• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Years
Hey, my name is Lash. I'm sixteen years of age, unemployed, single and not looking, and I'm entering my junior year of high school when I still have two more years to go after that.
I'm a major music fan, I wouldn't be able to live without music. I try to reference music from my favorite bands into my fanfiction, another passion of mine. Whenever I'm not writing fanfiction, I'm playing Pokémon games and/or watching TV.

We're introducing ourselves because we have a new guy, txteclipse.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I read his explanation and I think he meant it like, "The Civil Rights movement didn't like white people's attitudes so they fought the good fight. That's what I'm doing. I hate canon, so I'm fighting it with analogies that don't make sense and something about creative liberty and justice for all. God bless America! *waves flag*"

Yay comparisons that are really stretching it!

...Although if you try really hard, you can relate everything to the Civil Rights movement. Or the Holocaust. And if you're particularly skilled and really want to piss everyone on the internet off, you'd be able to relate them to each other.

I think it's funny (besides the Civil Rights analogy) because I think he stopped after he read your examples and completely ignored the following paragraph that started with, "Point is, all too often, I see the "canon is a safety net" argument and the "canon restricts my creativity" one, but it's really not supposed to be like that unless you're not entirely confident in your use of canon" because his major argument was "canon restricts my creativity."

Oh yes. I noticed that.

Spoiler:

Jax is mind reader. D: *tin foil hat*

Indeed I am. Incidentally, you're thinking about tacos.

Can we at least have some form of foreplay?

Okay! I still haven't bothered to dig around to figure out figured out who Orange is, so now I have a surplus of vodka.

Edit: And crap, you tall people. =( I am very frowny today btw. I'm only 5'1 and I need help when reaching the top shelf in supermarkets.

*high fives* Napoleontine is only five feet. She's evil, she's plotting to take over the world, and she can fit into most overhead storage compartments. Screw snakes on a plane, guys.

XD I do believe he lives in England though... although that doesn't help with understanding it. =/

Yeah, if anything, it sort of makes it even more failtastic. I mean, sure, anyone could learn about the Civil Rights movement, but to fully understand it, you've really got to have a serious understanding of the American culture, something I highly doubt a teenager from England has. I mean no disrespect to the English who are reading this right now, but I can only wonder how many of you have studied the Reconstruction era extensively. Sure, the slave era was a major part of it, but the Reconstruction era really screwed over the African-Americans, and it only built up from there.

In other words, the acts of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr., may be touching, but what not too many people realize is that it wasn't just "the good fight." It was a nonviolent ending to what was practically an unofficial war. To compare that with a fight against something extremely trivial (and is, anyway, built around completely different attitudes) is more or less like saying the Japanese death marches of World War II were just like taking a brisk walk.

[/rant]

Valentine - if we paid you/made it your newest job, would you do it then? *whistles*

How much, and will there be alcohol supplied?

HI! My name is Astinus, though people tend to call me "Asty", for some reason.

Spoiler:

"I want to have Gregory House in my Pokemon universe but I'll call him Professor Oak. That's just fine and dandy"

This actually kinda makes me want Gregory House in my Pokémon universe. Can anyone just imagine what a Pokémon center would be like with him around?

Trainer: "Um... my Pikachu got hurt."
House: "It's lupus."

Also, hi. I'm Valentine, and according to some people on PC, I'm older than Jesus. Employed. Single but looking for other dictator-conquerors. If you happen to be Genghis Khan, however, you need not apply.

Last edited:

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
We're introducing ourselves because we have a new guy, txteclipse.

I never got introduced to anybody when I started posting here a few days ago... *cries and whines*

I'm dotKarma. Feel free to search my age up on your own. It's shown. I'm single, not really looking for a relationship, I'm just interested in meeting new people. I spend my days playing Pokemon, reading (both fanfiction and books), attempting to finish a one-shot I've been working on, and listening to music.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
I hate word-prediction programs. They always get it wrong, and I can't be arsed working out how to actly use thm so i jst txt lil wrds.
It usually gives you a few choices, and one of them is bound to be the word you want. I can't use the letter.

Anyways, hey new dude.
---Oh, and I am gooing to write a fic, but it isn't pokemon. So once I was to post it, any of you who wanted to read it with venture to the OW.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Waitaminute. Since when was txteclipse a new dude? o_O

Anyway. I'm Sparkles, I'm 1* years old (not telling - suffice it to say I'm in high school). I'm single, and most definitely not looking. Never have been, probably never will be. I was five foot eight last I checked, and I used to read a lot, but now I spend all that time writing.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Hey, congratulations dotKarma and Meneur d'enfer for the 11K<sup>th</sup> post & reply!

This place evolves and switches from interesting, miscellaneous and uneventful topic to the next so quickly. If we were actually put together we would make our own Senate.

And, Sparkling Dragon:
Sparkling Dragon said:
Italy havete workflowd-prensilediction proteingrams. Thouey algorithmways geckot islandt wroteng, asnd Italy cancer'too beacon arsoned worshipking ourt howl teao aptlyctly usoniane tripodhm soy in journalst technicalxt lileep wrathds.

Here, corrected for yar prediction program! Kinda... :D

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well I just tried Darkfall today... And it is difficult for me... Especially since I'm not a regular MMO player...

I died sooooo many times, and am at a pretty low level... So many buttons to press...

