• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?

Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years

Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.
Agreed. At this moment in time the speculation really is centred on whether or not the remakes are actually going to happen, and as time passes and no mention of remakes have been made by any officials, I'm slowly beginning to become less and less enthusiastic about the possibility of remakes appearing within the year. Don't get me wrong, I would still still be ecstatic if they were announced, but my optimism is dwindling. I'm still hoping that remakes will eventually be announced, but I doubt they will be any time soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)

Only different thing, in Sinnoh for the HG/SS remakes that added Lyra into the Anime while still in Sinnoh. That was HG/SS Remake hint in the Anime. We could get another small bonus like that if we get a new character for the RSE remakes showing up during the Junior World Tournament.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps for the remakes they could also add the Ryukyu islands for new areas to explore,which are south of Kyushu (in Hoenn's case they would be in the east). They could be like Hoenn's version of the Sevii islands.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The next year should be interesting, as I think there is no doubt we will get another main game next year since we already had (almost) the two year gap between B/W and B2W2, so we should get at least one other main game next year before GF has another 2 year gap before releasing the next main series game. So, it could be either R/S remakes or Gen VI. I see it being Gen VI though, because I just don't see them releasing R/S remakes on DS anymore and I don't see them making the first 3DS main game.. a remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond?

Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.

Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.

Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.

Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...

I meant relation between old and new Plasma. Opposing to each other like Aqua and Magma. N and Ghetis caused Zekrom/Reshiram to fight with Kyurem, the same like Aqua and Magma caused fight between Kyogre and Groudon. Both fights ended with appearance of third Pokemon - Rayquaza of new Kyurem form. It could be considered as hint because there is some resemblance.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.
So of all the shiny Pokemon they could have chosen, they just happened to choose a Shiny Gyarados, which just happened to have been a major part of the storyline in GSC? Why didn't they choose a rampaging shiny Mantine or Dragonite?

The Red Gyarados story from DPPt is most definitely a direct reference to the GSC games. Otherwise why would they just randomly include something as obvious as that?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years

yes people who played platinum would've heard about the red gyarados. It was even mentioned in one of these remake threads. A cameraman blocking lake valor talks about it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There also wasn't a Water Cave exclusive to Sapphire and a Magma Cave Exclusive to Ruby.

And what? When did Kyurem stop the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram? I never saw that happen. Old Plasma and New Plasma don't oppose each other in the same way that Aqua and Magma did. If anything they hardly oppose each other at all. They simply don't share the same view but are working towards the same goal. The Plasma relationship in B2W2 is nothing like Aqua/Magma's relationship. Cheren, your Rival, and you are the only ones directly attacking Team Plasma the other Plasma team are just sitting and waiting for N.

So there was no fight in B2W2 that relates to any fights in R/S.
Spoiler:

Years
I think Womba is reffering to Origin cave being filled with Lava in Ruby and Water in Sapphire in the room you capture the respective legend.
As for Kyurem stopping the battle...points to Xander's post. Giratina showing up between it's trio member is more similar to RSE than what happened in B2W2 and even than the event and cause was different...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think Womba is reffering to Origin cave being filled with Lava in Ruby and Water in Sapphire in the room you capture the respective legend.

Exactly, and not only Origin Cave, but also Seafloor Cavern.

And what? When did Kyurem stop the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram? I never saw that happen.

I didn't see that either because it's not what I said lol. I said that the way how two conflicted leaders (N and Ghetsis) caused the fight between two legendaries (Zekrom or Reshiram vs Kyurem) is similar how Archie and Maxie caused Kyogre vs Groudon fight. And then, fight is stopped by fusion (Black or White Kyurem's appearance), kinda like by Rayquaza's appearance.
I think those events are similar to each other (not literally, but schemes are similar) and different from what happened with Creation Trio in Platinum because Dialga and Palkia don't even fight with each other and there is also only one team leader Cyrus, not two leaders like in Emerald or B2/W2.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Uh.....Did you even play Ruby/Sapphire? Maxie and Archie did not start a conflict between their legends. The Legends hated each other and started fighting on their own. Magma and Aqua had nothing to do with them fighting.

