• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Rawr, welcome Synerjee (can I call you amanada :D?)

I didn't know Kingdra was that good :O

I recently got a horsea from dream world, so maybe I'll try to evolve it and try it out :3

What makes Kingdra good? o-o

Thanks for the welcome, krazzikk. :D And yes, you may call me that. Oh, and it's not 'amanada' - lose the 'a' there LOL. xD

Kingdra being a strong pokemon, that's just what I'm perceiving. Judging from its stats, it sure is very all-rounded. All-rounded pokemon are awesome. And it's part-dragon type! So that leaves it with only ONE weakness - the dragon-type itself. And I think its moveset is not bad as well. :D

You should give it a try - it might be very worth it! Get back to me when it's a full-grown Kingdra!

Oh, and can I enter the drawing contest? :3 I can't draw well - I'm not an artist. But I would love to give it a try. :3

Years
Thanks for the welcome, krazzikk. :D And yes, you may call me that. Oh, and it's not 'amanada' - lose the 'a' there LOL. xD

Kingdra being a strong pokemon, that's just what I'm perceiving. Judging from its stats, it sure is very all-rounded. All-rounded pokemon are awesome. And it's part-dragon type! So that leaves it with only ONE weakness - the dragon-type itself. And I think its moveset is not bad as well. :D

You should give it a try - it might be very worth it! Get back to me when it's a full-grown Kingdra!

Oh, and can I enter the drawing contest? :3 I can't draw well - I'm not an artist. But I would love to give it a try. :3

Of course you can join the drawing contest! :D
I'm not sure anyone will even participate besides you

I'll try it then~! It seems to have a decent moveset, and it has decent stats, but I never really know how good a pokemon is until I actually use it.

Last edited:

Synerjee

Years
Of course you can join the drawing contest! :D
I'm not sure anyone will even participate besides you

I'll try it then~! It seems to have a decent moveset, and it has decent stats, but I never really know how good a pokemon is until I actually use it.

Haha I'm sure other people will join. They even voted for it. If they voted, they would join, no? :P

Yeah, same goes to me. I would use Kingdra if only I could evolve Seadra. Without trading, Seadra is not worth it. :<

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
With wi-fi that's a possibility though, as I'm pretty sure there's something dedicated to trade evolutions in Trade Corner, but if not, it should be pretty easy to find someone willing to do a trade evolution with you :p

I've heard from quite a lot of people that Kingdra was pretty good, but never got to use it, because that was after I got out of Pokemon, and at the time I didn't know how to evolve it any further, and was quite generally not very interested in the Horsea line at all. But then again, I mostly went for either the Pokemon I knew were good, or the ones whose designs I liked, which might explain why I always had such trouble beating the E4's in like every game lol.

I guess we can start a new topic?

Which Water type Pokemon do you like the least? Why?

Years

I have to say Magikarp, it's so silly-looking and way too many Fishermen use it, and there's also this running gag with a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps in every game that I get so bored of.

Trust me, I hated a lot about Magikarp, especially its cry and I always had trouble when training them.

Synerjee

Years

I don't like Huntail. It looks ugly. It might be strong or whatever, but if it looks ugly, I don't like it. Period. :/

Oh and just to answer you Olli, I can't trade as I don't have WiFi for my emulator. I play the games using my emulator now that I'm overseas and not at home. :(

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
Years

First is Tentacool, if you don't have a repel in the water every flipping second one of those appear and if you can't run, "Tentacool uses Poison Sting." "Pokemon became POISONED!!!!" Argh blarg!

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
[Back from the grave of partial inactivity]

Well answering the topic...

I dont think there was a water type pokemon I actually disliked till 5th gen(only one). Theres some I feel indifferent to but none I disliked. That was until I saw Simipour. Idk, its design seems kinda uncreative in a way...I may be biased tho due to how they aesthetically genderlocked it to female. Yea...both Simipour and simisear. Simisage(my monkey) looks awesome tho :3 with its rockstar pose.

Previous Topic...

I've been itching to use/start training my event keldeo. I didnt want to use him in my b2 team cuz hes a legendary and his EVs would get messed up if I did. Thus I'll start EV training him soon to be the ferocious swordsman he was made to be.

