• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Quoted from the [Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?] thread.
Oh ok, I gotcha, and you're asking whether to take out one parents or both?

I'd say take out both, because it only determines "foreign" status in comparison to the other 'mon and not your game, and perhaps will only recognize the nationality upon putting it in the DayCare.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oh ok, I gotcha, and you're asking whether to take out one parents or both?

I'd say take out both, because it only determines "foreign" status in comparison to the other 'mon and not your game, and perhaps will only recognize the nationality upon putting it in the DayCare.

What a waste of heart scales. =/
Aw well~
/grabs more heart scales from pokemon-gl~

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
What a waste of heart scales. =/
Aw well~
/grabs more heart scales from pokemon-gl~
If you're using the Lumiose method, soft-resetting should save you from spending scales. If you're using KeySav/any other method, I guess that does mean quite a few Heart Scales.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Question: if we delete a friend from our friend list, will they then appear on our acquaintance list?

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Question related to Masuda Method shiny breeding.
We now all know that there is a probable bug in the game that forgets the parents are MM-able after we shut the game off and turn it back on
At least, I think everyone knows about this 'bug' now...
, therefore, we need to get the parents back and put them back in so the game can tell that parents are MM-able.

So my question is, would it be enough to just withdraw the foreign parent and put it back in to enable the Masuda Method again?

It won't affect me if i just close my DS to sleep mode right? Just when i close the game?

Shhmew

Years
Just to clarify, the MM thing is only a theory, just like tipping. It's definitely not confirmed or anything. (though I must say it has shown some promising results in my experience...)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
Legit Mew - Pokémon Ranch > X Y

Hey everybody,

I created this account to ask you guys the following question:

I used to be a very big Pokémon fan (Pokémon Red was my first video game back in the 90's). I've captured A LOT of Pokémon. I transported my loved Pokémon from the gamecube > Pokémon Sapphire > Pokémon Leaf Green > Pokémon Diamond > SoulSilver > Pokémon Ranch Wii. When you store 1000 Pokémon on the wii app, a character named Hayley will give you a 100% legit Mew that you can transfer back to Diamond.

To me, it felt like I finally completed Pokémon. Unfortunately I didn't had the time to play gen 5 and 6... But my 11 year younger brother has! So, I decided to give him ALL my pokémon including mew!

The question: will the Pokébank recognize this version of Mew as legit (because this isn't an event Pokémon, he comes from a not so famous wii app)? Or will the AI think "OT Hayley Pokemon Ranch??? WTF? This must be an hack!" We haven't bought x and y yet...

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Hey everybody,

I created this account to ask you guys the following question:

I used to be a very big Pokémon fan (Pokémon Red was my first video game back in the 90's). I've captured A LOT of Pokémon. I transported my loved Pokémon from the gamecube > Pokémon Sapphire > Pokémon Leaf Green > Pokémon Diamond > SoulSilver > Pokémon Ranch Wii. When you store 1000 Pokémon on the wii app, a character named Hayley will give you a 100% legit Mew that you can transfer back to Diamond.

To me, it felt like I finally completed Pokémon. Unfortunately I didn't had the time to play gen 5 and 6... But my 11 year younger brother has! So, I decided to give him ALL my pokémon including mew!

The question: will the Pokébank recognize this version of Mew as legit (because this isn't an event Pokémon, he comes from a not so famous wii app)? Or will the AI think "OT Hayley Pokemon Ranch??? WTF? This must be an hack!" We haven't bought x and y yet...

Well first off, don't let other people's hysteria over hacked pokemon worry you! :D second of all, only very few pokemon were ever SOLELY given as Event Pokemon (I think only Jirachi, Celebi, Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta I believe. While true, other pokemon required an event to obtain them, they were also obtainable in game because of that event, meaning that if they were obtained in that game, they were still legitimate, such as Victini in Liberty Garden, Shaymin in Flower Paradise, etc, etc) Mew should be perfectly fine because I got one that lists it's location from Hoenn, meaning that it came from Pokemon Emerald, so the Mew that came from Pokemon Ranch should also make it through perfectly fine

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
@mangamusicfan @Howmander
Thanks for your replies! I will transfer the pokémons to black > X. It's really cool to transfer the pokémon to new generations.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
About the Masuda Method...

I'm trying to get a shiny Typhlosion. I got a Japanese Typhlosion(Says JPN on top) from the GTS, and a Ditto I caught, in Pokemon X. I also got a Fletchinder (it has flame body). Now my question: When I have five eggs on my team (I saved), and all of them hatch into non-shinies can I just turn off then turn on my 3DS so I'll have those eggs again instead of going back to the daycare to get more eggs? Or do I have to keep hatching different eggs for it to work?

