• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What exactly is special attack and special defense? And, why do they matter?

Special Attack applies to when a pokemon uses an attack that's considered "special", as in, not physical, such as Ember and Focus Blast. Attack is the physical equivalent, for moves like Tackle and Zen Headbutt. Special Defense is the counterpart of Defense, so when a Pokemon uses a Special attack on you, that's what's taken into account instead of Defense.

The only way to tell if it's special or physical is to look online, but after a while you probably will have a good idea of most of them and what type they are, by their name and description or just from past experience.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do you know when a pokemon's stat is fully ev trained?

You have no way of telling other than keeping close track for any one stat, but you can tell if your Pokemon has received all of its EVs by talking to a woman in Opelucid that will tell you whether or not your Pokemon can try a bit harder or it has put in a great effort (not full vs. full EVs).

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
@Moonlight yes the NPC does dissapear from Unity Tower when deleted from your Pal Pad I think. :)

And my own question, just to see if this is possible; If you transferred a male Gliscor with stealth rock from 4th gen, and then let it breed with a female Gliscor with Poison Heal. Is there a chance the Gligar could have the fathers passed down SR move and the mothers ability?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
@Moonlight yes the NPC does dissapear from Unity Tower when deleted from your Pal Pad I think. :)

And my own question, just to see if this is possible; If you transferred a male Gliscor with stealth rock from 4th gen, and then let it breed with a female Gliscor with Poison Heal. Is there a chance the Gligar could have the fathers passed down SR move and the mothers ability?
It's possible for the baby Gligar to have Immunity (which changes to Poison Heal when it evolves), but it's not possible for it to have Stealth Rock, which isn't one of Gligar/Gliscor's egg moves (and a Gen V TM) in the first place.

Years
How many pokemon are there in total if you count all different forms? Not counting if a single pokemon can transform, but a pokemon species having different catchable forms. Like Frillish having a male and female form, NOT like Deerling having one form for each season.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
How many pokemon are there in total if you count all different forms? Not counting if a single pokemon can transform, but a pokemon species having different catchable forms. Like Frillish having a male and female form, NOT like Deerling having one form for each season.

That would take too long for someone to count.

But... here is an estimate.

We're going to assume that 2/3 of Pokemon in the game have different genders (which is roughly correct).

Soooooo

649/3 = 216
216 x 2 = 432
So 649 + 432 = 1081.

So roughly 1081 different catchable forms.
This is assuming you didn't want Pokemon like Deoxy who has a Speed form/Defence form etc.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Help Me Please...

I really need a Ice type Pokemon to battle the last gym but i don't know what and where to get a really good Ice type Pokemon, so please help me....

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
If I can say something , Go catch yourself an Axew In mistralton cave , it's a dragon type , it's really fast and has high attack , you should train it to at least level 40-42 and then you should be able to defeat the gym leader if your team is Legit ^^'

Years
what pokemon have wonder guard as a ability? i believe that's the name. it's the ability that lets only supereffective moves hit. is there any specific pokemon that have it?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
what pokemon have wonder guard as a ability? i believe that's the name. it's the ability that lets only supereffective moves hit. is there any specific pokemon that have it?

Only Shedinja has Wonder Guard as an ability, if I remember correctly.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Question About Wonder Cards

I would like to post a question about Wonder Cards in Pokemon B/W. Can they be used if I transfer the Wonder Card from one cartridge to another? Like for instance, can I still go to catch Victini in a second cartridge when I transfer it from the first?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I would like to post a question about Wonder Cards in Pokemon B/W. Can they be used if I transfer the Wonder Card from one cartridge to another? Like for instance, can I still go to catch Victini in a second cartridge when I transfer it from the first?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't transfer Wonder Cards in 5th Gen.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I tried to transfer the Victini card to my friends at school and it didn't work, so I'm thinking that no, it doesn't work.

Years
Starting a new Game - Obtaining a new Game Sync code?

My question is simple and yet i can't find an answer on the web: if I start a new game in Pokemon White, can i have a new sync code and i can "restart" my game on the Dream World with a new account, or i get stuck and can't go online anymore?

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
My question is simple and yet i can't find an answer on the web: if I start a new game in Pokemon White, can i have a new sync code and i can "restart" my game on the Dream World with a new account, or i get stuck and can't go online anymore?

No. Once you register your Game Sync code to your Pokemon Global Link code, it's impossible to change the code to the one that you get after restarting the game. You will have to start a new PGL account.

@Misheard Whisper: Serious? I wanted to restart my Pokemon Black but I'm worried about losing the card.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@Misheard Whisper: Serious? I wanted to restart my Pokemon Black but I'm worried about losing the card.
If I were you I would probably catch the Victini (if you already haven't) and trade it over to someone who will hang onto it for the mean time.

Quoted from Bulbapedia:

Some Wonder Cards may also be used via DS Wireless Connection, enabling a player with an event to distribute the card for the event to players that do not yet have it.
- I guess you could try this as well, but if it doesn't work you're better off catching that Victini first before restarting your game, or more than likely you will lose the Wonder Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back