• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
whats a good moveset for gigalith and zoroark?
thanks in advance =)

Gigalith @Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion

That's a lead set for Gigalith orrr there's a LO set;

Gigalith @Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
Ability: Sand Force
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Return

As for Zorrroooo they're are many sets;

Zoroark @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower/Extrasensory
-Nasty Plot

This is his NP special sweeping set

Zoroark @Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
-Sucker Punch/Night Slash
-Low Sweep
-Flamethrower
-Swords Dance

This is the physical equivalent to the special sweeper set.

Zoroark @Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive/Timid Nature
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-U-Turn

Choice scarf set, let's Zoroark abuse his high stats without boosts. <:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Also why are you using Grotle and not Torterra? I'm pretty sure he's not used enough to be in UU lol ;-;
Eviolite Grotle bro. It's surprisingly bulky and can use Leech Seed to support my team members. It's also my Stealth Rock poke.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I would like to ask what you recommend for an in-game moveset for a female Unfezant (currently a Tranquill). I originally bred her to a Pidove, and through this, I taught her Hypnosis, which I would like to keep. What I was thinking was Fly, Hypnosis, Toxic, and Return or Giga Impact. What would you guys recommend?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Unfezant is a terrible Pokemon competitively, due to it's average stats and terrible movepool, but if you're insistent on using one, here's what I'd recommend.

Unfezant @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Aerial Ace/Pluck
- Return
- U-Turn

This is honestly the best thing you're going to get from Unfezant if you ask me.

Years
I'm looking for a Weezing Counter for RU, maybe one with good synergy with Weezing, Electavire, Moltres, Krookodile and Grotle?

Thanks in advanced!

Alakazam seems like what you're looking for. It's powerful special attack should make quick work of Weezing's less than steller SpDef.

Also, do you have a rapid spinner on this team? Moltres might not enjoy 50% of his health being eaten by Rocks, Claydol might prove useful as a wall and rapid spinner, you should look into using it.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Karpman, with Moltres the only SR weak Pokemon in this team, I don't think a Rapid Spinner will be needed. Also, thank you Karpman, I'm going to test Alakazam now.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Karpman, with Moltres the only SR weak Pokemon in this team, I don't think a Rapid Spinner will be needed. Also, thank you Karpman, I'm going to test Alakazam now.

It's still almost necessary to get one since you'll be 2HKO'd just by switching in and out, unless you want to make one of your Pokemon dead weight after it's switched in once. ;-;

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
hows my set for Krookodile looking?

krookodile @ focus sash
Adamant
ability: intimidate
4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed

foul play
earthquake
protect
dragon claw

i will be using it for double battles. protect is to scout moves and everything else is for type coverage. dragon claw takes care of most dragon types and foul play and EQ are strong STAB moves.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
You're going to want to work your set around a little, as Dragon Claw, sure it hits dragons, but it hits nothing else. Dragon-type moves should stay on solely dragons because they get the STAB bonus. Try this set out:

Krookodile@Life Orb / Focus Sash / Expert Belt
Adamant or Jolly Nature [+Atk; -SpA] [+Spe; -SpA] (respectively)
Ability: Intimidate if you want more bulk, Moxie if you want to sweep
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect / Bulk Up

Foul Play isn't that reliable of a move, since it uses the opponent's attack stat instead of yours (say you attack Blissey with it, you'll do very little damage). Crunch is more reliable and has plenty of power for a more reliable method of hitting pokemon. Earthquake is good, but Dragon Claw, as mentioned earlier, doesn't really offer much coverage. Stone Edge when paired with Earthquake offers amazing coverage, and with Crunch thrown into the mix, the only pokemon that resist all of these moves are Breloom and Virizion. Everything else will be hit for neutral damage. Protect is a good scouting ability for doubles I guess (I don't play doubles much) and can help you keep yourself safe from moves like Surf and the like, but if you ever find it becoming useless for whatever reason, Krook appreciates Bulk Up to help out his defense stat, and hit harder with his amazing coverage. :]

Hope this helps. :]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I would like a suggestion for a moveset for my Stunfisk. Yes, I'm using a Stunfisk. I like Stunfisk. He's actually doing pretty well for me. I bred him to know Earth Power, which I am DEFINITELY keeping. Here's what I was thinking:

Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm

Give me your advice, please.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
Which of these would be the better phys sweeper

im new to online battles(really havnt even done it but will have wifi soon), currently care more about the pokemon i want to use more than the universal best so dont suggest more

right now i have a delima between these 2

havnt thought of a snappy name for him
Breloom, Adament(took me 50+ eggs to get this then got a female, so if any1 wants 1 i can trade a baby later)
EVs: att, HP
Passive: poison heal
Item: Toxic orb
facade
pump up
spore
worry seed(just to get rid of hassle some passives)

"CritHappens"
Primape, adament
EVs: att, speed
passive: vital spirit
item: razor claw
cross chop
focus energy
ice punch(for flying)
-----------this spot i really cant decide, drain punch or substitute would be good i guess, all the dark moves are bad since they r low dmg apart from beat up(requiring full party) or payback(shouldnt be out sped that often)

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
i dont see why u would have giga drain and drain punch, u cant use both at 1ce and punch will do so much more dmg

critape bypasses all def boosts on the other hand, im running out of other pokemon so i might just use both, breloom as a normal sweeper, primape as a tank breaker

Anti

return of the king
Years
Primeape isn't very good. It's a little too weak and a little too slow to be a powerhouse and it can't take hits very well. It's a pretty poor Fighting-type. Also, relying on critical hits is very risky. In general, relying on getting good luck is not a very good strategy.

Breloom is definitely a lot better. Even though it lacks Speed and has rather average bulk (if that), Spore, Substitute, Seed Bomb, Focus Punch, Facade, and Leech Seed all work very well together. How you mix and match them is really up to you. In my view, the Breloom with the best damage potential is the Spore Puncher, which uses Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, and Facade, though Stone Edge can be thrown in ahead of one of the latter two attacks. It takes some prediction to use which is good because as a new player, you can practice prediction which is an important skill to develop. If you predict right though, it's a terror...or at least it used to be. It's been a very long time since I've used one.

Also, if this is for Gen 5 as I assume it is, Technician Breloom will be released at some point which is good for Swords Dance + Mach Punch glory. You'd have to ask a Dream World player how good it is though.

Do you know of Pokemon Online? There, you can test teams in battle simulations, which is great so that you don't waste time making a WiFi team that might end up being kind of average.

Lastly, this belongs in the Simple Q&A sticky at the top of the forum, so I'll move it there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
thx, still trying to learn the forums, its kinda hard to determine were i should put some of my posts

how much is really worrying about chance though? with using an item that gives crit, a move that gives crit, then a move that often crits, wouldnt u be near 50% crit rate after that? and if u max speed then primape is up there near 100

and ya just downloaded pokemon online, ive got my primape, gardevoire, misdreveous, sandslash, and breloom all pluged in just trying to find that 6th atm, would have to find a replacement for primape too i guess

currently on HG but will be getting b/w soon, so cant catch any of them yet

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I would like a suggestion for a moveset for my Stunfisk. Yes, I'm using a Stunfisk. I like Stunfisk. He's actually doing pretty well for me. I bred him to know Earth Power, which I am DEFINITELY keeping. Here's what I was thinking:

Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm

Give me your advice, please.
Sludge Bomb doesn't give much coverage. Sandstorm is best left to Tyranitar or Hippowdon. Stunfisk is more of a defensive Pokemon, glancing from its stats:
-Discharge
-Earth Power
-Scald/Toxic
-Rest
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
how much is really worrying about chance though? with using an item that gives crit, a move that gives crit, then a move that often crits, wouldnt u be near 50% crit rate after that? and if u max speed then primape is up there near 100

It's still not very good to rely on critical hits. Why? Well, yes, the 50% sounds good (idk how much it really is - it might be smaller than 50% but I'm too lazy to check) but in retrospect it's the same as Zap Cannon and DynamicPunch's accuracy, and people don't use those moves because they don't want to rely on bad accuracy. It's still a fifty percent chance for you to ~not~ get that crit and it's also assuming that you're gonna get a KO with that crit, otherwise you're going to take tons of damage from their attack since Primeape is so frail. Plus that also requires you to use a turn for Focus Energy where you could take a huge hit, and it's also got middling speed so lots of Pokemon outspeed it still. I'd much rather use a more reliable stat-upper (like, say, Bulk Up Toxicroak or Swords Dance Lucario), since you know 100% for sure they'll be packing more damage the next turn, whereas relying on crits nets you the same result only half of the time. :(

Years
im so tired of getting bullied in wifi battles pokemon white version iv iv trained and ev trained why am i still getting squashed?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Are there any good movesets for each of the 5 Rotom formes?

The Rotom formes are rather poop with the exceptions of Rotom-W who benefited.

Rotom-W@Leftovers
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Standard tank set.

Rotom-W@Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch