• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
With the current situation for handhelds, the chances of remakes being announced tomorrow are slowly deteriorating, if they choose to remake Ruby & Sapphire then I can only assume that they would make it for the DS since it's under the same Generation as BW & B2W2. Why would they stay on an older console when they have had the opportunity to create, develop and release a new set of games for the 3DS which has been out for two years for the majority of us, they're not going to stick around on the Nintendo DS for long.. like they said, they're evolving in 2013 and some of that probably means onto the 3DS. If anything the most likely scenario is that we will get the first Generation VI games and then a couple of years later (2014/2015) we will start to hear about the remakes which will undoubtedly be on the 3DS.

DahDexy

Way Too Freakin' Random
Years
  • New Spin-off game/sequence to spin-off game.
  • Generation 6
  • New Movie
  • Hoenn remake
  • Cup/Tourney/Championship for TCG or BW2

It will probably be one of the things stated above.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
  • New Spin-off game/sequence to spin-off game.
  • Generation 6
  • New Movie
  • Hoenn remake
  • Cup/Tourney/Championship for TCG or BW2

It will probably be one of the things stated above.

It definately won't be a New Movie, because they just announced the Genesect one. If anything, I think that the Cup thing could happen, and Gen VI. Or a new Spin Off. I just don't think a Hoenn remake will happen. Until Gen VI.

kammond

Huh
Years
1. Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon. Gamefreak says they want to evolve the series in 2013.
2. Eevee all over recent promotional campaigns and anime
3. North American Twitter just asked "How many possible evolutions of Eevee are there?" May be trick question alluding to new Eeveelution
4. Announcement on January 8th, possibly announcing 8th Eeveelution

Ooooooohh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Gamefreak themselves said there is no pattern. They finish a game, they put it out. You also cannot discount the older titles. Two generations does not make a pattern. Gen 1 was also 3 years long. Gen 2 was 3 years long. Gens 3 and 4 were both 4 years long. Someone keeps saying that Gamefreak or TPC said that Gen 5 was supposed to move faster than what we had, I haven't seen that but its possible it was mentioned. Even if it wasn't, its been 3 years which was how long Gens 1 and 2 existed so its plenty of time.

Wouldn't matter how much time we see though. If Gamefreak were able to make Gen 6 and produce it this year and then complete Gen 7 by 2014, then we'd get Gen 7 a year later because they finished what they needed.

Yes the games fell into a pseudo pattern that is rough due to conflictions with other titled releases, but Gamefreak publicly denounced any set pattern for release.

@MRAS, Plat used the same tilesets as D/P so it took less time to alter the story and add things rather than resprite an entire region all over. So even if they started at the same time, Platinum still would have finished first.

What about FrLg and Emerald? Emerald could've been released first as it would've been easier as they could've reused Hoenn's map, ironically those two came out in the same year in japan iirc so they really could've gone either way.
And this it seems thus far that Gf likes to make remakes during the third version's own creation...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
This is why I'm still hoping for a gen 6/Hoenn combined game, however unlikely XD I don't see why they can't skip a generation though. (I know I know gen 6 is probably whats going to happen)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What about FrLg and Emerald? Emerald could've been released first as it would've been easier as they could've reused Hoenn's map, ironically those two came out in the same year in japan iirc so they really could've gone either way.
And this it seems thus far that Gf likes to make remakes during the third version's own creation...

Remakes are only necessary to fix problems with trying to catch 'em all. FR/LG was made because of the incompatibility of the GB and GBA, and HG/SS was made because not all Johto Pokemon were easily available, and not everyone owned Colosseum and XD. R/S remakes will be necessary if Gen VI is incompatible to Gen V, but even then, the in-game timeline and Emerald's story would compromise the remake from happening.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Remakes are only necessary to fix problems with trying to catch 'em all. FR/LG was made because of the incompatibility of the GB and GBA, and HG/SS was made because not all Johto Pokemon were easily available, and not everyone owned Colosseum and XD. R/S remakes will be necessary if Gen VI is incompatible to Gen V, but even then, the in-game timeline and Emerald's story would compromise the remake from happening.
That is not the only reason they are made. They are also made so the new generations of fans can see how we older fans were with older games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Also, lots of money. They wouldn't pass up that opportunity.