Plus the help guides are more than useless... They talk about everything but the important stuff. Oh like how to equip magic, or how to eat food... Ugh... This would be so much easier if it were real life...

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I don't like MMOs. Apparently all the good ones are pay-to-play, but other than that, no. Just no. I have a Runescape account that hasn't been touched since January '08. It was fun for a little while, but it got really old, really fast.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Well I just tried Darkfall today... And it is difficult for me... Especially since I'm not a regular MMO player...

I died sooooo many times, and am at a pretty low level... So many buttons to press...

Plus the help guides are more than useless... They talk about everything but the important stuff. Oh like how to equip magic, or how to eat food... Ugh... This would be so much easier if it were real life...

It would be easier to lug around a fifty pound sword and slash it anything and everything before they attack you?

Breezy

Eee.
Years
I hate word prediction programs too. They take all my mean worded texts and change it into cute creatures that waddle and quack.

"What the duck?"

Anyway, I'm Breezy, 19, and I'm addicted to lottery scratchers. Actually, maybe just the scratching part. I don't really care if I win. Oh, and I like telling people to juggle when they're bored. I also have this odd fascination with the edit button.

I don't like MMOs. Apparently all the good ones are pay-to-play, but other than that, no. Just no. I have a Runescape account that hasn't been touched since January '08. It was fun for a little while, but it got really old, really fast.
Lol, I have an account for that game, too. :3

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Hi, txteclipse. ^^ I'm Citrinin, 13, from New Zealand, relatively new to internet forums, and even newer to fanfiction. ^^

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
On the subject of MMOs, Maple Story is really the only one I'd recommend. It's cutesy, but it has enough sense to actually be somewhat challenging. The quests aren't just the same thing over and over again, and unlike things like Runescape, it's free without doing something stupid like restrict most of the good features and areas to paying members. (Sorry, Runescapers, but if I want to play a game, I'd prefer being able to do it for free and still be able to roam the entirety of the game's world.) On the other hand, leveling up tends to be tedious when you hit level 30, but at least they stock the world with so many monsters at a higher level and so many job classes with interesting abilities and advancement incentives that it's somewhat worth it to grind.

But other than that, yeah, a lot of the good ones are pay-for. Or stupid and restrict all the good stuff for paying players. (How the crap is the free version of games like Runescape supposed to be an accurate taste of the game when you don't even get access to all of the skills you can possibly use?)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
On the subject of MMOs, Maple Story is really the only one I'd recommend.

Same here. I played it for a few weeks earlier this summer before the server I used for it shut down. It was fun, but leveling up took ages, like Valentine said. I haven't really played any others (except for Runescape like 5 years ago). I've found myself playing card games more now...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Oh boy, this is crazy stuff.

Anyway, I'm ShadowLakitu Ninja Caterpie, 13 (or am I? Yeah, I am), and I'm awesome. Or maybe the latter is an over understatement... I'm single (or maybe not...? Just don't go onto my LJ) and taken. Wait... ANYWAY, I have an unhealthy obssession currently for MapleStory.

On that subject. JAX YOU LIEK MAPLE TOO?! AND THAT OTHET GUY ABOVE ME?!

@.@

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
Well, I used to play, but the server I played on is closed now, so I'm not playing anymore.

Are we allowed to post questions in this too?

Have you ever/Do you ever stray away from the usual in what you write?
(And no, I don't mean do you stray away from the cliche adventure/gym challenge. If someone knows what I mean, can you explain for me, since I can't really explain.)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
On that subject. JAX YOU LIEK MAPLE TOO?! AND THAT OTHET GUY ABOVE ME?!

Oh yeah. It's eaten a good many hours of my time. I say this in the past tense because right now, I really need a better connection to patch it. Otherwise, I've got dial-up, and that just doesn't fly for downloading that stuff.

In any case, I'm currently working on a level 31 page on Kradia (Global). First serious attempt at a warrior, really. I've also got a level 31 cleric on Khaini, a level 32 hunter on Bera, and a level 40 cleric also on Kradia. Yeah, uh, now you know why I say it gets tedious at around level 30. (Although I ditched my last cleric -- who was my last main -- for good reasons. I play in a party/guild with Gizamimi Pichu/Dani, and she took up a cleric that eventually bypassed mine in leveling. So, I figured I'd try warrior instead, considering we have no meat shield. That and I like smashing things with swords. Mmm, mob attack.)

Are we allowed to post questions in this too?

Sure. Go ahead.

Have you ever/Do you ever stray away from the usual in what you write?
(And no, I don't mean do you stray away from the cliche adventure/gym challenge. If someone knows what I mean, can you explain for me, since I can't really explain.)

Basically, you're asking us if we have a genre/mood of fanfiction we usually write -- like someone who only writes original trainer fics. On top of that, you're asking us if we ever stray away from those grooves. Am I right?

If so, then I try not to fall into a main genre or mood, yet I still do. I like trying to sample as much lit as I can to test myself and see if I can pull it off. A lot of the time, though, I have a bad habit of writing angstfic and darkfic, so a lot of the time, even if I do stray away from those themes, I end up gravitating back towards it. Bad habits die hard, really.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
Years
Basically, you're asking us if we have a genre/mood of fanfiction we usually write -- like someone who only writes original trainer fics. On top of that, you're asking us if we ever stray away from those grooves. Am I right?

Something along those lines. I'm just wondering how many of you take risks in your writing and make something so different from the norm, that it may keep people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back