• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

but you promised

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
maybe this has been done before, to lazy too check

Are you one for keeping promises ?
I try to keep the promises I make people

Do people break their promises made to you ?
Oh yes they do sometimes

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
Years
I do everything I say. 'Nuf said

I hardly believe the other people who I don't know and every time that they say 'I promise...' then I change my attitude to serious to make them keep their promise. Sometimes, they lie and that makes me angry

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I try not to make promises, but I end up making promises in the end.
Then after I've made that promise, I try and make sure that I do not break it.

People sometimes even break the promises that they've made to me, but I guess that's their loss.

Last edited:

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
I only promise a painfully slow death to my victims... I mean.. I dont make promises

I dont trust people if they "promise" or "swear" so it makes no differance if they do or dont

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Are you one for keeping promises?
Yes, I try my best to keep the promises I have.

Do people break their promises made to you?
Uhh, I usually don't have people making promises to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Most of the time, I follow the promise; I forget which times I broke them. I also don't recall anyone breaking promises I made to them.

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
Years
I only make a promise if I'm gonna try my hardest to keep it, but sometimes it isn't possible and I feel really guilty..

I dunno, I hope people keep promises they make to me, but...I truly don't know if they do or not.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011

I almost always keep my word. I value honour very highly-at least in the matter of maintaining composure and respect-and I will not lie (unless I can get significant gain from it). :p
All the time. Lately I've developed apparently severe trust issues due to this matter.

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
Not really, because I never promise to do anything that I'm not absolutely sure I could do or would want to do. If I do make a promise I'll keep it, because I like to have my word count for something, but I prefer not to put myself in a position like that, because circumstances could just as easily change in the future.

Frequently. If people give me their word they'll do something, then I never believe them until they actually do it, because one's word is tossed around so casually these days, it hardly means anything to a lot of people. I'm not all that bothered by it anymore, though.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Of course I keep my promises. But then again, I only promise something when I know that as long as it's within my power, I'll do it.

But, people do break their promises. People around me make no difference, but at least I know that for this specific reason the people I know don't promise much-or don't promise at all. Still, there's this complex of trust that sometimes forces you to promise:
-Really, you'll do it for me?
-Sure thing, count on me.
-I don't believe you. Promise me!

So in the end it's just a false safeguard, at least most of the time nowadays.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
yes, I try my best to keep the promises I have made.
yes , they do sometimes break.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I always try to keep my promises, mainly because I only actually PROMISE when it is something I am confident I can accomplish. If I have any slight doubt in my ability to accomplish that promise, I won't make the promise in the first place. Of course, I usually preface any agreement with "Well, I'll try..." anyways, sooooo.....

I have had plenty of promises made to me broken. Primarily by my brother when he was younger, so those are a little more understandable, but I have had others broken as well. :\ Oh well, It doesn't make me any less trusting, I just hedge my bets a little and plan on having the promise broken. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't make a lot of promises, and I'm very wary of when I do. I only make them if I know I can carry it out. I don't like promises though, especially from other people. I'm just untrusting of a lot of people, and many other promises were broken by important people, so yeah. I prefer not to have promises made to me. I'll usually just stop someone if they're making one to me by saying "no, please don't promise me anything."

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I don't make promises, because I have lack of short-term memory and I don't want to owe someone something.

Many times those cases have happened, therefore I'm not as gullible as I used to be during elementary/middle school days.

Years
Yup, if i make a promise i will always keep it ^-^ If i'm pushed into the promise theres only a 90% chance i'll keep it though :x

Most of the time they do. But after a while you kinda expect it x3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I won't lie and say that I've kept every promise I've ever made, but I certainly try. If I promise something, I do intend to always live up to that promise, but you never know what circumstances might come between you and your duty. People have also made promises to me that they haven't kept, which I try to forgive them for. We are all only human, after all.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I try my very hardest to keep promises I make, there are very few reasons I would break a promise. I have of course, but I try not too mainly because I expect people to do stuff they promise me, if I broke them then it wouldn't be fair of me to ask people to keep them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If I promise something, I'll try to keep it, or have a good reason why I can't (something came up, it turned out to be harder than I thought, etc.) Of course, sometimes I just plain forget, in which case I don't have a good excuse xD

People have broken their promises to me many times, which especially gets me mad if I had kept an earlier promise to them... I understand things come up, but I've gotten excuses akin to, "I'm too lazy to keep it and I didn't even try," whick really irks me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I make too many promises/commitments because I feel really guilty rejecting them D: I try my best to keep them but.. sometimes they break, which makes me feel even more guilty ;~;

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
Years
I try as hard as I can to keep my promises, but sometimes people don't keep their promises to me (for example, my own parents <.<), so I try not to make promises to often.

Back