• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought of suicide ?

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
No. It's selfish and stupid. What do you know other than this life? What "relief" can you feel if you can't feel anything after death? What about the amount of time, money, and love spent on you from childbirth, the privileges you enjoy that other, more unfortunate people across the world can only dream of that you are so callously throwing away?

Anyone who thinks they have no choice is just too lazy to think harder.

I'm really sorry but I quite literally just punched a wall...okay, a bookshelf (I'm not that manly ok :P) and my eyes are blurry and I'm trying seriously hard not to rant so hard at you right now because I know you haven't experienced that absolute low in life where you feel like the only thing you can control in your life is your taking of it, therefore it isn't your fault at all for thinking those kinds of things and when put in a logical perspective I completely see where you are coming from; however, the fundamental flaw in this argument is that depressed people or people with suicidal thoughts are often NOT THINKING LOGICALLY; bombarding them with **** like this which is completely reasonable from your perspective - and, honestly, is the reason I would not want to commit suicide now after suffering through a lot myself - would actually make the situation worse and could cause the person to blame themselves even more for what is happening, which, in turn, would make them more suicidal. So you understand why people would suddenly start jabbing at you for calling depressed people lazy.

OKAY rant over. There's more into this, but I don't want to really talk about because this has already put me on a fairly down mood. I don't really wanna talk about my experiences with this into detail either.

But what do I know, right? I'm just too lazy to think harder.
:P

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
This might end up being a really long post and if it does I apologize.
Some details I might skip over, as they're quite personal.

Firstly; I'd like to offer myself as someone to talk to if anyone ever feels like they need someone.
I've had experience with this topic, and for a long time I was close to suicide.

My experience. Spoilered for space saving.
Spoiler:

Some times things can seem like they can't get any worse. The thing to remember then is that, they can only get better. They will get better if you let them.

As I said; if anyone feels they need to talk, I can offer to listen as someone who truly understands.

Last edited:

Outlier

Eh I don't really wanna come off as if I'm glorifying suicide in any way. I always admire people who overcome their problems and adversities in life. That being said I think that writing suicide off as a selfish act is really insensitive to the person who chose to end their life. Unless you have children to look after then you don't owe your life to anybody but yourself, not even the parents who bought you into this world because you never asked for it. If you are fortunate enough to have people that you care about and who care about you in your life then I can't imagine why you'd wanna kill yourself anyway. But hey even if someone thinks that you have a lot to live for or that your reason for wanting to kill yourself is trivial, it's still your life and your choice.

After that morbid paragraph I feel like I need to disclaim that I think it's important to realize that you can snap out of depression and most bad feelings and situations really can get better whether through time or effort on your part. I think it's admirable for people to help others going through depression or a hard time, but it's not something you should rely on or feel entitled to. Everyone has their own problems after all.

Now as devastating as it can be for those surrounding the people who kill themselves, I think that it's selfish in of itself to expect someone to stick around because it would upset others, or because other people have lived through harsher times. This is a common argument that I hear about suicide and it's really insensitive to how the person who killed them self was feeling and thinking.

If someone decides to end their life then they are making the ultimate decision for them self. And at the end of the day depression/suicide is a personal struggle/decision for any individual. Hopefully you don't make that decision and either snap out of your depression or find something worth living for, but I just don't consider suicide to be a selfish thing.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I was originally gonna write a long post here about this telling the 'whole story' and explaining my thoughts and feelings and how I got around them and why stuff happened and whatnot, but I'm not going to spill that kind of information in public to a load of people who, mostly, won't really be all that interested. I'll say now that if you are interested for whatever reason then by all means drop me a PM and I'll probably tell you more. But yeah - just know that there's a lot to this, haha.

...weird disclaimer thing over, the short answer is yes. I wouldn't say I've felt seriously suicidal for a little while now but it's always been a thought that's come and gone for me and I imagine it will be again in the future. Sometimes for long periods of time, sometimes for short ones. It's really highly variable but definitely noticeable. I've got a very nasty habit of hypothesising how I'd go about it, planning it, then never actually setting myself a date and time of when I'd do it (or, not sticking to that date and time). Other times it's been more spontaneous - "oh crap I could just do it right now" as a train's going past or whatever. In any case I tend to go a bit beyond just feeling suicidal, which is a rather dangerous place to be in. This is all for a number of reasons, anyway - most of them in the past or moving into the past now, but ones which'll still take a good amount of... for lack of a better term, getting over.