Years

First is Tentacool, if you don't have a repel in the water every flipping second one of those appear and if you can't run, "Tentacool uses Poison Sting." "Pokemon became POISONED!!!!" Argh blarg!

Well doesn't Poison Sting only have a 30% chance of poisoning? o3o
But I can see how that would be annoying seeing as they're everywhere

But I don't think I dislike any of the Water type Pokemon, besides maybe Kingler who is op in Random Battles with his silly crab hammer >_>

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years

Golduck, no doubt about it. It looks weird, it's probably not good in battle and it's just plain ugly. D:

CourageHound

Years

Golduck, no doubt about it. It looks weird, it's probably not good in battle and it's just plain ugly. D:

Ugly is a subjective term. And I actually like Golduck D:. Anywho Golduck is outclassed but a good specs attacker(for its tier)

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt

Shizariger on EGC
Years
Entry Form:

Name: AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
2 Partners: Drake the Seadra and Awesome the Crawdaunt (with ADAPTABILITY)
Why do you want to swim with us?: Always been a big Crawdaunt fan, but developed into Water in general. One thing I really love about it is the fact that its HMs aren't completely useless in battle. Surf and Waterfall come to mind.
Least favourite water type?: Being a competitive player (but not a good one), I can say nothing else other than Politoed. Wash Rotom comes a close second.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
Name: B99B12 (Just call me "B" :) )
2 Partner Pokemon: Blastoise, And Milotic
Why do you want to swim with us?: I REALLY like water type pokemon! While some are not the greatest looking, (Feebas) majority are beautiful.
Answer Current topic (What is your least favourite water type?): I'd have to say, hands down Simipour. Not only is it (in my opinion) Bad looking but it's awkward to have a male (Much like lopunny).

Olli

Years

At the top of my head, I can't really thikn of any Water types I generally dislike. I mean, there are several that I wouldn't use on my team, and several that I think are downright ugly, but there aren't really any of them I dislike. However, the one I like the least would probably be Huntail, just because of its rather repulsive design. I mean, I know it was intentional, being as Gorebyss was made as beautiful as possible, and Gorebyss as ugly as possible, but I just think it surpasses nearly every Pokemon in that category, closely followed by that fifth generation eel Pokemon. There isn't any other reason why it's down there, but that's just because I can't think of any Water type Pokemon I like less than that one for any reason. None of them have been particularly annoying Pokemon to battle like Magnemite and such, and I've almost always had something to counter them with.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Well, it's hard to think of which water-type pokemon we like the least, but to me I'll say Magikarp. The design was okay, but its first attack "Splash" was not really an effective attack just think that Magikarp is taking baby steps and evolved into a strong Gyarados :D

Years

I second this, in fact when I saw CourageHound quote this I thought it was my post ;p

I mean, just look at it!
Spr_2c_055.gif

CourageHound

Years
:psy copy: Yeessss! In my Pokemon diamond run i was so blinded by Golduck's awesomeness(it was on my team), he was like my fav water type for the entire story and post-story line.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Name: Mononoke Hime

2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Suicune

Why do you want to swim with us? Because, as I've already said in some thread, the majority of my favorite pokemons is water-type.
I'm a borderline between the elements of water and air.
Water makes me calm, and is the element of change. Without change, the Universe would collapse.
Also, I love to imagine how could be to surf in a pokemon like Gyarados, Lapras or Suicune. These are diferent surf "styles", and in my head they're amazing. I also do this with fly, but that's not the case here.
By the way, blue is my favorite color. ♥

Which Water type Pokemon do you like the least? Why? Hmm, let's see... I really hate both Marill and Azumarill. The design freaks me out. They're Easter eggs.

Olli

Years
Welcome to the club Mononoke Hime! Hope to see you around here in the club, and hope you'll have fun :D

Seems like the topic has survived long enough, so why don't we try with a new one?

Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Name: 97alpha97
2 Partner Pokemon: Suicune (Poseidon) and Feraligatr (croc)
Why do you want to swim with us?: who doesn't love water Pokemon (all that needs to be said)
Answer Current topic: What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? Blastoise because of how easy it was to beat Gary in red, it was like taking candy from a baby

Back