• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shuckle vs The World [Battle Log]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
9ay0.png

Shuckle vs The World

Battle between shadowtriad and YOH started!

>>> Yesterday Yoshikkko (YOH) and I (shadowtriad) battled and we wanted to share this, 'cause Shuckle completely turned the match around - she was down to just one Pokemon and it destroyed everything I had left. We both made mistakes, but hey that's living & learning etc. :) Enjoy!

Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: No Timeout
Rule: Wifi Battle

shadowtriad's team
Ani319MS.png
Ani478MS.png
Ani472MS.png
Ani065MS.png
Ani392MS.png
Ani135MS.png

YOH's team
Ani248MS.png
Ani423EMS.png
Ani213MS.png
Ani472MS.png
Ani205MS.png
Ani376MS.png

YOH sent out Tyranitar!
shadowtriad sent out Sharpedo!
319.png
vs
248.png

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

shadowtriad's comments

Instead of going with the ape, which I usually begin with against her, I figured she'd work out my strategy by now and start with something else, so I went with Sharpedo to be safe. Thing is, I wasn't expecting her to send out Tyranitar so I had to think about her options. She could either switch or try attacking. Knowing her, I figured she'd probably switch, but just to be safe I decided on Protect, incase she switched into Gastrodon with Storm Drain so attacking w/ Waterfall wouldn't be useful.

YOH's comments

Hmmpff, this is probably a lost one for me since I'm quite tired. Anyway, I'll just see how far I can get with setting up spikes with Forry, and hope she won't switch to Infernape, which usually happens. In that case I always switch to Shuckle and she switches to Gliscor, and I should break free of that routine because it has cost me wins before >__>

Start of turn 1

YOH called Tyranitar back!
YOH sent out Forretress!
319.png
vs
205.png

Sharpedo used Protect!
But it failed!

The sandstorm rages!
Sharpedo is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Sharpedo's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!
Sharpedo restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Bulleta is watching the battle.

shadowtriad's comments

Yessss perfect switch for Sharpedo, going to play right into my hand really. :3

I decided to go with Taunt because Forretress is known for using SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes etc and doesn't really have that much of a purpose, so I'm just gunna say she's going with a hazard...

YOH's comments

I don't know much about this Sharpedo yet but I figured it has taunt and since she probably already knows I'm gonna spike, I'll just try and get as far as I can.

Start of turn 2
319.png
vs
205.png

Sharpedo used Taunt!
The foe's Forretress fell for the taunt!

The foe's Forretress can't use Toxic Spikes after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!
Sharpedo's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!

shadowtriad's comments

I am pleased :) Sharpedo served its purpose and now Forretress has no use anymore for her, so pretty sure she'll switch out, let's go with a safe option of Infernape, and if she sends out Gastrodon with Scald, then hey I always can bring Sharpedo back to be annoying because she'll probably switch in which case to Shuckle or something that would hate Taunt.

YOH's comments

Okay yeah, this was kind of expected. I'm guessing she's gonna switch to Infernape to kill me so I'll try to use Gyro Ball and see how much damage it does, I hope it's considerable.

Start of turn 3

shadowtriad called Sharpedo back!
shadowtriad sent out Infernape!
392.png
vs
205.png

The foe's Forretress used Gyro Ball!
It's not very effective...
Infernape lost 78 HP! (26% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Infernape is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Infernape restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Bulleta: TWO BIGNNERS FACE OFF

shadowtriad's comments

Let's see... I'm 99% sure she'll switch, so rather than trying to predict the switch I'm going to go with Flamethrower. STAB + spA evs = better chance of getting HP down than going with EQ or CC - especially if I want to keep Infernape in @ latter. Would rather not risk the defences so let's see what she goes with.

YOH's comments

I expected Gyro Ball to do more damage actually >__> Well anyway, I'm not planning on letting Forry get roasted by her Ape. I'm gonna try and see if I can get a Power Split off of it with Shuckle, but usually she switches to Gliscor or Froslass when I switch to Shuckle. We'll see.