Sometimes it's a kinda weird case for me of not wanting to die, but rather just not really wanting to be alive. I guess I wouldn't call that as much 'suicidal' as I would... idk. I don't know the word for that, but it's another state that I get into on occasion. Iirc it's not that uncommon so I'm sure that some people on here know how it feels when you're essentially indifferent towards the idea of living or dying. d:

Since other people have come out with this in this thread, I may as well too - although I've not really told many people this at all and some people who know me might look at this and be kinda surprised maybe, I've attempted suicide once. Needless to say it didn't work, and that's definitely for the better. Right now I don't want to die - but at the time I was in the highly irrational mindset, mixed with some other things, that a suicidal person adopts at their lowest points. At the time it had been building up for a month or so and it all just kinda got too much at the time. Afterwards I knew it had been a mistake but didn't thoroughly believe that - now, though, I'm definitely happy that it didn't work out. I still worry about what I might end up doing the next time I'm in such a state though, and that's the kinda doubt that leads people on some veeeery unpleasant downwards spirals. I should fix that. I think attempting is the only real regret I have in life now, and it's something that makes me cringe and beat myself up a little bit for how stupid it was in hindsight. But I suppose hindsight's a wonderful thing. I'm the kinda person who lives very much in the here-and-now and I know that, at the time, it was what I wanted to do. That's why I did it. And that in itself is a kinda scary thought these days.

...to lighten the mood a bit, I feel fine with stuff right now, so that's nice! And this is one of the longest non-suicidal periods I can think of so I'd like to say I'm doing pretty well atm. :D

Last edited:

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
Years
I've thought of what if I commit suicide and what happens after but I've never thought of actually doing it {XD}

Khawill

<3
Years
I used to think about it, but now I think about the people who die every day even though they don't want to. I feel like I should bide my time and hope that maybe I can trade my life for theirs.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
No. It's selfish and stupid. What do you know other than this life? What "relief" can you feel if you can't feel anything after death? What about the amount of time, money, and love spent on you from childbirth, the privileges you enjoy that other, more unfortunate people across the world can only dream of that you are so callously throwing away?

Anyone who thinks they have no choice is just too lazy to think harder.

lmao I was totally coming into this thread thinking someone would spout something similar and I had an entire rant prepared but now I'm just laughing irl @ the fact that you used the word 'callously' and that is the definition of your post right here.
YFm3Aca.png

on topic: yeah I thought about killing myself my grade 12 year of high school. glad I didn't.

Oh no, don't even go to suicide.
What will your parents think? Your friends?

believe it or not a person who is mentally ill and wants to kill themselves probably won't think of that considering they aren't in the right frame of mind.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Don't ever think of suicide............ I mean, who wants to do the plain old jump-off-a-building thing? A lot of people do that.......... It's not fun at all..........
If you wanna do it you may do it the following way............
1. Go to a girl/guy you love and tell them I love you.......
2. Send a message to your best friend that says "Good bye........" Be sure to include all the dots!
3. Go to an arms and ammunition shop and buy some stuff............ Any weapon will do..... Depends on how grand you want your suicide to be..........
4. Never communicate with anyone(but me :P) after step 3..... It may spoil the plan........
5. Pick up the gun, wear you favorite outfit(should have face coverage) and get ready to die..........
6. Go outside and cause massive mayhem....... Go up to a person, insult them and blow their brains out......... Be sure to conserve ammo.......
7. Continue the killing till the local authorities arrive..........
8. Now, become tactical, take cover and then plan your shots....... Don't spray bullets or go forward easily........ Kill as many officers as possible.......... I would suggest all of them should be killed........
9. When you have only one bullet remaining, run outside into the bullet firing and shoot the last bullet in your chest or head..........
10. Remember to openly abuse the authorities before shooting yourself...........
11. Most important! Leave a message in your house on either the walls or any device that says: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
12. Enjoy your afterlife............. :)

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
OKAY rant over. There's more into this, but I don't want to really talk about because this has already put me on a fairly down mood. I don't really wanna talk about my experiences with this into detail either.

But what do I know, right? I'm just too lazy to think harder.
:P

If I put you in a bad mood I'm sorry. Someone I knew committed suicide and I feel nothing but anger towards him, maybe that's why I came off that way.

Anyway we're not in disagreement buddy, you used the word I was going for: "logical". Obviously rationale means nothing to someone caught in the heat of the moment. I'm not addressing mental disorders because by definition they cannot be normally addressed.

