• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I beleive we will in some shape or form. Also why is N seen in DragonSpiral tower? Last we saw him was at his castle...this gives me the feeling that the tower will play a role once more, perhaps it'll be where we see N return.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@KingCyndaquil: I don't think we'll see those scenes in particular in the games. While 3D animation and cut scenes or whatever B/W had was good, yeah, I don't think they'll revert to letting us see that kind of animation in the games, plus when that's not even in the anime, ya. :x

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
@KingCyndaquil: I don't think we'll see those scenes in particular in the games. While 3D animation and cut scenes or whatever B/W had was good, yeah, I don't think they'll revert to letting us see that kind of animation in the games, plus when that's not even in the anime, ya. :x
No i didn't mean like that, i meant like will we battle on a boat or will we have to give the shadow triad a chase leading to some kind of battle.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No i didn't mean like that, i meant like will we battle on a boat or will we have to give the shadow triad a chase leading to some kind of battle.

Oh, well then yes, definitely. I'm sure those will be important parts of the storyline, otherwise... why draw attention to them? Since we already know the scene of Bianca on the lookout, then I'm willing to think it'll happen.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I beleive we will in some shape or form. Also why is N seen in DragonSpiral tower? Last we saw him was at his castle...this gives me the feeling that the tower will play a role once more, perhaps it'll be where we see N return.
yeah I agree that we may see N there, it's a good place for Kyreum to take his dragons energy too lol.

i'm more excited to see the scene with the shadow triad in the game, that will be a treat to play through, and i'm loving the whole rivalry/partnership the rival and the player share, sort of reminds me of Ash and Gary but the rivals a little more friendly lol

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I loved the way how they combined a 2-D and 3-D art style and the way they did the scenes. It made the trailer look amazing.

It doesn't make me want to buy the game more or less, because I would end up buying it at some point anyways.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I loved the way how they combined a 2-D and 3-D art style and the way they did the scenes. It made the trailer look amazing.

It doesn't make me want to buy the game more or less, because I would end up buying it at some point anyways.

Well imo if it doesn't do that, does it at least make you want the games sooner? ;) Definitely does for me!

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
This trailer honestly makes me miss the follow me feature even more, i can foresee the subject resurrecting now because of it, I wouldn't really blame anybody for thinking it, i didn't see a pokeball thrown in the whole thing, its just late in the game to be thinking that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I was really excited when I was linked to this because it was so cool but then when I realized that the female trainer--honestly the only reason I'm at all excited about this game (she's so cute!)--got the shaft in this trailer, my interest kind of dropped. None of my favourites were featured in it so the only thing that made me happy was Bianca, haha. :'(

I really hope they do animated trailers for all the Pokemon games now, even if only the main ones. This was gorgeous and I just wanna see more of them, even if I don't think it's going to be a decent representation of the game. (I think the trailer seems a lot more epic than BW2 will probably turn out to be. :P)

Years
I was really excited when I was linked to this because it was so cool but then when I realized that the female trainer--honestly the only reason I'm at all excited about this game (she's so cute!)--got the shaft in this trailer, my interest kind of dropped. None of my favourites were featured in it so the only thing that made me happy was Bianca, haha. :'(

I really hope they do animated trailers for all the Pokemon games now, even if only the main ones. This was gorgeous and I just wanna see more of them, even if I don't think it's going to be a decent representation of the game. (I think the trailer seems a lot more epic than BW2 will probably turn out to be. :P)

Yeah Erica, it would have been nicer if the girl was in the trailer. I really wanted to see an anime version of her...

At least Bianca and Cheren's appearances made up for it, the voices were great not to forget the scene of Arcanine attacking Seviper, Lucario using Aura Sphere, Samurott using Ice Beam, Elesa appearing with her Zebstrika and Emolga and also the appearance of the Shadow Triad and N.

Cherrim

Years
Yeah Erica, it would have been nicer if the girl was in the trailer. I really wanted to see an anime version of her...

At least Bianca and Cheren's appearances made up for it, the voices were great not to forget the scene of Arcanine attacking Seviper, Lucario using Aura Sphere, Samurott using Ice Beam, Elesa appearing with her Zebstrika and Emolga and also the appearance of the Shadow Triad and N.
I know! They made the male protagonist look awesome even though I thought he looked pretty dorky to begin with so they probably would've made her extra great. :<

I did like all the cameos of other characters, but I was honestly never that big a fan of most of them so they didn't resonate with me nearly as much as most other people who saw the trailer, I suppose.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lucario using Aura Sphere

By far was the best part of the entire thing. Actually it kinda made me dislike Lucario a lot less so that's a really good thing :3 Arcanine tossing Seviper seemed really cruel though lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Am I the only one who wasn't so disappointed the female protagonist was not shown in the trailer? I mean it was obvious GameFreak would use the male protagonist to promote these games, like they always do. Plus it was still a great trailer overall! How can you lose interest over that? D: She'll be in the games, which is the main thing that counts. The whole point to the trailer was pretty much to promote the games right? It was new and different, and a nice add.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well yes, but GameFreak have a habit of surprising us this generation - so the female protagonist would've been the perfect treat for us!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
This.

