• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Anime/Movies) PSYCHIC MATCH-UP: Mewtwo VS Sabrina of Saffron City

Who'd survive?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Sabrina of Saffron City

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
sabrina01.png

Sabrina has got to be the most powerful Psychic human even until the 5th generation. She has exhibited more power than even Sir Aaron and Riley combined, both Aura users. She can turn humans to dolls, shrink human sizes, teleport, make a manifestation of herself, destroy a house, bend almost anything metal, manipulate gravity, etc.

230px-150Mewtwo.png

Mewtwo is virtually the most powerful Psychic Pokemon. Mewtwo exhibited a lot more skills than Mew or any other Psychic Pokemon ever had. He rebuilt New Island, can mind control, can teleport various Pokemons and even large pieces of land altogether, can erase memories, etc.

Now if these two were to fight to the death, with Sabrina having no intention to capture Mewtwo, who would survive?

Discuss. ;p

TAKE NOTE: Anime/Movie Generation 5 Sabrina and Mewtwo. Meaning, Sabrina and Mewtwo would be more powerful than they were in Anime/Movie Generation 1.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Psychic human < psychic Pokemon.

Sabrina, although powerful, simply can't beat Mewtwo. Mewtwo can do nearly everything that Sabrina can do, except better. (He is a powered up version of Mew, which is already powerful to begin with. :\)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I guess if you want anime versions only... this goes in the Anime forum.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo and Sabrina's psychic abilities are on par with one another. I mean, they've done pretty much the impossible during their appearances.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Mewtwo obviously. Otherwise Giovanni would have tried to capture Sabrina! ;P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
You don't really have to add that tag to all your posts, the thread is in the anime section anyway.

Anyway, I actually like this question it's pretty interesting.
I guess Sabrina is very strong, and she did learn how to control her powers. Geez, this is hard. Mewtwo has been shown to be very strong in the movies.

Can't she just catch it? I think it would obviously fit her very well. If there was some sort of show down I probably would just go for Sabrina. She could easily just turn Mewtwo into a doll and capture it with a pokeball. :P

Mewtwo obviously. Otherwise Giovanni would have tried to capture Sabrina! ;P
Well he wanted the most powerful Pokémon. I doubt he probably knew much about her psychic abilities either, but yeah - Giovanni trying to capture Sabrina wouldn't be a very good storyline, in my opinion. :P

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
I'm sure it would be Mewtwo. Sure Sabrina has some powerful psychic attacks, but what about her defense? She is still a human, and I'm sure one shadow ball could explode her into a million pieces.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
Also, even if Mewtwo gets turned into a doll, I don't think that would affect his Psychic abilities. Mewtwo could still be a Psychic doll. XD

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Sabrina would most definatley have to have something crazy planned for Mewtwo. She would know how powerful he is and have something up her sleeve. Perhaps she would be able to pull it off somehow, so I wouldn't doubt her winning.

Furthermore, they both have their soft sides as well so that would play a role in the battle as well if they knew how to get at each other on an emotional level.

Years
It depends on which version, as powers vary. However, I'll go with the anime, since both characters are the most powerful (Sabrina can convert people into dolls; Mewtwo can do mindwipes). In terms of will, both are probably even matched, so psychic power vs. psychic power would likely end up a statemate.

I think Mewtwo will ultimately win, as it can use Pokemon attacks. Human endurance aside, it is hard to compete with that. That said, her younger self persona might be a decent psychological tool, as she could remind Mewtwo of Amber-two or Ai-two. A slight pause, and it could turn the battle around.

Of course, I could be wrong, as I was never good at this. heh.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Spr_4d_150.png
SabrinaHGSS.gif

Ooh...uh...this would be quite tough, especially considering as it involves a human whose statistics aren't necessarily quantifiable by Pokemon standards. >.< The battle would be very close, likely resulting in a stalemate. And though Mewtwo can mimic several abilities of Sabrina, there are certain actions that he cannot perform in duplicity, such as turning humans into inanimate dolls, minimizing his size, and create manifestations of himself (if one does not count the illusory Double Team and the odd mechanic of Substitute. Then again, Mewtwo from Generation 3 can just use Mimic to copy Sabrina's techniques). She could also simply catch Mewtwo in a Master Ball, which Mewtwo has succumbed to time and time again in the games.

However, Mewtwo also has various elemental moves at his disposable, some of which Sabrina could only dream of matching, such as Thunder (and notably whipping up a storm just by waving his hands), Hyper Beam, and Earthquake. Moreover, Mewtwo has the capacity of setting up defensive wards such as Reflect, Guard Swap, and Safeguard, not to mention he can recover his HP when the battle takes a turn for the worse.

This battle is quite difficult to gauge the winner of, though Mewtwo may have a slight edge. I'd love to see something like this (Sabrina vs. Mewtwo) manifest one day in the Pokemon anime; maybe in another Pokemon Chronicles special? :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2013
It is a reasonable question, though I don't have much doubt that Mewtwo would likely come out on top. I mean, he can create "the biggest storm ever" with near, no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back