And well, you're not dead so clearly you weren't too lazy to think harder (not that the statement was meant towards you :P)

lmao I was totally coming into this thread thinking someone would spout something similar and I had an entire rant prepared but now I'm just laughing irl @ the fact that you used the word 'callously' and that is the definition of your post right here.
YFm3Aca.png

believe it or not a person who is mentally ill and wants to kill themselves probably won't think of that considering they aren't in the right frame of mind.

If you know what you are doing, yes it is callous. I know there was an edge to my words and I meant it.

There are people who "logically" tell themselves there is no choice but to die, my words are for those people. Rationality is a different discussion though; you might say "you would never rationally tell yourself it's ok to die" but I disagree. I know there are people who do.

Pinta77

You know I had a teacher who said one of the wisest things I've ever heard. I was never too fond of this teacher, and I still have no clue what it had to do with English, but she said something along the lines of

At some point when you're growing up, you're going to realise that you are physically capable of taking your own life. And then later you are going to decide to yourself "will that ever be an option for me?"

Suicide is never an option for me, maybe partially because of my faith in God. But on the other hand I understand why someone would feel like that. And another thing, I don't believe anyone who commits suicide goes straight to hell. Suicide is a sin, but God forgives sin.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I've contemplated suicide, but that was only when I was forced into a psychological corner and mentally beaten by my father. I'm still living with him, but he's backed off of me to a comfortable level since I'm moving out of here ASAP to my mother's. Thankfully I'm out of that corner since my mother moved here from Carolina. Thank heaven she's here. :)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well if the therapist thinks your suicidal its for the best but in this case good job for giving them an earful.

When I was younger I did, and a lot I never really gave it much thought on how to do it since I wasn't the brightest kid when it came to suicide but I sure did know how to dispose of bodies :D

Recently I have considered it but just to experience death but that is kind of silly in retrospect I should stop whatever I am doing lol but as a kid I did I was very emotional and just depressed it wasn't bullying. I don't know what got into me I just hated the world and wanted to get the pain to go away though I don't know what caused the pain I guess I just grew out of it. My mother tried to blame it on playing video games but B.S. I think it was from my Mum actually she is a character and it can be difficult to get on with but I don't mind she is my mum and I love her even after all the stuff she did.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Yes, and it's what got me banned from BMGF in the first place, and I've fully regret it. I easily get into a depressive state whenever someone scowls at me for spineless behavior, and I always thought suicide was the only answer, because I thought it would make them happy if I was gone for good, so I won't bother them again. If only people were able to tell between good opinions and bad opinions, I wouldn't think like this.

I used to be like that and still am but don't get as bad with it anymore..... sometimes the thought appears because it does and sometimes it could be almost anything that could upset me.....

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Did anyone of you ever thought about jumping of a building or something? ...
do you think its the right thing?
Well do you think someone can get soo depressed that he\she thinks dying is easier ...

Think about it? Yes, I've contemplated it a lot. Especially while I was growing up.

Made it an option? No, never.

I, personally, don't think it's the right thing. I could never put anyone through any pain like that. I have 4 younger siblings, and 3 older ones, along with my parents. Although I grew up pretty much by myself, finding my own ways to entertain myself, because nobody wanted me around, I could never build up the courage to do it, no matter how much I thought nobody would care. What if my youngest sisters found me? I couldn't ever do that to them.

Now, I actually have a friend. A true friend. And if I killed myself now, I know it'd kill him, too, so there's no way I'll ever consider it.

I do think that people can sink that far into depression. Seriously, it's not that hard. It happens all the time, and when you do, you generally don't think that anyone else will react the way they do. You won't think of your parents tears, or your friends. At that point, you're so far into the depression, all you can think of is 'I have to get out'. And really, I don't think you'd care how you do it, just as long as you get out. Suicide? That's probably the easiest way out. But that doesn't make it right. Just because it's easy, doesn't make it the right thing to do. You should never feel that down to consider doing that to yourself, the people around you should help you. Do they? Not usually, which is why I hate people in general.

Just please, please, please find someone to talk to, tell them what you're going through, allow them to try to help you, it will be so much better than killing yourself. There are people out there like that, you've just gotta find them... on the internet, or in your own neighbourhood, or even if you find professional help, there's people willing to help around you.

I'm not very good at advice when people are upset, I don't generally know what to do or say. But I can say, I am good at listening. I will listen to anything you'd have to say. I'll try to give you advice, but I may not be able to, but I'll listen. I will.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I have. Never attempted, but I have thought about it. I just push the thoughts out of my head. I have no reason to live, but I'm better off alive than dead.