Start of turn 4

YOH called Forretress back!
YOH sent out Shuckle!
392.png
vs
213.png

Infernape used Flamethrower!
The foe's Shuckle lost 18% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Shuckle restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

shadowtriad's comments

UGH NO Shuckle NO GO AWAY PLEASEEEE. Seriously it's going to be annoying. :x rather than Taunting let's see if I can fool it into using Rollout with Gliscor's help so in that time I can Toxic-i-fy it then maybe switch to Sharpedo for Taunt and boom, Protect and I should have it killed rather than it Resting like crazy @ me.

YOH's comments

Oh Shuckle bless your high sdef! She probably knows what I'm going to do now and switch to Gliscor, and I can't do anything against him so I'll have to think of something else, I don't want Shuckle to get killed so soon. Maybe I'll get enough att from her so I can use Gyro Ball, but usually not.

Start of turn 5

shadowtriad called Infernape back!
shadowtriad sent out Gliscor!
472.png
vs
213.png

The foe's Shuckle used Power Split!
The foe's Shuckle and Gliscor had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!
Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was poisoned!

shadowtriad's comments

Hay Gliscor time for you to shineee. Now for Toxic and we should be all good, assuming she doesn't switch into Forretress. :x

YOH's comments

Ugh that poison heal is frustrating. And Shuckle got so little attack that I'm not even gonna try keeping him in. I'll save him for later and hope that she doesn't predict my Gastrodon so I can Ice Beam it. DIE GLISCOR.

Start of turn 6

YOH called Shuckle back!
YOH sent out Gastrodon-Ea! (Gastrodon-East)
472.png
vs
423-e.png

Gliscor used Toxic!
The foe's Gastrodon-Ea was poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!
Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
The foe's Gastrodon-Ea is hurt by poison!

shadowtriad's comments

Hahaha a switch to Gastrodon? :( Better than Forretress at least :x Now for Protectshuns to annoy dat Gastrodon. After this imma probably just switch out because I don't want to put Gliscor in the firing line when it's really no use to me.

YOH's comments
Okay that sucks, I didn't see Toxic coming. I really don't want to have to deal with Protect which she's probably going to use, but it's not like I have anything else up my sleeve right now so I'll stick with this. I'm guessing that she knows that Gastrodon has Ice Beam though and that she could also be switching to Froslass so I think I'll use Scald instead.

Start of turn 7
472.png
vs
423-e.png

Gliscor used Protect!
Gliscor protected itself!

The foe's Gastrodon-Ea used Scald!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Gastrodon-Ea restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

shadowtriad's comments

Time for the switch, assuming it'll attack with Scald again and for her not to switch :x

YOH's's comments
Ok so it turned out to be protect anyway. Too bad cause I think I could have taken on Froslass. Well she's defo gonna switch now so I'll just hope for a burn hax :(.

Start of turn 8

shadowtriad called Gliscor back!
319.png
vs
423-e.png

The foe's Gastrodon-Ea used Scald!
Sharpedo lost 82 HP! (29% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Perfect, just as I wanted. Now for some protection!

YOH's comments

Just my luck no hax. I don't know anything about this Sharpedo. I know it has taunt but she won't use that since it won't work on Gastrodon anyway and she knows. See if Ice Beam can bring me anywhere and otherwise I'll have to think of something else.

Start of turn 9
319.png
vs
423-e.png

Sharpedo used Protect!
Sharpedo protected itself!

The foe's Gastrodon-Ea used Ice Beam!
Sharpedo protected itself!

The sandstorm rages!
Sharpedo's Speed Boost increases its Speed!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!

shadowtriad's comments

And hopefully Night Slash should be able to get a crit which'll kill it all the faster since Toxic is already doing what I want.

YOH's comments

Okay so, apparently her Sharpedo had protect as well o.o I know he has Night Slash too but usually it doesn't really do that much. If she's even going to use that, it could be anything at this point, and I'm poisoned anyway so this will probably be it for Gastrodon my bb.

Start of turn 10
319.png
vs
423-e.png

Sharpedo used Night Slash!
The foe's Gastrodon-Ea lost 43% of its health!

The foe's Gastrodon-Ea used Ice Beam!
Sharpedo lost 70 HP! (24% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!
The foe's Gastrodon-Ea fainted!
YOH sent out Forretress!

shadowtriad's comments

Lovely! No crit but doesn't matter since Poison won out in the end. Let's see what she does with Forretress, hopefully what I think she will do, aka hazards, so going to use Taunt just incase - and even so Sharpedo should be able to survive Gyro Ball.