I too felt that the lack of the female protagonist also took much from the trailer. Yeah, GF has been horrible about male bias and I saw it coming from a mile, but it doesn't make it any more acceptable to me.

I'll (probably) still get the games, but do it while pretending that I never saw the trailer. It did almost nothing to excite me, meaning it wasn't very effective xD Seeing Arcanine in it (one of my least favorites) didn't help either. I'm always gonna dislike it, no matter how brutally and viciously it attacks a poor, innocent Seviper :/

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I don't think it is innocent in any way, it was commanded by the Plasma Grunt to attack the heros, so in Arcanine's defense, it was ordered by his trainer to attack the incomming threat.

Anyways, in my opinion, this trailer really increased my hype for the release. Basically to the point that the only thing I can think of is the game. That battle scene though really made me consider my planned team, as I really want to use Seviper.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I don't think it is innocent in any way, it was commanded by the Plasma Grunt to attack the heros, so in Arcanine's defense, it was ordered by his trainer to attack the incomming threat.

Anyways, in my opinion, this trailer really increased my hype for the release. Basically to the point that the only thing I can think of is the game. That battle scene though really made me consider my planned team, as I really want to use Seviper.
same here, I only really used arcanine in Wi-Fi battles and i thought Lucario was overused (it probably will be since riolu is found so early) but after seeing the trailer, i really want those two now!

and i'll always use Samurott, i just always use speed instead of strength in Pokemon games, thats just my style, so no emboar for me :D

Cherrim

Years
Am I the only one who wasn't so disappointed the female protagonist was not shown in the trailer? I mean it was obvious GameFreak would use the male protagonist to promote these games, like they always do. Plus it was still a great trailer overall! How can you lose interest over that? D: She'll be in the games, which is the main thing that counts. The whole point to the trailer was pretty much to promote the games right? It was new and different, and a nice add.
I feel like I don't really have the right to complain because the female protagonists usually end up in the actual anime itself but that doesn't seem to be happening in Gen V so I would have really appreciated seeing an anime version. Would it have been so hard to replace the guy with the girl in some of the scenes? I don't think it would have been confusing or anything.

Japan's pretty gender-skewed but it'd have been nice to see both protagonists get the same treatment. The female feels lesser to me now, like she's ot on the same level as the male and is only there to appease female fans. (And maybe she is, but part of the reason girls should be a choice for your trainer avatar in the first place is to show they're on equal footing with the guys. Excluding her from the trailer says the exact opposite.) Precedent for showing the male trainers more than the girls in promotional material doesn't make it okay to keep doing it. :(

I get that the trailer is something cool and different for once as far as game adverts go but that doesn't make it any less disappointing that they left out the one reason I have so far to buy this game. :P It's not a big deal to most people but I really, really like the girl's design so yeah, I'm disappointed she wasn't in it. Not overly surprised that she wasn't, but disappointed all the same.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I know! They made the male protagonist look awesome even though I thought he looked pretty dorky to begin with so they probably would've made her extra great. :<

I did like all the cameos of other characters, but I was honestly never that big a fan of most of them so they didn't resonate with me nearly as much as most other people who saw the trailer, I suppose.

As much as I LOVED the trailer, I agree. He was corky as all get out. Personally I loved the trailer and thought it was perfect. That being said, I think the level of perfection would have been higher if the female character was indeed showcased as well as the male. However, it dies make me wonder a few things.

If she was showcased, how would the crowd take it? We here in the forums know that you can choose either male or female, have the same male rival regardless of who you chose, and know that Bianca and Cheren are no longer rivals to the main player. But what about those who don't keep up with the news? If she were included, would it lead people to believe that the game has two rivals just like the originals? As trivial as that may sound, I've checked around other forums that thought the other main character was a rival, and when they found out he/she isn't a rival, stated that they would not get the games. This alone can lead Gane Freak to believe that people may buy it and then return it for a full refund! D:

All in all, I do agree that the should have shown her. But if they do, I think they should do it in another trailer. Though really, it could be as simple as Japan being gender biased, which is lame. :c

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

Simply a mere technicality.

Doesn't change the fact that the trailer actually made me hate the ugly hairy dog even more... which quite frankly, I didn't even think was possible. Arcanine is actually approaching Pikachu level of hatred now, which is simply astounding.

So yeah, because of that and the lack of the female trainer, I was really let down by this trailer, however slick it might have been animated.

Back