Suicide is useless. It solves nothing. I get so depressed because of my SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder, always found it funny how that works out.). SAD keeps me from talking to people, which in turns makes me depressed because I can't make many friends. I can tell I'll be alone and single for a while, or at least until I can get over SAD.

I think some people use their power over some people (Like me. People use their power over me, not the other way around.) to make them depressed. If you're one of these powercrazed people, I beg you to change your ways. It doesn't help you in any way, and only makes people with disorders like mine even more sad. I don't think these kinds of people exist on PC, and I don't want them to.

Like throwing a match into water, suicide puts out the light. It ends everything, which to some people may seem like the answer, but it's not. It's a permanent solution to temporary problems. Just because your sad, doesn't mean that world hates you and that you don't belong in it. Everyone has a place and a reason, even if you don't know it yet, you have one. I have one. Mines to intimidate people with my surprising intelligence and strange form of confidence. If i'm confronted with a situation where I have to stand up for myself, I do, and it throws people off. I have low self confidence when it comes to talking to people, but when it comes down to it, I have a super high ego and to much self confidence. Sometimes I get cocky and get my ass kicked, but a lot of the time, people back away when they see that this little scene kid isn't afraid of fighting.

Don't use suicide as a way out. It has no use. I beg for those who feel this way to talk to someone about it. I'm willing to talk to anyone about it anytime. I want to help you get over these feelings, you don't have to kill yourself to end the pain. Just power through it with a little pride. People won't mess with you if you show self-confidence!

Again, if you ever need to talk about suicide, or anything that deals with depression, or even if you suffer with Social Anxiety, and wan't to talk about it, I'm sure you can find someone that will talk to you and give you support. If you wan't to talk to me, hit me in the face with a PM, or add me on skype (Make sure you tell me who you are, or I won't be able to accept it. I don't add randybob scrandies on skype.) My skype is BlueFlare115 (Don't ask. There's a long story behind it.). Sorry if this seems more of me just putting my hand out to others, instead of just answering the question, but I truly want to help anyone I can.

Yukari

Honestly, yes I have thought about it rather frequently in the past,adolescence Has helped, but not with my self esteem problems. I hate myself and have struggled with depression for several years. When I do something wrong I would hate myself over it, I would scream and curse at myself, call myself a ******* idiot, you get the idea. I couldn't stand to see other people do wrong but It was worse when I was the one doing it... and it only got worse when I Discovered a magical land called THE INTERNET!

When I joined Pokecommunity I was only twelve, and, you know how pre-teens are, I'm so glad I never received an Infraction... I never would have forgiven myself... as previously established I have a lot of self esteem issues and always felt like an Idiot if I made a post that I felt was Idiotic. But I made just as many mistakes I real life as I did on the Internet, And I would hold it against myself for a long time and I could get seriously depressed, to the point that not only did I think about suicide I attempted it.

Now two years later I've grown and matured considerably, I can still get really angry at myself but now I don't consider suicide as an option anymore.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ummm yeah i have and considering im so young i guess it's pretty bad XD

I'd never go through with it though... too much of a ***** for that :p I guess this one period of time where I completely changed myself to join in with the "popular" crowd made me hate life and stuff but, yeah here I am sometimes feeling amazing sometimes feeling extremely depressed cause I changed myself in all those ways and I still don't really know for better or worse

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
This subject is both, really hard to approach and exceptionally sensitive for many, including myself. Though I personally had never contemplated suicide, It has affected my life. My father Killed himself one week after my 7th birthday. It was, both eye opening as well as devastating.

Years later I come to the table, having experienced but a few lows and Highs that life has to offer me; One thing has never changed, the fact that everything I say and do effects the people around me no matter how small. Suicide will have a negative effect on others around you, even if you don't think anyone will care.

It's really hard to put into words what I have felt or how it has changed me, in fact I've been staring blankly at this reply box trying to find some way Of spitting it out into words. The fact of the matter remains, even though to some it may be an option, Suicide should never be a choice. Though an outlook may seem bleak at times remember that, you live in a place of infinite possibilities, and every situation holds outcomes that you may not see right away. The important part is to keep looking, eventually you will find a path out of the dark place you are in.

I apologize If this looks like a jumbled up mess of incomplete thoughts, but it's not intended to be.

Years
I used to get this way pretty often. Even now it crops up sometimes. It was worst, though, for a couple months in late 2011, when I was too deep in depression to do much of anything, and I genuinely felt I was worthless. If anything, the pervasive lack of energy saved my life.

Back