• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Universe [PMD MMO]

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
wow after just reading this i really want to play it. one question, can we form teams with other members, or will be be making teams with npcs.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
wow after just reading this i really want to play it. one question, can we form teams with other members, or will be be making teams with npcs.

You can recruit team members just like you do in the real games. However, you can also team up with other people playing the game and go through dungeons together.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2011
I would love to play this!
Unfortunately... every time I try to install it, I get the attached error message. What should I do?

BTW, a thought: maybe give us a single-player option? That would reduce the dependency on the server and allow us to play even when the server is acting up. I don't need the other players (sorry folks), I just want my PMU...

AcidicSubstance

Resident Megalo Maniac
Years
at the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do i get the game started? i've installed it, run all the updates and created an account, but no matter what i do, i can never get out of the main menu and into the actual game. clicking the enter button just tells me im already playing

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2011
Hello!
I played MU a long time ago,and I love it.
My only complain is on the movement of the pokémons,you only used one of the 3 poses for walking,and that make us walk in a weird way.But I don't play it for a long time so,maybe
you already changed that :)

And,Im having trouble downloading the setup,it stopped at 59%

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
PMU is a great game ~ I've been playing for over 2 years. (:
I don't play much anymore because I'm not the biggest fan of PMU7, and 99% of the old players don't go on much, so I kind of lost motivation to go online. PMU7 is fantastic, but I miss old PMU6. ^^
Thank you for making the game. Over the past couple years, I've met a lot of great friends, and PMU created a lot of unforgetable experiences for me. :)

If anyone's interested, I'm Appa on PMU.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
PMU

@Everyone
Sorry I could not answer all of your bug problems, but the best I can do is redirect you to the PMU forums where you can report your problems. Good Luck~ (Link in my signature).

@Wigeon What kind of error message were you getting?
You can always try reporting the error at the PMU Forums.

@AcidicSubstance
That was a recent bug we were having;I think it should have been fixed by now. If not you can report the problem on forums~

@Joalsses
Lol, I think they walk pretty normal now, but I might be mistaken.
But PMU does have a spriting group working on editing all the walking/idle sprites so they look good! So if they look bad now; they will be edited in the near future.
Sometimes when downloading you have to try a few times. Hopefully it will work soon. D:

@H i l d a
Ohai Appa! Apparently you're famous! xD (you're name came up the other day). But the community has grown exponentially again and is active and thriving. I think it has changed a lot since the beginning of PMU7.
Its true a relatively large group of people didn't return,but there has been a trickle of people returning. OwO
I hope to see you online some time~

@Anuhrima
From the Dojo in town you can get to the Arena, where you can then battle other players!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Wow, I must say, this game is truly amazing!
The amount of effort that was put in to this game is obvious. Fantastic work!

Some critizism: *The spelling and grammar really needs some work.
*There should be some reminders of what your mission is (like where you have to go to, etc. and maybe some hints.) There were times where I was stuck because I had forgotten where I had to be and was forced to walk through the entire game world to pick up where I had left off.

All in all, the best fan game I've ever tried, and possibly the best there is!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to the message board designers:

**** you Pokecommunity for making me register just to read the damned Pokemon Raptor EX Walkthrough!!! What the **** is up with that? I should not be forced to sign up just to read a walkthough.

I'm sure someone is probably thinking about writing a lame and indifferent smug little comentary that goes something like this: " It was made by a member of the forum" or "if you don't want to register to read the walkthrough, don't do it!"

Here's why it's retarded: It makes people who are not interested in joining the messageboard fill the member list and the forum with **** like this and/or inactive users.
All it does is piss people off.

And yes, I want to read the walkthrough, ill register to do it ( I have as you can read), all Im saying is that it's a face-in-the-******* tactic to get more members.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Pokemon Mustery Universe

I am glad you have enjoyed the game thus far!
I have to agree, the staff works day and night to fix any problems and to keep the game constantly updated.

I had noticed some grammar/spelling before, but they fixed it when reported. If you could post on the errors on forums they could fix it up, :)
or you can private message them to me and I will pass it along to some story writers. (They write almost all of the dialogue).

Sorry about your problem with missions; a map is under construction for PMU, but if you go to jobs/missions in your menu it should tell you where that mission is located.
If you have any questions on locations later on, ask in town or in global, someone is usually happy to point you in the right direction.~

Happy playing! =D

Uchiha20XX

Swag.
Years
I've been playing this game for a week, and I'm quite satisfied!

I have a question though; is it supposed to autorun every time I turn on my computer? And how can I disable that, because I share a computer with my family, and they don't like having to wait for the game to load and then having to exit out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
I am glad you are enjoying it! ^-^

I do not believe it should autorun every time you turn on your computer...
I have the game downloaded on 2 of my computers, and it does not autorun.
Maybe check the settings?
If the problem continues you can make a post in the bugs section of the PMU forums~
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2011
Um, for whatever reason when I start out the game, as I attempt to choose a starter my character freezes and refuses to move. No commands work whatsoever on my keyboard and I just end up stuck in a room.

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
Isn't a chatbox supposed to appear? It doesn't for me so 1) I can't talk to the chat and 2) I can't use any commands so I got stuck in a room and had to delete that character :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Pokemon Mystery Universe

Hopefully that problem was fixed C0de! O-o; I am really sorry; I was not able to check this forums recently.

Addressing the chatbox issue (definitely too late), but the chatbox should be on the left side of the screen. The dark blue bar is where you type your messages.
On the forums there is a nifty guide to the commands and controls to the game if you ever need it.

Anyyywayssss, right now is a great time to join! A lot of things have been improved upon and added. Not to mention a.... HALLOWEEN EVENT!! It should last for a couple more weeks, so make sure to drop by and collect your rare Pokemon and items.
Not to mention take in the scenery and such. ;D

Pokehuman

Devoted Trainer
Years
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at PMU.Sockets.Tcp.TcpClient.StartReceivingLoop()
at PMU.Sockets.Tcp.TcpClient.TempSocketConnectCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ConnectCallback()
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.RegisteredWaitCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

This pops up when i open up the game? The game then closes itself...

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Sorry to hear you were having problems!
There are a few reasons this could have happened.

-As Sprinklers said, it could be because you are not connected to the internet or do not have good internet connection.
- Your firewall could be blocking PMU.
-Or the server may have been offline or down.

If you have fixed all these errors, then you may want to try re-installing PMU.

Hopefully this helped! Let me know if you are still experiencing problems, and I will see what I can do. ^-^~
------
Also, for those of you who have been keeping watch of this thread and are looking for updates, a new dungeon called: "Pitch Black Abyss" was released last month! Be sure to check it out. :)

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
char! it's me, maraia, remember? anyways, regarding the game...

it's pretty good, to be honest. i actually play it from time to time. i hope this game just keeps getting better! :D

Back