YOH's comments

I expected Night Slash to do less damage but on the other hand, Gastrodon has more sdef than def so it kind of makes sense. Let's bring back Forretress and use spikes; and if she's gonna use Taunt I can always try Gyro Ball. Does that Speed Boost actually count? That would be nice haha for Gyro Ball lol.

Start of turn 11
319.png
vs
205.png

Sharpedo used Taunt!
The foe's Forretress fell for the taunt!

The foe's Forretress can't use Spikes after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!
Sharpedo's Speed rose!

shadowtriad's comments

Yes yes, exactly what I wanted. Now that's out of the way, time to kill it w/ Infernape which I sorta doubt will happen since switching is most logical for her once I send it out, aka Gyro Ball no use.

YOH's comments

Sigh this again, okay she's going to switch to Infernape now and I know Gyro Ball probably isn't going to hurt it as much.

Start of turn 12

shadowtriad called Sharpedo back!
392.png
vs
205.png

The foe's Forretress used Gyro Ball!
Infernape lost 81 HP! (27% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Yeaaah Gyro Ball, totally what I wanted. :3

YOH's comments

As I expected, but it's not very little damage, it's alright. Obviously going to switch Forry now, but I'm not able to use Gastrodon to Scald her now so let's try something that she least expects to try and turn things around. I'll use Tyranitar, and I know her Infernape has CC. She probably uses Flamethrower to try and take down Forretress and that doesn't really damage Tyranitar. I'm not gonna let him take CC though and I know that she'll use that next and then I'll switch to Gliscor - which I don't really have expierence with - and I know for sure that he's going to survive that. That might be my only chance.

Start of turn 13
392.png
vs
248.png

YOH sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar lost 14% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

o_O Tyranitar? Against an Infernape with CC? Well okaaay...

YOH's comments

Yeaaahhh you just wait and see, you're probably thinking I'm silly for switching to Tyranitar but I knew you weren't gonna use CC because you didn't expect me to switch to him! And now I'll proceed with my master plan and switch to Gliscor hehehehe.

Start of turn 14

YOH called Tyranitar back!
YOH sent out Gliscor!
392.png
vs
472.png

Infernape used Close Combat!
The foe's Gliscor lost 14% of its health!
Infernape's Defense fell!
Infernape's Sp. Def. fell!

The sandstorm rages!

Bulleta: Gyro Ball should've dealt more actually

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

Bulleta: GLSICOR
YOH: idk i'm just trying this guy out
YOH: i probably suck lol

shadowtriad's comments

Oh right, BAIT. Not that it'd make a difference though because I'm going to bring Froslass out since there's a chance it's an Ice Fang Gliscor, aka bad for my own Gliscor.

YOH's comments

Okay okay just as I expected, it does less then considerable damage. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW, I've never really used this guy but I couldn't be bothered to change my team since I was so tired. It's probably gonna die soon so I'm not going to rely on it too much.

Start of turn 15

shadowtriad sent out Froslass!
478.png
vs
472.png

The foe's Gliscor used Substitute!
The foe's Gliscor made a substitute!

The sandstorm rages!
Froslass is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Froslass restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

shadowtriad: Gliscor is amazing
Bulleta: he's easy to use and good

shadowtriad's comments

i c. Doesn't matter though since chances are she'll switch anyway or leave Gliscor in which is good for me either way. Ice Beam time!

YOH's comments

Okay I knew that and she's probably gonna Ice Beam me and I'd like to keep him in a little longer than 5 seconds lol, I tried substitute out to see where it can get me but I know it won't be very far.

Start of turn 16
478.png
vs
472.png

Froslass used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor's substitute faded!

The foe's Gliscor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

shadowtriad's comments

SD nooo--wait hang on, Froslass is faster, it'll easily kill it. UNLESS THE SWITCH. Better to be safe than sorry and going with Ice Beam incase she does switch.

YOH's comments

I know this isn't going to work because she's going to kill this Gliscor if I keep it in with Ice Beam, I'm kinda hoping that somehow I can be faster next turn and kill her lol, but I know that's not going to happen. It was worth the try I guess.

