• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp CANNOT FLY

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I just finished watching the newest episode of Pokemon:Rival Destinies on Cartoon Network. The episode "Unova's Survival Crisis" had Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landorus all transform to their Therian Formes. When Cynthia sent out her Garchomp, it flew up to the sky with all of the other Pokemon to face the Therian Fomes! Not only that, it stayed in the air for quite a long time! What was up with that? Garchomp cannot fly so how come it was floating in the air with the other Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually Garchomp can fly, just can't use the attack Fly.

Half of its Pokedex entries say it is capable of flying.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oooo okay, I thought since it couldn't use Fly, it couldn't fly at all lol.

A small number of Flying Pokemon and Pokemon shown to be able to fly cannot learn Fly. Beedrill, Butterfree, Beautifly, Scyther, Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Yanma, Gligar, Mantine, Masquerain, Ninjask, Mothim, Combee, Vespiquen, Drifloon, Mantyke, Yanmega, Gliscor, Rotom, Shaymin, Archen, and Emolga. (I think I'm missing "Pokemon capable of flying but cannot learn fly)

There are a bunch of Non-Flying that can even though they usually don't show capability of flying, Hydreigon, Golurk, Kyurem, Genesect, Mew. Just to name a few.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
There are a bunch of Non-Flying that can even though they usually don't show capability of flying, Hydreigon, Golurk, Kyurem, Genesect, Mew. Just to name a few.
Hydreigon and Mew can float around, practically ignoring gravity (and the former has its wing-like appendages that probably do something). It's not technically flight but they are still capable of moving through the air at speed and altitude.

And haven't you seen how Golurk flies?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hydreigon and Mew can float around, practically ignoring gravity (and the former has its wing-like appendages that probably do something). It's not technically flight but they are still capable of moving through the air at speed and altitude.

And haven't you seen how Golurk flies?
Spoiler:

Mew and Hydreigon Levitate and Golurk walks on the ground. If neither were shown in the Anime, then they don't look as if they'd be able to fly. What about Golurk just by looking at its normal art tells you it can Fly?

Clefairy and Clefable can also fly. I didn't initially list them, but just to push the point I'm making. They also have wing like appendages, which again fits in with the Non-Flying Types with Wings. But they are hardly ever shown flying.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yea, I knew Golurk can fly a long time ago when I first started playing BW. I was shocked when I saw it could learn fly but thought it was pretty cool.

Back