• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon: Tears of Vengeance

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Pokémon: Tears of Vengeance

pokelogo.png

intro.png
Hi! I'm ptisnjunk95 (aka dtk95) and this is an idea for a fan game. I started thinking in this project in December of 2014 after giving up of Pokémon: A walk in the past, but with college I didn't have much time to start doing something. After some months without touching in RPG Maker XP, I found the files, maps and info in my drive, and decided to share with you.

The story isn't too much original, although it's not like most of the stories from the Nintendo Games.

So, enjoy reading ;)

jeido.png
Spoiler:

jeido_myth.png
Spoiler:

plot.png

Spoiler:

charact.png
Spoiler:

factions.png
Spoiler:

gyms.png
Spoiler:

feat.png
Spoiler:

regi.png
Spoiler:

embed.png
Spoiler:

credits.png
Spoiler:

Hope you liked. Don't forget to give your opinion because it's very important!

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
I edited the first post to add information about Characters and Factions.

Also I had to change the name for the Professor from Willow to Tyler, because there is already a character of Pokémon Acanthite with the same name, which I didn't know. I ask apologies to the Acanthite's Development Team.

EDIT: I added the plot for the story and reorganized the thread.

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
3rd January: First post updated with some names of Team Doom and Hope important members. I'm working on the main characters' design.

Also I still don't know which Generation of graphics I should use. I not a pixel art expert (as you can see at the region map and the Team Doom grunt sprites) so I have to use public tiles.

9th January EDIT: Introducing the Jeido Gym Leaders. Currently I'm working on the Sprites of the Important Characters.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
I am looking forward to the progress of this game. You will probably need spriters and others who can help you make maps. I am neither of these but I wish you well. What kind of sprites for Pokemon will you use? Animated or Pixelized?

From what I read you seem to want to include all the regions plus your own. That seems ambitious, almost too ambitious. You will definitely need large amounts of help. Honestly thats the biggest load I have seen a developer take on a Pokemon game.I would rather see more focus on your own regions plus Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh for the main game.
I can't see why Johto and Kanto are even necessary in your plot in the game except for a Post game or a sequel.

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for sharing your opinion! (also SpartaLazor, sorry for not replying to you). That made me think the whole weekend. Sorry for just reply today (college -.-" ).

You will probably need spriters and others who can help you make maps. I am neither of these but I wish you well.

Probably I will need help, but I'm still not ask for help without knowing for certain what I need. But I will really need a hand of pixel artists who know how to do (or rip and edit) tiles;

Also I will need someone to advise me about the difficulty of the game, for example the average level of a certain area, etc. As you can see I still didn't choose which starters to use, and also the reason why I'm still unsure to use fakémons, because I can't just draw some and put them in the game without create their stats and make them competitive (or non competitive).

What kind of sprites for Pokemon will you use? Animated or Pixelized?
Possibly Non-Animated. I will use some of the HGSS and others from DPPt.

From what I read you seem to want to include all the regions plus your own. That seems ambitious, almost too ambitious.
I know how it sounds, but it's ambition that leads you to success, although you still need to keep your feet on the floor. It's very unlikely that I could finish the game with all of them, but I design the game like that, the possibilities are endless!!!

I would rather see more focus on your own regions plus Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh for the main game.
The main story will happen in Jeido, Hoenn, Oblivia, Sinnoh, Ischys and Kalos. The others are post game, as you can see it's a titanic story. In 11 Regions, you have 6 regions with a story, and then more 5 to explore. Ransei is going to be a great challenge because you don't have reference maps, and also the mapper can free his/her imagination because there aren't any references.

Sorry for the big text!!!

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
I just updated the 1st post with the player's sprites.

As I intended to make my game in different regions, some of them are cold and others warm. So I decided to use the Essentials' Outfit feature, to change the outfit acording where you are. For example in the starting region of Jeido, the character begins the journey in the top of a mountain, but the rest of the region is warm, so it's non-sense to use a Summer Outfit in the Frosty Wall, that includes 4 of the cities and then a Winter Outfit in the rest of the region that's warm, due to the existence of vulcanoes in the area...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Thank you for your response. I didnt respond earlier because i had some personal issues. As for the player sprites I believe that in my opinion they look too pixelized . Of course you can disregard this opinion because I am not a spriter. You might also need someone to make animations for the cutscenes, a crew for testing and other scripters to help you out.

As for the fakemon , that is your personal choice . You could hire someone to make the sprites but to make them balanced for gameplay is an another story itself. I would personally prefer to make fake evolutions of known Pokemon rather than completely new ones . Maybe an evolution/Mega evolution for Lapras . Something that makes your game more unique than others. Perhaps new Legendaries?

I personally look forward to the long story and exploring the game because it could be the longest game yet. But ambitions often come with many difficulities and you seem to be a beginner at game development. You could have tried something easier for your first game but you have already made your decision so I won't force you to change your mind.

I also wonder how will you manage with the Gym Leaders? Will they be Exp fodder or will they play a part in the story? How many do you plan to include them in?

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Spoiler:

As for the player sprites I believe that in my opinion they look too pixelized .
They're 2xZoomed to be adjusted to Essentials (if you take a look to Essentials sprites, you'll see I'm right. Honestly, I'm not pleased with the male knit cap, so don't take it like it's the final sprite, because it can have more editing.

As for the fakemon , that is your personal choice .
I would like to have some, the problem isn't the sprites, I can make some, I already have done some, but the problem is creating everything behind it (stats and moves). That's what keeps me of doing it right now. Also the original idea is to create a mega evolution for Arcanine (Fire / Fairy), that would have an impact in the story. In Jeido's Mythology, Tadayoshi's partner was an Arcanine and not a Blaziken, and after Tadayoshi and Kayamaru battle, the Jinshima Island environment was cured by the Mega Arcanine's ability.

I also wonder how will you manage with the Gym Leaders?
Jeido will have 8 leaders, and as you can see in the plot, they take part of story. Some of them are really important characters. About Ischys, I don't know yet, because the region is based in the Iberian Peninsula (Portugal + Spain). It's a big region, that's a thing I want to decide after, because I still have lot's of story to do before.

it could be the longest game yet
The longest game I've seen until now is Pokémon Silver Chronicles, a brazilian game (it's in Portuguese), that is based in GS but with anime characters. It have Johto, Kanto, Orange Islands, and they're developing Hoenn. I don't know if there is any longer game than that one but it's possible that might be some.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Update: I will start to get some work done on RPG Maker. Initially I will use only the resources given in Essentials and as I'm needing, I will add custom resources.

Also after wondering which Gen graphics style, I think I will use 4th Gen style. Also I would have more opinions and tips of what I could do in game. And I would like to say thanks to those who have spared some minutes to read this thread.

EDIT: Started to add and testing them. After choosing which one I will definitely use, I will credit the awesome scripters who develop them.

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
26th January: For those interested I've included some screenshots of what I've been working on: Implementing some scripts and edit some visual aspects of the game. What do you think so far?

EDIT 4th February: Starting to build a tileset using Public Tilesets. Mainly, it will be HGSS styled Graphics, with some 5th gen styled tiles. Also still don't have too much opinions :'( I really want to know what do you think about the plot, your ideas and suggestions.

Back