Start of turn 17
478.png
vs
472.png

Froslass used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 85% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: ok i'm dumb
shadowtriad: lol
YOH: i forgot lol

YOH sent out Metagross!

shadowtriad's comments

Kay did not expect her to keep it in, buut okay. Yeah not good for Froslass if it stays in, TIME FOR GLISCOR TO RETURN! well, not really, since none of my Pokemon have return, but if it were in-game, Gliscor would love me because I always battle with it lool.

YOH's comments

Yeah obviously it got killed. Now I have no idea what to do because nearly all my Pokémon are weak to ground and the only one that can actually kill Gliscor fainted already. I guess I'm going to have to rely on priority and use Bullet Punch. I know it's not gonna do much though and that she'll kill me short after >__>

Start of turn 18

shadowtriad called Froslass back!
472.png
vs
376.png

The foe's Metagross used Bullet Punch!
Gliscor lost 93 HP! (31% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: freaking aaghggh

shadowtriad's comments

Now for Gliscor to use protection (totally safe) aaanddd...

YOH's comments

Well I guess it's not that bad. Not enough to kill it though because it's probably going to heal by using Protect.

Start of turn 19
472.png
vs
376.png

Gliscor used Protect!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Kay, enough HP for it to survive another Bullet Punch so EQ time afterwards :x

YOH's comments

I hate that stalling with protect to get HP from Poison Heal LOL. Well I wasn't going to kill him with BP anyway so I guess it's alright. Cya later Metagross!

Start of turn 20
472.png
vs
376.png

Gliscor lost 93 HP! (31% of its health)

Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Metagross lost 78% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Time to restore more HP while I await the kill like a tiger...

YOH's comments

Wow I'm surprised that didn't kill him o.o He has beast defense on the other hand so I could have expected it. Maybe I can still do something and switch to Forry, though I know it's probably not going to work. The least I can do is spike a little.

Start of turn 21

YOH called Metagross back!
YOH sent out Forretress!
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Protect!
But it failed!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Ugh did not want. Going to be using hazards and I'd rather not bring Sharpedo back rn so going to have to put up with the hazards and see if Gliscor can kill it, 'cause if I don't switch out I have no issues mainly cause Tyranitar & Metagross are awaiting EQ :)

YOH's comments

Arrghhh protect so frustrating! I feel sorry for Forretress. He must be scared all alone inside his little shell, trying to help. I wonder why she's not switching to Infernape cause that would cause me some more trouble of having to switch and interrupt my spiking again.

Start of turn 22
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 23% of its health!

The foe's Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of shadowtriad's team!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

shadowtriad's comments

Nevermind this isn't strong enough, going to go with Infernape to save the day, maybe. lool.

YOH's comments

SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE.

Start of turn 23
392.png
vs
205.png

Infernape is hurt by spikes!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Flamethrower time, but she'll probably switch anyway :(

YOH's comments

Okay, I'm glad I was able to put up some layers there, and she's probably expecting a switch anyway. Shuckle's my only hope here really, since he takes both physical and special attacks.

Start of turn 24

YOH sent out Shuckle!
392.png
vs
213.png

The foe's Shuckle lost 18% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

OH SHUCKLE HOW... idc I'm going to kill you eventually Shuckle!

YOH's comments

POWER SPLIT PLZ DON'T SWITCH oh my god lol. Give me your att stats Infernape!

Start of turn 25

Sharpedo is hurt by spikes!
319.png
vs
213.png

The foe's Shuckle and Sharpedo had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Yeah need to Taunt, gogogo.

YOH's comments

OH my god this darn Sharpedo, I don't know how much attack it has, but seeing how Shuckle's is right now it's not bad actually, it's gonna kill Shuckle with taunt and waterfall though, but since I have decent attack right now I might as well try Gyro Ball. EAT!

Start of turn 26
319.png
vs
213.png

Sharpedo used Taunt!
The foe's Shuckle fell for the taunt!

The foe's Shuckle used Gyro Ball!
Sharpedo lost 83 HP! (29% of its health)
Sharpedo fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

rn I'm regretting not picking Waterfall, damnit I didn't want Sharpedo to die.

YOH's comments

Finally that Taunt is out of the way. I don't understand why she went with taunt though since I had already power splitted, and I had nothing to use rest for since I had barely taken damage :( On the other hand I don't think Waterfall would have killed me anyway. Sturdy Shuckle is sturdy.

Start of turn 27
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Ice Fang!
The attack of Gliscor missed!

