• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love in the Clouds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
333.gif
Love in the Clouds
333.gif

370.gif

Hey everyone, and welcome to Love in the Clouds, the Valentine's Day event! Get it...love in the clouds...cause it's Valentine's...and Swablu and Altaria...are like...CLOUDS okay. This challenge is heavily based on gender and quite a personal challenge. Put your hearts up and let's do this, shall we? Like most events prior to this, each party member has to meet a certain criteria or fill a specific role. And yes, you must use all six party members.

♥ The Present!
Valentine's Day is a time to show the people you care that you, well, care! What better way to do that than by giving them a lovely gift! So yes, you must use a gift Pokemon as a team member. Starters count as gifts as well as eggs.

♥ The Valentine!
This party member must be a favorite of your irl partner, your best friend, or your pair! If you don't have any of those or you do, but none are into Pokemon therefore not having a favorite, never fear! I'll be your valentine. :) This Pokemon must be happy all the time. Don't give it herbs and always let it hold something, so it knows you love it lots. And don't forget to match the gender with the person this Pokemon is inspired from! And name it their name as well! If you don't want to share their name when you update, that's fine. But name it their name anyway... ;)
My favorites for each game:
Spoiler:

♥ The Attraction!
This Pokemon must learn Attract level up and be the same gender as you! If you're playing GSC or FRLG (which from what I've noticed, nothing learns it level up) you must teach Attract to a Pokemon of your gender. Even though it doesn't learn it level up, this still counts as a slot, so no, you're not exempt from using 6 Pokemon.

♥ The Duo!
Misleading name, as you're not using two Pokemon, but rather, you are using a Pokemon that has a male or female counterpart. However, you must use the one that is of the sex you're attracted to. If you're bisexual, you can pick either. If you're asexual, you must pick a non-legendary genderless Pokemon, regardless of if it has a counterpart. Also, I made a small list to add more variety, as some counterpart Pokemon aren't all male or female. Here's a list of counterparts for this challenge (males on left, females on right):
Spoiler:

♥ The Pink!
Use a Pink Pokemon! Duh! But there's a catch.
FRLG/GSC: As soon as it's on your team, it must lead (as in start off) all gym battles
RSE/DPPt: Must win two Cute contests
HGSS: Must win two Pokethlon events
BW(2): Must win a Musical

♥ The Flower!
This Pokemon must be based on a lovely flower! Because doesn't your date like them? Maybe not. Anyway, it must know two Grass moves, one of which should be Petal Dance if at all possible.
Spoiler:

Now for the rules!

1. HM slaves are allowed!
2. This challenge is for all main games except for RBY due to the necessity of genders.
3. No trading or hacking is allowed, except for your valentine Pokemon. It should be that person's favorite and I want you to be able to use what they like.
4. Emulators are most certainly allowed!
5. Final updates are due by February 28th 11:59 Central (GMT -6).
6. Challenge ends after defeating Blue (FRLG), Red(GSC/HGSS), Steven (RS), Wallace (E), Cynthia (DPPt), Ghetsis (BW), or Iris (BW2).

Username: Sydian
Game: Ruby

Lovebirds
Spoiler:

Luvdiscs
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
First sign up, yay!

Username: jdthebud
Game: Sapphire

I'm a bit confused on the Duo thing. So I can't use Glalie since it's a male counterpart, and I need to use females, right?

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Username: WarriorCat
Game: White

If I'm doing this right, my final team would be
The Present: Samurott
The Valentine: Bisharp - Nickname: Tybor (Yes, that's his birth name :P)
The Attraction: Swoobat - Learned level 25
The Duo: Braviary - Counterpart to Mandibuzz
The Pink: Musharna
The Flower: Petilil (I'll name her Sydian and won't evolve her)

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Username:BlueShellBeast
Game: Gold

The Present: Togepi/Togetic
The Valentine: Murkrow
The Attraction: Typhlosion
The Duo: Nidorina
The Pink: Flaaffy
The Flower: Sunflora

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Name: NecrumWarrior
Game: LeafGreen

From what I can tell, there are no pokemon with attract by level up in frlg either. So i assume I will get to use the tm. I'll post my chosen team when i get off from work later.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Username: rewy
Game: HeartGold (I'd love to use Emerald, but I have a Wedlocke there...)

Present: Vaporeon (Bill's gift eevee ?)
Valentine:
Spoiler:

Attraction: Delcatty (if we're allowed to use PokeWalker, Hoenn field requires only 5000 Watts)
Duo: Nidoking
Pink: Flaaffy (...I seem to be using this a lot...)
Flower: Meganium (Never used before <3 )

Years
I guess I'll be competeing

Name: Honeyman
Game: Platinum

Since my computer hates DS games, I'll be playing on a hard copy, so no screenshot updates for you!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm a bit confused on the Duo thing. So I can't use Glalie since it's a male counterpart, and I need to use females, right?