Didn't Gen III sold the least amount of cash compared to the other gens? A lot of fans still had a bad taste from the originals. Besides, the remakes are also suppose to take place in the same timeline as the current gen games (Gen III takes place at the same timeline as Gen I, and Gen IV takes place at the same timeline as Gen II). Then there's the in-game content for the Gen III remake: Will they merge Team Magma and Team Aqua's story again since Emerald is the true canon story? Will Steven be champion, or will it be Wallace? Is Juan coming back? All three of these characters also appeared in the Pokemon World Tournament, which make the chances of having the remakes slim.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Also, lots of money. They wouldn't pass up that opportunity.

We don't know that for sure. They could very well never remake Gen 3 or any other game again. They worked Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza into HG/SS by introducing the orbs. They could just do something similar in future titles.

As much as I would enjoy another run through Hoenn, it isn't guaranteed to happen. I do think that Hoenn still has a chance of being remade in the future, but just how long should we expect GameFreak to keep remaking old games? If they remake Gen 3 in Gen 5, would they remake Gen 1 as well? If not in Gen 5, then when because FireRed and LeafGreen will be out of date as well. Would they be remade again in Gen 7?

See? Honestly, I hope they drop the remake gimmick, at least for a while. I feel like we shouldn't be expecting remakes. They should be surprises that come out of the blue!

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Didn't Gen III sold the least amount of cash compared to the other gens? A lot of fans still had a bad taste from the originals. Besides, the remakes are also suppose to take place in the same timeline as the current gen games (Gen III takes place at the same timeline as Gen I, and Gen IV takes place at the same timeline as Gen II). Then there's the in-game content for the Gen III remake: Will they merge Team Magma and Team Aqua's story again since Emerald is the true canon story? Will Steven be champion, or will it be Wallace? Is Juan coming back? All three of these characters also appeared in the Pokemon World Tournament, which make the chances of having the remakes slim.

It would still give them about £500,000 (You can use $, but I'm English, not American) though. Also, if they put in extra stuff, then what will stop them not selling really first. If you take Emerald as the tru story, then Wallace will be champion, and Juan will be the 8th Gym Leader again. But if you think it's a R/S remake, then it would be Steven, and Wallace would be the 8th Gym Leader. Also, anything can happen. Also, I don't think Game Freak will think about the PWT, they'll just be thinking about the ££££££.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I think Gen 6 followed by possible Hoenn remakes. Pokemon 3DS would really help 3DS sales and the features on 3DS could truly "evolve" the series. Wasn't Nintendo upset BW 2 were for DS? Heard something like that

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It would still give them about £500,000 (You can use $, but I'm English, not American) though. Also, if they put in extra stuff, then what will stop them not selling really first. If you take Emerald as the tru story, then Wallace will be champion, and Juan will be the 8th Gym Leader again. But if you think it's a R/S remake, then it would be Steven, and Wallace would be the 8th Gym Leader. Also, anything can happen. Also, I don't think Game Freak will think about the PWT, they'll just be thinking about the ££££££.

Which isn't a good thing because you hear a lot of people on the internet complaining about companies caring about only money instead of their passion, and in order to do that, they want companies to avoid making quick/cheap cash-ins.

blue

gucci
Years
Another hoax:
Spoiler:

The fact that he can't correctly spell the word characters & Sapphire is a big giveaway but I do like the names Crimson & Indigo.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I actually liked the rumor of the Mass Effect feel we may get with Gen 6. Wit the games being in space and traveling to different planets.

Only 2 days left till we get real info

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think they would concern themselves with a timeline, if that was an issue. Look at Zelda, theirs is completely messy since the creators weren't actually thinking about a timeline when they created the games, and only produced one once the fans pressured them. There are way more paradoxes in there than a who's Champion/gym leader.. (Like how is the entire world flipped around? All the time travel, the split timelines, etc) I'm just saying a timeline isn't a reason not to make a game.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
What if it was a new Dream Radar app where we could catch other pokémon and revolved around the legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Or Suicune, Entei and Raikou. Not that I believe it will be, because they make it sound like it's so much more than a minigame for the 3DS... But while I'm playing the Dream Radar I think about that possibility.

I was wanting to believe that it would be a remake of RSE, because this Gen has gone by really quickly if a new gen was to come. My BW2 games are still fresh, many things to do... And I bought it about 2-3 days after the European release day.

So, if it's a new gen then I hope it's something like Gen IV where they brought out more evolutions of existing pokémon and even baby pokémon. And I hope it's not just one eeveelution! Everyone loves eevee :D And more than 107 pokémon please, unlike what was said in that hoax :P

I still think the BW2 games are very fresh. I know they will just give us some news and not actually release a new game or something on that day.

EDIT: Please GF, give us a good reason to use Flareon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back