Gliscor lost 83 HP! (28% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Oh a miss, how LOVELY. hax love me please and flinch or crit or freeze it, gogogo.

YOH's comments

I knew it wasn't going to do much, but it's not like I have anything else since Rollout is even worse on it, and I don't want to risk dying because of EQ cause I'm unable to use rest due to rollout.

Start of turn 28
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Ice Fang!
The foe's Shuckle lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Shuckle was frozen solid!

The foe's Shuckle is frozen solid!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Shuckle's taunt ended!

Bulleta stopped watching the battle.

shadowtriad's comments

Yessss frozen. Hopefully that'll bide me enough time to actually kill it.

YOH's comments

OKAY THAT SUCKS. Pllzzzz Shuckle use your HOT BERRY JUICES TO MELT THE ICE.

Start of turn 29
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Shuckle lost 26% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle is frozen solid!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH's comments

Oh my god still. Okay wait. I should do this in another way. I won't use GB anymore since that hardly damages it, and I don't want it to run out of PP since it can come in handy. I'll just use Rollout to by myself some time, I expect her to protect so I can use rest to ensure Shuckle won't die.

Start of turn 30
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Shuckle lost 24% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle thawed out!
The foe's Shuckle used Rollout!
Gliscor lost 25 HP! (8% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Ugh no, unfrozen already. Guess I've got to use the strategy of "keep using rollout while I kill you".

YOH's comments

blanc mind. i hate gliscor. gonna lose anyway.

Start of turn 31
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!

The attack of the foe's Shuckle missed!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH's comments

EQ? Probably she knows that I wanted her to use protect so I could use rest and she wanted to kill me by not interrupting my Rollout! THIS IS THE ONLY TIME WHERE I'M HAPPY WITH ROCK LOW ACCURACY ATTS. This obviously doesn't work, I'll switch to Forretress again. Gradually I'll have a lot of layers up and that might help me later, even though I already kind of seem done for.

Start of turn 32

YOH called Shuckle back!
YOH sent out Forretress!
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 25% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Bulleta is watching the battle.

shadowtriad's comments

Well now, that was unexpected--yeah definitely taking the hazards this time. gl Gliscor.

YOH's comments

Hope she isn't going to switch again, I know Forry can take EQ well so.

Start of turn 33
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 23% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 34
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!

The foe's Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of shadowtriad's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 35
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!

The foe's Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of shadowtriad's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 36
472.png
vs
205.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Forretress lost 12% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Bulleta: gogogogogogogo
YOH sent out Tyranitar!

YOH: >__>
YOH: gg
YOH: LOL

shadowtriad's comments

Finally killed it, yay :3 And now a Tyranitar w/o air balloon means I can EQ as much as I waaaaaaant.

YOH's comments

Okay I don't care Forry got killed, that's what I was going for. It spiked enough and served its purpose. ILU FORRETRESS. Tyranitar I guess, even though I know it's going to get killed.

Start of turn 37
472.png
vs
248.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 73% of its health!

The foe's Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Tyranitar missed!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: are you
YOH: srs
YOH: nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

shadowtriad's comments

That miss was so useful--not that it would've beaten Gliscor, buuut still. That'd just leave me open for Shuckle or Metagross aka not enough time to Protect heal etc.

YOH's comments

FFFF why does it miss SO MUCH. -frustrated-. Bye my beloved Tyranitar. And bye Metagross too, I got nothing else really to switch to and he's low on health as well.

Start of turn 38
472.png
vs
248.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
YOH sent out Metagross!

shadowtriad: lol wouldn't have killed ita nyway
shadowtriad: :(

shadowtriad's comments

One down, two to go. Actually three but it can be less than three, just 'cause.

YOH's comments

Well okay, gonna go for BP then I guess. Meh I already thought I'd lose this, it's ok.

Start of turn 39
472.png
vs
376.png

Gliscor lost 106 HP! (36% of its health)

Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Metagross lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Metagross fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: still though

YOH sent out Shuckle!

YOH: what happened to the musicc
YOH: ah

shadowtriad's comments

Hate that bullet punch really. Gliscor's good though in the sense that it doesn't really damage it that much lool.