Right. You might have to go with Illumise. I just thought of another to add to the list as well, which is Gorebyss is female only and Huntail is male only.

Whoever asked about Attract in FRLG, yes forgot about that, but you do get the TM so just make sure you teach it to a Pokemon of your gender.

I gotta get ready for school, so I'll have to add that in later as well as the sign ups. ahhh so tired :( I'll post my team when I get online in a few hours.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Literally 15 minutes after i went to bed...you post this challenge...oh well

Username: diamondmutt1111
Game: Leaf Green

Will post team later as I am posting this in school like a hooligan :P

EDIT: question....do Victreebel or Exeggutor count as flowers? And Nidoqueen is a counterpart right?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EDIT: question....do Victreebel or Exeggutor count as flowers? And Nidoqueen is a counterpart right?

Sorry, Victreebel is a flytrap and Exggutor is a coconut tree. :( Not a flower. Venusaur is a flower though. And yes, Nidoqueen is definitely a counterpart Pokemon.

Edit: I made a list of flower Pokemon, so that'll help. Would anyone like me to make a list of the counterparts? So far no one seems to have had any trouble picking them, but if you guys want a list, I will definitely make one.

Now here's what I'll be using:

Gift:
257.png

There is no better gift in Ruby than the gift of a Torchic!

Valentine:
065.png

For this one, I chose my pair, Nick. One of his favorites is Alakazam. :)

Attraction:
370.png

It learns Attract, and what kind of Valentine's challenge would it be without a heart shaped Pokemon?

Duo:
313.png

Not a ton of duos in this game, so I went with Volbeat, as I like males and Volbeat is male. I've used it before and it's not too shabby.

Pink:
040.png

Wigglytuff is pink and cute and a total BOSS. This will be fun.

Flower:
182.png

It's pretty and flowery and I've always wanted to use one!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
SIGNING UP. YUP.

Username: Leaf Storm
Game: Silver

I've ultimately decided to use Cyndaquil as my starter because quilzel's favorite pokemon is Typhlosion. Was going to use Meganium but well...it was hard to decide! xD Guess I'll be using Gloom or Sunkern!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
You should consider bellossom a female counterpart to vileplume. Not that I'm using either, but they do fit the bill.

Edit: could I get a little clarification on what you mean by the pink leading gyn battles?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, here's my team I think for Sapphire:

Gift: Mudkip or Torchic
Favorite: I'll get back to you on that one, but I might just use Altaria anyway
Attraction: Beautifly (L31)
Duo: Gorebyss
Pink: Wigglytuff (those contests are going to be interesting)
Flower: Vileplume

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Now that I finally can, I will participate!

Name: BinaryPeaches
Game: Crystal

Gift: Whatever comes from the Odd Egg
icon-ghost.gif

Valentine: Sneasel ( Thom. A favorite of one of my pairs and the person I speak to the most online. ♥ )
Attraction: Miltank ( Copying Whitney? lmao idk but why not )
Duo: Nidoking (Not very many choices in GSC ... fact this one is like the only one )
Pink: Corsola ( I've always wanted to use Corsola and now is my chance! )
Flower: Sunflora ( I've used Meganium, Vileplume, and Bellossom before. And since I can't get Venusaur, Sunflora will make due )

Corsola and Miltank may or may not swap places. Since I can get them around the same time I guess I'll figure it out around then.

Years
Yay for a new event challenge!

Username: Luigi-San
Game: FireRed

And my team:

The Present:
Spr_3f_006.png

The Valentine:
Spr_3f_135.png

The Attraction:
Spr_3f_062.png

The Duo:
Spr_3f_124.png

The Pink:
Spr_3f_036.png

The Flower:
Spr_3f_045.png

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
Username: Dr. Slavic
Game: Ruby

The Present: Castform
Spr_3r_351.png

The Valentine: Shuppet
Spr_3r_353.png

The Attraction: Delcatty
Spr_3r_301.png

The Duo: Illumise
Spr_3r_314.png

The Pink: Gorebyss
Spr_3r_368.png

The Flower: Vileplume
Spr_3r_045.png

Last edited:
Years
Planned Team:

Infernape (gift)
Rotom (valentine [forever alone])
Lumineon (attract)
Gardevoir (duo)
Clefable (pink)
Roserade (flower)

Also, something concerning Rotom. It's genderless, so I can't have it be female.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yay Syd~

Username: vaporeon7
Game: Emerald
Team:
♥ The Present!
Blaziken

♥ The Valentine!
Altaria (Touko's favourite, same as Syd's ikr)

♥ The Attraction!
Luvdisc

♥ The Duo!
Beautifly

♥ The Pink!
Wigglytuff

♥ The Flower!
Bellossom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back