• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Charmander when I have the chance. Always- no exceptions.

In Sapphire and Emerald, I chose Mudkip though. To me, it just feels like the superior and more likable starter.

Timmydoop

Expert Trainer
Years
In Pokemon R/S/E I always Choose Mudkip cause of it being Water and Ground
But I liked Torchic.
In Pokemon FR/LG I always Choose Charmander Cause of Charizard being Fire Flying.

Look in my Signature to see more..

Years
Ruby: Treecko
Sapphire: Mudkip
Emerald: Torchic
FireRed: Charmander
LeafGreen: Squirtle
FireRed (second copy): Bulbasaur

Other than that, I always prefer to have the fire type.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Torchic and Squirtle. Every single time I've started those games, they've been my go-to starters. I like their stats and movesets, and they're the best looking of the starters that you can choose from (considering their final forms, of course).

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Blastoise,and Swampert,I don't know why,the water starter I'm guessing always help me beat my game,so yeah.

Years
The first ever Pokemon that I had was Bulbasaur.
LG:BULBASAUR
FR: Charmander
Sapphire:Torchic
Ruby:Treeco
And there you have it.

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2019
In Emerald and Sapphire, I chose Torchic. In FireRed, I chose Charmander.

I always choose Fire types.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
I started With Charmander and Mudkip when i was playing for the first time on R/S/E/LG/FG

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Treecko and Squirtle. Back then I was inspired by the anime and since Ash had Treecko I decided to take it. As for Squirtle? Well... I love water types xD. But nowadays I prefer Mudkip and Bulbasaur.

Back