to do it lol) anyways let me answer a couple of questions and get to repairing the IPS.

As for Eevee, you are correct. The way it went in my head was "Ya know, Eevee was SUPPOSED to be your starter in Yellow, but Gary snatched it. This time Gary wasn't paying attention so HE gets stuck with Pikachu. Lets see what its like with Eevee for a starter!" and that's how it came about. All Kanto starters will be obtainable as well. Eevee being your starter, Pikachu being catchable in Viridian Forest, and Charmander Squirtle and Bulbasaur will be obtainable in various places like they were in Yellow, albeit in different ways and different places.

If you all want me to keep te Raticate guy in as a challenge, I can always change him back so he will stay that way when I remake the IPS. I'll let you all vote on that while I fix some other things and whatnot.

The 500p Magikarp guy won't be in the demo, I'm still learning how to make you buy things with scripts, but he will be in the next beta. Right now someone just talks about it. (well he will once I retype that pointer and HIT SAVE THIS TIME *embarassed*)

Yopr

*muffle*
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Ah, finally the demo!

I've been watching this for a while, so I just signed up now to comment on it!
Looks great, and plays great, even with the messed up IPS patch it still is wonderful.

I loved how when you defeated a trainer and it went back to the overworld they would say something, that was an awesome idea.

The new(ish) Mt. Moon, I love it!

I love the way Gary gets stuck with Pikachu instead of you :P Even though Eevee isn't that great of a starter for various battles, he'll be better when you can finally evolve him later on. Also this tells you to catch other Pokémon and train them instead of sticking to just one.

The random Charmander was kind of questioning... (Stealing from the Police are we? :P) but it was good to get one of the other Kanto starters. In the final version you should have the Police say something about it then give it to you and a reason for giving it to you.

Mt. Moon was kind of tough to get through, too many random encounters in my opinion x_x
I loved the new look of it though, all the water and the rest made it look like a real cave.

As for the Rocket with the Raticate, I say leave it in there as a challenge, perhaps lower the levels a bit, maybe to 20-21ish.

I really liked the mentioning of the guy behind the Museum and going up there and seeing him walk around, also the inside of the Museum was done great, good job, I also loved that Ikamuni! and the TCG were mentioned.

Perhaps next time put a cop or two in Mt. Moon, just so they can say they are investigating.

Anyways, overall great job! I'm sure there are things I missed!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Ok, just got back from helping a mate with something (needed sparkplugs changed and didnt want to pay a shop to do it lol) anyways let me answer a couple of questions and get to repairing the IPS.

As for Eevee, you are correct. The way it went in my head was "Ya know, Eevee was SUPPOSED to be your starter in Yellow, but Gary snatched it. This time Gary wasn't paying attention so HE gets stuck with Pikachu. Lets see what its like with Eevee for a starter!" and that's how it came about. All Kanto starters will be obtainable as well. Eevee being your starter, Pikachu being catchable in Viridian Forest, and Charmander Squirtle and Bulbasaur will be obtainable in various places like they were in Yellow, albeit in different ways and different places.

If you all want me to keep te Raticate guy in as a challenge, I can always change him back so he will stay that way when I remake the IPS. I'll let you all vote on that while I fix some other things and whatnot.

The 500p Magikarp guy won't be in the demo, I'm still learning how to make you buy things with scripts, but he will be in the next beta. Right now someone just talks about it. (well he will once I retype that pointer and HIT SAVE THIS TIME *embarassed*)

Well I guessed right!

But what about the Umbreon and Espeon?(sorry I ask this again but lvl 16 is too close)

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Alrighty! The new patch is uploaded, and this one appears to have made correctly.

I removed the ladder to mt moon square until I fix the clefaries (if you saved up there you can still get back, you would jsut have to use a gameshark code to go back up to it though, but you will not be stuck).

Umbreon and Espeon are still in the game. You get them the same as in GSC.

This SHOULD have fixed everything. Everything seemed to work fine when I played through it again. Patch to a clean rom and your old save file should still work fine, i loaded one of mine and it worked fine. If you notice anythign else please let me know.

Also, the glitchy tiles when entering a battle are another side effect of the tileset hack, im working to fix that now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
I'd recommend putting a border or something on the water in Mt. Moon. It looked a little odd. Also, maybe use a doorway instead of a ladder to get to the Clefairy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
Yay! New IPS! Now I can still keep my lvl 42 eevee! Heh.... training for Brock is helpful get my levels up xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
Are you serious? Level 42.. why?

What about the invisible walls around the building in Viridian Forest?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
Level 42 is awesome...? Anyway, you have to download the new IPS and delete your rom (Get another silver rom and patch oer it so you can have your old save) for the invisibe walls... there should be omeone there stopping you from entering because its impossible in the demo.

Edit: End of... demo... without a secret or rumor in sight...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back