YOH's comments

Comes down to you now Shuckle! :( Gyro Ball and Rollout don't do anything to Gliscor while EQ does pretty much damage to Shuckle, considering how much defenses he got. I don't want my Shuckle to die just yet though so I guess I'll use rest right now.

Start of turn 40
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!

The foe's Shuckle used Rest!
The foe's Shuckle went to sleep and became healthy!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

I hate this Shuckle really. :x See this is why playground fails guys!! aka emotions bad. very bad.

YOH's comments

ZZZZ

Start of turn 41
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!
The foe's Shuckle lost 22% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle is fast asleep!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 42
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Earthquake!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 43
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Ice Fang!
The foe's Shuckle lost 11% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle woke up!
Gliscor lost 25 HP! (8% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 44
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Toxic!
The foe's Shuckle was poisoned!

Gliscor lost 23 HP! (7% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Shuckle is hurt by poison!

shadowtriad's comments

Toxic ensures that it'll fall asleep again, which is when I can switch to Alakazam for CM and attaaack.

YOH's comments

Just gonna try and see how much attack I can get from it now. I don't even really know where I'm going to go with this.

Start of turn 45
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Ice Fang!
The foe's Shuckle lost 9% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle and Gliscor had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Shuckle is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 46
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Ice Fang!
The foe's Shuckle lost 6% of its health!

The foe's Shuckle used Rest!
The foe's Shuckle went to sleep and became healthy!

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

Yup, just as I expected :3 Time for Alakazammmmm.

YOH's comments

Hmpff gotta use rest again. And AS IF I'M GOING TO LET THIS ALAKAZAM SET UP CM LOL, Power Split on the way to put a stop on those sp.att stats!

Start of turn 47

shadowtriad sent out Alakazam!
65.png
vs
213.png

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 48
65.png
vs
213.png

Alakazam used Calm Mind!
Alakazam's Sp. Att. rose!
Alakazam's Sp. Def. rose!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 49
65.png
vs
213.png

Alakazam used Calm Mind!

The foe's Shuckle woke up!
The foe's Shuckle and Alakazam had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Bulleta: Shuckle vs the world

Start of turn 50
65.png
vs
213.png

Alakazam used Calm Mind!

Alakazam lost 129 HP! (51% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

shadowtriad's comments

And this is where I start to think I have no chance because really, all I can do is Recover—hmmm, let's try and hope it goes for rollout or something.

YOH's comments

That was actually not that bad! Alakazam must have terrible defense lol cause I can't imagine that I got attack from him.

Start of turn 51
65.png
vs
213.png

Alakazam used Recover!
Alakazam regained health!

Alakazam lost 147 HP! (58% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 52
65.png
vs
213.png

Alakazam used Psychic!
The foe's Shuckle lost 40% of its health!

Alakazam lost 102 HP! (40% of its health)
Alakazam fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: you gotta
YOH: give this guy credit
Bulleta: whoa omg

shadowtriad sent out Jolteon!
Jolteon is hurt by spikes!
Jolteon was poisoned!

shadowtriad's comments

Nope, nevermind! Jolteon needs to heal itself now so it can laaast.

YOH's comments

Things are taking a turn here actually, I killed Alakazam and I still have enough Rest and Rollout left! I'll just use Gyro Ball for now since it usually works better in general than Rollout.

Start of turn 53
135.png
vs
213.png

Jolteon used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

Jolteon lost 59 HP! (21% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Jolteon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Jolteon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 54
135.png
vs
213.png

Jolteon used Wish!

Jolteon lost 36 HP! (13% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 55
135.png
vs
213.png

Jolteon used Hidden Power!

Jolteon lost 69 HP! (25% of its health)

Jolteon's Wish came true!
The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 56
135.png
vs
213.png

Jolteon lost 133 HP! (49% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 57
135.png
vs
213.png

Jolteon lost 42 HP! (15% of its health)
Jolteon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Bulleta: Heal Bell
Bulleta: with Gliscor?
Bulleta: o_o

shadowtriad's comments

Such a fool I am indeed in regards to Heal Bell :x

YOH's comments

Okay I killed Jolteon. I know who she's going to switch to :( BETTER BE PREPARED THOUGH CAUSE THIS IS LIKE THE THIRD/FOURTH ROLLOUT.

Start of turn 58
472.png
vs
213.png

Gliscor used Toxic!
The attack of Gliscor missed!

