• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: problem with the website or just me?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
problem with the website or just me?(SOLVED)

Okay I have been recently and quite frequently having problems with this site going down on me suddenly for a few hours and or lagging really bad when I post messages. I can understand if its alot of people experience this problem as that means the sites busy or blah. but what I wont to know is is it really the site doing this or it just me?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

It isn't just you! The site has been really laggy this week and today especially due to heavy traffic I presume. It seems to be getting a bit better now, so be patient and soon it should be running normal :]

Edit: Also, if you are experiencing lag it really helps of you avoid refreshing the page because that puts extra stress on the server so do as Amanda suggested below and grab a snack or something to pass the time.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
It's not just you, don't worry. The site sometimes experiences downtimes, and this happens more frequently during high-traffic hours. This is completely normal and happens to everyone. If it ever happens, go out for a drink or a snack and come back to check every now and then. Hopefully PC will be up and running by the time you return. c:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
okay. thanks for telling me this lol. lately it hasnt been acting up so tahts good. @michonne lol. I reset it all the time when it lags. looks like i have been doing more harm than good lol

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
It's recently just lagged for me when posting a post. But I assume it's just due to the heavy traffic. Thank goodness it's not lagging when loading pages. Just when posting.

Just posting to let you know that I've been experiencing it too!

Rukario

Banned
Years
a lot of the recent lagging is due to connection floods and scans, etc. from exploited boxes..
we try to block as many as we can but they have 1000's and we're limited to blocking 100's and, of course, when they connect they take up space / slots in Apache and system RAM and resources that would otherwise serve you your thread or post your reply.

We do plan updating the server soon so a lot more traffic can be handled even when we're targeted by abusers.

Years
Hi Rukario, and thanks for your reply & everything you do for the site!

That's crazy there is so much abuse. I thought it was hard to believe when many of the other pokemon sites were under DDoS attacks. What happened at a VGC event to make somebody ragequit so bad they started hacking poke sites? Who knows.

Thanks again, looking forward to any potential upgrades. : )

droomph

weeb
Years
yes for the most part and no idea aside from that's what they do

"hey, you wanna make some nerds who can barely maintain their site with their normal traffic have to shut down?"

"yeah! by the way, how's your self esteem?"

"Pretty low, why?"

"Oh, no reason. DDoS for everyone!"

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Welp more problems again lol.(decided to just post here instead of making another new thread). now whenever I am browsing through PC My browser randomly decides to "freeze up" or crash. sigh. I have some serious bad luck lol

Years
Welp more problems again lol.(decided to just post here instead of making another new thread). now whenever I am browsing through PC My browser randomly decides to "freeze up" or crash. sigh. I have some serious bad luck lol
If you could, please show us the page of the site your browser is freezing in and which browser you're using to see if we can replicate this issue on our end.

Personally, I haven't experienced any freezing with the site.. just the usual downtime and nothing more.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I am using google chrome and teh page hmmm....the last page I remmber was the "improv game" in the game section. (then again though my computer is old :( )

Back