N vs Ghetsis was a simple Pokemon battle between one of the Old Legends under N's Control and the Third Legend Kyurem. That still isn't any where NEAR being similar. N wasn't even said to be the leader of the Old Team Plasma, he's basically a more helpful Red in the new games. Only reason we associate him with Plasma because he was with Plasma. Also Ghetsis WANTED to absorb the Dragon N was carrying so they didn't stop a conflict between two legend. N lost the battle against Ghetsis and had his dragon stolen. The fight wasn't resolved by a Third Legend, but incited by the third.

The events on B2W2 are not similar to the events of R/S/E. There is still only 1 Evil team in B2W2 not 2 evil teams.

Years

Since B2W2 had 3DS apps/games associated with them perhaps the remakes could further dive into the uses of the 3Ds, perhaps it'll be the first 3Ds game though it'll be strange seeing how so far no generation has changed devices at the end but than again this generation hasn't been so predictable.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Something I though of, that could be totally wrong and probabally sounds REALLY stupid, but maybe possibly, they could release RS remakes as the first games on the 3DS, and maybe put placeholder spots for the 6th generation Pokemon in the data ready to be downloaded when the 6th generation games come out, and when they do, they can do some type of DLC type thing so you can "Update" the games and be able to have 6th gen Pokemon, attacks and abilities? Sounds stupid and unrealistic, I know but hey, it might be possible. I don't know how the whole system works.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not stupid, but it won't be something we'd see most likely due to an issue with that kinda data creating. If the remakes are made with Gen 6 in mind, then all the Gen 6 sprites, abilities, items, and attacks would be preloaded into the remakes. Cartridge games are very finicky with injecting new code into them and corrode very easily when you do, which is why over use of Action Replays and Game Sharks ruined most of the older games.

If the Remakes tie into 6th Gen they'd be released after 6th Gen. Still possible to get them on the 3DS before 6th Gen just not with the ability to update it when they come out.

blue

gucci
Years
If the Remakes tie into 6th Gen they'd be released after 6th Gen. Still possible to get them on the 3DS before 6th Gen just not with the ability to update it when they come out.

That's true, if it's not 2013 then Gen 6 will come first which will last for about 2 years after 2014 so we're looking around 2015/16 before we hear about RS remakes which will then lead people to start talking about DPPT remakes considering it will be their 10 year anniversary but that's kinda taking a step ahead.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Something I though of, that could be totally wrong and probabally sounds REALLY stupid, but maybe possibly, they could release RS remakes as the first games on the 3DS, and maybe put placeholder spots for the 6th generation Pokemon in the data ready to be downloaded when the 6th generation games come out, and when they do, they can do some type of DLC type thing so you can "Update" the games and be able to have 6th gen Pokemon, attacks and abilities? Sounds stupid and unrealistic, I know but hey, it might be possible. I don't know how the whole system works.

Not sure how much different 3DS is, but that is likely impossible. The games and their data is still on a read only memory, with the only actually alterable part being the save file, which surely isnt big enough to hold data for hundreds of added pokemon, and can go derp at times and delete stuff.

If they did go that route,
which could actually be an intelligent move since they could focus on figuring out the 3DS with that and use it professionally for the actual new games later,
but they would simply make it a one way trade like we have seen in the past.

I still seriously disagree that plain remakes would be a good move, especially at this weird moment between handhelds.

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
I want An S/R/E remake but havent seen one sof ar .. i miss the battle frontier =(

blue

gucci
Years
I would say an RS remake is most likely inevitable, sooner or later graphics are going to be far more advanced than they currently are so to keep Hoenn in the current graphics would just be too dated which would kinda give them no choice. That's just basing it off the graphics side of things however, I mean heck even now they're already way ahead of what they were back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back