Gliscor lost 291 HP! (100% of its health)
Gliscor fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: YES
YOH: **** YEAH
YOH: Shuckle
shadowtriad: ..I wanted to save joltonnn
shadowtriad: :(

shadowtriad sent out Froslass!
Froslass is hurt by spikes!
Froslass was poisoned!

Bulleta: This guy
Bulleta: omg

shadowtriad's comments

No protection leaves me with an unwanted Gliscor OHKO :(!! /such a fool

idk really why I didn't go for Protect, mind just slipped XD;

YOH's comments

Oh my god thank the gods that she didn't use protect! That's not very like her though, I wonder what made her use something else. Oh well, now that he's out of the way I might actually have a chance still. HNNNGGG I'M SO STOKED.

Start of turn 59
478.png
vs
213.png

Froslass used Ice Beam!
The foe's Shuckle lost 15% of its health!

It's super effective!
Froslass lost 60 HP! (21% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

YOH: I TOLD YOU SO

Bulleta: *saves log*

Froslass is hurt by poison!

shadowtriad's comments

My God do I regret losing Gliscor, noo. Going to die now definitely. :(

YOH's comments

Luck's on my side here cause THANKFULLY Rollout is super effective on Froslass, so I don't think it'll take too much. This is some change of events man.

Start of turn 60
478.png
vs
213.png

Froslass used Ice Beam!
The foe's Shuckle lost 15% of its health!

It's super effective!
Froslass lost 110 HP! (39% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Froslass is hurt by poison!
Froslass fainted!
Infernape is hurt by spikes!
Infernape was poisoned!

YOH: this is happening
Bulleta: OMG

shadowtriad's comments

lalala I have no chance :)

YOH's comments

Hmpf I forgot about Infernape. I hope he doesn't kill me with CC.

Start of turn 61

392.png
vs
213.png

Infernape used Close Combat!
Infernape's Defense fell!
Infernape's Sp. Def. fell!

Infernape lost 25 HP! (8% of its health)
Infernape fainted!

shadowtriad's comments

CC representing a close battle even though I had no chance anyway at the end ;;

YOH's comments

i can't berieve it.

YOH won the battle!

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Nica if I wouldn't have had him then you would have slaughtered me lol XD Looks absolutely wonderful, thanks for posting and going through all the trouble of making this, I wouldn't be able to do it!

That fight was a lot of fun and very heated lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I never thought reading this would actually be interesting. Very nice battle.

Years
This was an adorable log, it's so nice to see you guys gradually grow and enjoy competitive Pokemon. Aside from that, the layout was the best I've seen and the commentary was enjoyable. Great job, both of you.

While a Shuckle sweep is quite fun to see, the battle was quite poor, and lacked much prediction.

Kudos on the format though.

We all start somewhere. I doubt you were instantly a battling pro. ;(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
While a Shuckle sweep is quite fun to see, the battle was quite poor, and lacked much prediction.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Since you seem to be implying that you have the skill required to judge the battling skills of others, you should know by the comments that both of them are beginners at battling, and being rude like that doesn't help anyone. It just makes you look bad. Try to show a bit more consideration next time? :3

Anyway, I don't even battle and I thought this was entertaining, lol. My favorite part was when all Yoshi was thinking was "SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE"xDD

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012

Since you seem to be implying that you have the skill required to judge the battling skills of others, you should know by the comments that both of them are beginners at battling, and being rude like that doesn't help anyone. It just makes you look bad. Try to show a bit more consideration next time? :3

Anyway, I don't even battle and I thought this was entertaining, lol. My favorite part was when all Yoshi was thinking was "SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE"xDD

Oh, sorry about that. ]: It certainly was a fun log to read though( better than some that I've seen anyways.) The format was also phenomenal and the effort put in was nice too.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Forever said:
...'cause Shuckle completely turned the match around - she was down to just one Pokemon and it destroyed everything I had left.
...why spoil ending :<

Anyway that was certainly... interesting, I'll give you guys props for that. :) It's nice to see y'all learning everything and what makes your wheels spin back there and stuff, too. Wonderful formatting and definitely a unique battle, that's for sure. :3

Years
Not a bad read - I skimmed through most of it but got the gist of it nevertheless. I'll have to pop on PO someday and give you a match Forever.

Back