• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments when you want to throw your DS/GBA/etc out the window.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
See title.

I can list off these kinds of moments right now.

1) Walking through a patch of grass and on the last tile, I encounter a random Pokemon.
2) Encountering a Pokemon 5 times in a row walking only one step in between each encounter (this has happened before)
3) Luck Hax
4) Random Criticals, especially ones that occur at the worst times possible
5) Biking through a cave and a dust cloud containing a Drilbur/Excadrill pops up on the very next tile you step on.
6) Any cave, route, or other that requires a gratuitous amount of HMs
7) The idea of HMs in general. WHY ARE THEY IN THE GAME.
8) Trying to get an egg to show up in the daycare for 5 hours but it never showing up

I could list more, but I don't feel like thinking about it any more at this moment. I'll add more as it comes to mind. What are yours?

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
One time when I accidentally save scummed during a Nuzlocke challenge in Emerald and just barely kept myself from dropping god knows how many f bombs at the time, luckily for me the same Poke showed up and I managed to catch it, letting it slide just this once because I could have caught Whismur at another nearby area so the end result would be me catching it regardless unless I was very unlucky that time around.

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
The Game Boy Advanced and Nintendo DS are very expensive. I always try my best no to throw them or break them.

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
Right when my level 24 quilava got knocked out by a level 58 magikarp that used flail and got a critical hit...... And thatwas about 2 minutes ago.......

FrankOcean

OFWGKTA ALL DAY
Years
I think it only happened once or twice for me. I get mad at video games alot but nowhere near wanting to throw my game against something.

I think I was battling Clair with my Typhlosion. So close to beating it, literally just one move away. My health was good, so even if I got hit by a water type attack I'd survive. But of course, I get a Surf critical hit and die.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
This times a million
2378_1295311656756.png

Totodilesteel99

Lord of Awesomeness
Years
I'll tell you.
I was battling Lance, and his Dragonite had this much health: -
I had 3 Pokémon left.
I was gonna win, because that Dragonite, was his last Pokémon.
Dragonite used Outrage! Gatr Fainted!
OK, that's OK.
Arcanine Go!
Arcanine used Fire Blast!
Arcanine's attack missed!
Dragonite hit Arcanine with Outrage!
It was a Critical Hit!
Arcanine was knocked out!
Ampharos go!
Dragonite hit Ampharos with Outrage!
Ampharos was knoc *weee goes ds*
Worst moment ever.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I'll tell you.
I was battling Lance, and his Dragonite had this much health: -
I had 3 Pokémon left.
I was gonna win, because that Dragonite, was his last Pokémon.
Dragonite used Outrage! Gatr Fainted!
OK, that's OK.
Arcanine Go!
Arcanine used Fire Blast!
Arcanine's attack missed!
Dragonite hit Arcanine with Outrage!
It was a Critical Hit!
Arcanine was knocked out!
Ampharos go!
Dragonite hit Ampharos with Outrage!
Ampharos was knoc *weee goes ds*
Worst moment ever.
Why'd you use inaccurate Fire Blast to finish it off? You could have used anything else... Unless that was your only attack move for some reason.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Sometimes I used to rage over me losing to various people in Random Matchup until I upgraded and EV trained my team. And sometimes when I try to fight Morty's Gengar in Pokemon Crystal and lose, I just rage quit and quit playing for days.

Years
My overleveled Jynx losing to a wild Leavanny cos Frost Breath kept missing and Leavanny kept hitting me with super-effective Bug Bites.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Take two steps, wild encounter. One step, encounter. Two, encounter, one, etc. Like five battles walking eight tiles to get out of a patch of grass.

Wasting all of your Pokeballs on a Pokemon that shouldn't be so "wtf?" to catch like Patrat, etc.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Lately the thing that has been making my blood boil is when a shaking grass tile appears just as I leave a map. And missing out on all of that Audino experience. ;;

Years
Lately the thing that has been making my blood boil is when a shaking grass tile appears just as I leave a map. And missing out on all of that Audino experience. ;;

I hate that too, when you see shaking grass and a sudden random encounter ruins your chance to get a rare Pokemon or that Audino experience.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
See title.

I can list off these kinds of moments right now.

1) Walking through a patch of grass and on the last tile, I encounter a random Pokemon.
2) Encountering a Pokemon 5 times in a row walking only one step in between each encounter (this has happened before)
3) Luck Hax
4) Random Criticals, especially ones that occur at the worst times possible
5) Biking through a cave and a dust cloud containing a Drilbur/Excadrill pops up on the very next tile you step on.
6) Any cave, route, or other that requires a gratuitous amount of HMs
7) The idea of HMs in general. WHY ARE THEY IN THE GAME.
8) Trying to get an egg to show up in the daycare for 5 hours but it never showing up

I could list more, but I don't feel like thinking about it any more at this moment. I'll add more as it comes to mind. What are yours?

those are mine. i get driven insane when my pokemon is confused/attracted i'm like seriously x_x

#isthenumbersign
Years
I said this in another thread, but I threw my Masterball at some random Pokemon like Golbat, and then shut the game off, forgetting that I hadn't saved in hours. I think I did throw my GBA, or DS, can't remember which.

Back