Shhmew

Years

Its not a confirmed thing?? I really thought it was, weird. I did have some pretty good results with it myself so
Just to clarify (again), I meant the theory of your game "forgetting" and having to take your parents out and putting them back in when you restart your game. Masuda Method itself IS a confirmed thing.

I'm trying to get a shiny Typhlosion. I got a Japanese Typhlosion(Says JPN on top) from the GTS, and a Ditto I caught, in Pokemon X. I also got a Fletchinder (it has flame body). Now my question: When I have five eggs on my team (I saved), and all of them hatch into non-shinies can I just turn off then turn on my 3DS so I'll have those eggs again instead of going back to the daycare to get more eggs? Or do I have to keep hatching different eggs for it to work?

What is inside the egg is determined when you obtain it, not when you hatch it. So once you get the eggs you can't just keep soft resetting; it'll be the same each time.

I'd suggest the Quick Q&A thread in the X & Y forum for questions like this in the future though [:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I know that Gamesync goes down 150% of the time anyone tries to use it (Obvious exageration, lol!) but the last 7 or 8 times I've noticed that I can always gamesync the first time I try (as I have it turned off automatic updates because I hate waiting for the game to finish saving and taking the next million years just to tell me GameSync is down before I can do anything else) as I'm sending my Pokemiles to the server, but as soon as I cash those pokemiles in and try to GET my items sent back to my game, that's when the Gamesync server disconnects because it's too busy, and it continues to be too busy for HOURS on end before I can finally connect and get my stuff. So I was curious, has anyone else been having similar problem? it seems whenever I connect just to upload poke miles, I can always connect immediately with no issue, but as soon as I try to get something from the server, I am always delayed by hours before I can actually get my items. Is there some sort of delay to verify items? Is there an issue between when something is sent from the PGL to your game the same way when you deposit a cheque into a bank machine and there is a time limit before you actually get the money(items) deposited into your account(game)? Anything like that?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Does Compound Eyes actually help find Lucky Eggs for Chansey in the Friend Safari? According to Bulbapedia, Compound Eyes changes item probability from 50%/5%/1% into 60%/20%/5%. From my experience, Chansey always has Lucky Punch, and so if there's a 5% it has Lucky Egg, then that means it's 95%/5%. So will Compound Eyes change this into 90/10% or 80/20% ? I'm skeptical of this, because that would mean that Compound Eyes is technically reducing the chance of an item, which is not something I'd expect it to do.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Does Compound Eyes actually help find Lucky Eggs for Chansey in the Friend Safari? According to Bulbapedia, Compound Eyes changes item probability from 50%/5%/1% into 60%/20%/5%. From my experience, Chansey always has Lucky Punch, and so if there's a 5% it has Lucky Egg, then that means it's 95%/5%. So will Compound Eyes change this into 90/10% or 80/20% ? I'm skeptical of this, because that would mean that Compound Eyes is technically reducing the chance of an item, which is not something I'd expect it to do.

Well you understand just because YOU always find a chansey with Lucky punch that that is simply anecdotal evidence, even if you don't want to beleive it, Chansey only has a 50% chance of holding Lucky Egg: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/113.shtml Regardless of what you run into, those numbers are coded into the game. If a pokemon has 100% of holding an item, by definition it can't be holding any other item. Ever. Or else it wouldn't be 100%. So to answer your question, yes, Compound Eyes does increase the chance of finding the items by the posted amounts.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So I've got a Baton Passing Smeargle, and I am a firm believer in never having any pokemon without at least 1 attacking move, (because I have been caught twice against an opponent with their last Pokemon in the red with my last pokemon with full health but no way to inflict damage) so said Smeargle has Coil, Quiver Dance, Baton Pass and I was either going to give it Spiky Shield (so it inflicts damage if anything attacks it) and holding leftovers OR give it Recover and holding Rocky Helmet. Which of these two options would be best in this specific situation?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So I've got a Baton Passing Smeargle, and I am a firm believer in never having any pokemon without at least 1 attacking move, (because I have been caught twice against an opponent with their last Pokemon in the red with my last pokemon with full health but no way to inflict damage) so said Smeargle has Coil, Quiver Dance, Baton Pass and I was either going to give it Spiky Shield (so it inflicts damage if anything attacks it) and holding leftovers OR give it Recover and holding Rocky Helmet. Which of these two options would be best in this specific situation?

I think...you need one more attacking move. =/
In a "what if" scenario, what if your foe only has moves not making contact with your Smeargle? Like an Aura Sphere?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I think...you need one more attacking move. =/
In a "what if" scenario, what if your foe only has moves not making contact with your Smeargle? Like an Aura Sphere?

That's true, not sure what I should give up though. Perhaps a draining move (so instead of Recover, I get a move that simultaneously attacks and restores HP) But also, which would be better, the Coil/Quiver Dance duo I have, or a Shell Smash/Cosmic Power duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back