• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fists of Iron~ The Fighting Type Fan Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Fists of Iron!
The Fighting Type Fan Club!

fighting_type_wallpaper_by_reshiramaster-d5xgqdd.jpg

*Credits to Reshiramaster from Deviantart.com for the Image*

Welcome to the Fighting Type Fan Club, Where We Believe Fighting Type Pokemon Are the Best! Here You Will Find People Who Love Fighting Type Pokemon, and Enjoy Talking About Them With Each Other. Be Sure to Follow the Rules, and Always Ask Questions When You're Not Sure About Something!:)

Rules:
1. All PC Rules and Pokemon Club Rules Apply
2. No Trolling, Harassing, or Spamming
3. Try to keep active!
4. Be Nice and Respectful of Other Members!
5. Enjoy Yourself, and Have Fun!:)

Sign-Up Form:
Username:
Partner Pokemon: (Must be in the List of Fighting Type Pokemon)
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic(s):

List Of Fighting Type Pokemon:
56.png
57.png

62.png
66.png
67.png
68.png
106.png
107.png

214.png
236.png

237.png
256.png
257.png
286.png

296.png
297.png
307.png
308.png

391.png
392.png

447.png
448.png
453.png
454.png

475.png
499.png
500.png

532.png
533.png
534.png
538.png
539.png
559.png

560.png
619.png
620.png
638.png
639.png
640.png

647.png
pancham_sprite_by_emmaroak-d6qwqfg.png
pangoro_sprite_by_emmaroak-d6qwu5j.png
hawlucha_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6t5xpt.png
chesnaught_sprite_by_kyle_dove-d71f9jz.png
Spr_5b_648P.png

Members List
Every club needs a list of members!
Magic Guard
308MS.png

Wicked3DS
214MS.png
(1 Point)
Aslan
296MS.png

Sheep
620MS.png
(2 Points)
PumpJack
068MS.png
(1 Point)
Hikamaru
674MS.png
(1 Point)
Lilith
652MS.png
(2 Points)
Treetwig
475MS.png

Sawk33
647MS.png

Peitharchia
068MS.png
(2 Points)
CloysterOyster
107MS.png

Trainers That Specialize In Fighting Type Pokemon:
Spr_HGSS_Bruno.png
Spr_B2W2_Chuck.png

Spr_B2W2_Maylene.png
Spr_B2W2_Marshal.png
Spr_B2W2_Brawly.png
150px-VSKorrina.png

User Bars
Coming Soon!

Rank Information:
This club uses a points system that will give you certain abilities on the thread, you are awarded points from the Owner of the thread when deemed necessary. Some ways to earn points are by staying active for a certain period of time, being helpful, kind, and respectful to other members, or even making suggestions to improve the thread (that turn out to be successful). However, you may lose points if you break any rules. More points information is found below.
Spoiler:

Note: If you are given points and prove that you cannot use the benefits wisely, you will lose them and most likely never get them back. Members can only receive 2 points at maximum within a one week period, and they must be given one at a time.

Current Topics:
What Fighting-type would you choose in a ring match?

Past Topics:
-What Is Your Favorite Fighting Type Pokemon & Why?
-What Is Your Favorite Fighting Type Move & Why?

If you could change one thing about any fighting type Pokemon, what would it be?
What fighting type Pokemon do you think should get a mega-evolution (that doesn't already have one)?
What Dual-Type Combos Would You Like to See With Future Fighting Types?

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username:Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon:
heracross.gif

Reason for joining: I definitely have more of an appreciation for Fighting-types lately, so why not?
Answer the current topic(s):My favorite Fighting-types are Heracross and Blaziken. They are awesome and can do a lot of damage and learn some great moves. I like Cross Chop quite a bit along with Close Combat.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan

Partner Pokemon: Makuhita

Reason for joining: Admittedly, it's a little bit to do with Kung Fu Panda. All I can think of when I look at fighting types is fat pandas flipping around and kicking people in the face. It's not as bad as it sounds, it's a pretty awesome sight in my head. Plus fighting types are pretty fun to use, they have loads of good moves. Most of them have various punches, kicks and apparently can earthquake? 50kg creatures can cause earthquakes now apparently.

They're strong in general, are pretty hard to beat and have some cool designs. They can pretty much demolish most types with their versatility in movesets. And you gotta admit Hitmonlee reminds you of Bruce Lee. Am I right? :p

What is your favourite fighting type pokemon and why?

Makuhita cause it's the most adorable thing since Omnom from Cut the Rope. It's like a chubby, happy baby. It's really cute in my opinion. I also like Heracross for its design and amazing potential to murder a whole team. Then there's Infernape who was my first starter, so ya memories. :>

What is your favourite fighting type move and why?

Honestly, it's my least favourite in the world as well. High Jump Kick. If it hits someone in the face, they're dead for sure. If you miss it, well say goodbye to your Pokemon. It's such a high risk, high reward move. The 5% chance of missing makes me nervous but without it, High Jump Kick would be beyond OP as hell.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Okay, I added you guys to the member list! ^_^
Here are my answers to the current topics:
What is your favorite fighting type pokemon and why?
Probably Poliwrath or Lucario, because they are both solid-reliable pokemon with great movepools, stats, and design.

What is your favorite fighting type move and why?
Brick Break because it's reliable, does decent damage, and breaks screens:)

Glad to have some new members! Hope you guys enjoy the club!

Years
Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon:
620.png

Reason for joining: Fighting types weren't my favorites at first but with the introduction of Hitmontop and Mienshao I really started loving them. These two are among some of my favorite 'mons altogether.

What Is Your Favorite Fighting Type Pokemon & Why?
Mienshao! It's so sleek and adorable, plus mine packs a punch with Swords Dance + Hi-Jump Kick and U-Turn. It has served me so very well in both White and Black 2.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Name: PumpJack
Partner 'Mon:
68.png

Machamp. I consider him the definitive Fighting type- when I think Fighting, I think Machamp. And he has been one of my favourite 'mons since the series existed.

Fighting types have always been amongst my favourites. Machamp, the Hitmons, all the FireFighters (I'm one of the few that didn't mind the trend), Poliwrath, Conkeldurr, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Chesnaught (despite being an absolutely horrid Defensive typing). I like 'em all.

Fighting just seems to be one of those typically male things that young boys were brought up on. Schoolyard scraps, kung-fu movies, fighting games, bar room brawls, action films/series- Nature and Nurtured that way.

And you gotta admit Hitmonlee reminds you of Bruce Lee. Am I right? :p

Well, yeah- that's where the Hitmons names came from.

Hitmonlee - Bruce Lee
Hitmonchan - Jackie Chan

Hitmontop is the outlier.

Years
Username: Hikamaru

Partner Pokemon: Pancham
pancham.gif

Reason for joining: Fighting-types are strong, and they have great attacking prowess along with hitting 5 types super-effectively, meaning they can provide good coverage as well. They can be a great offensive asset to any team.

What is your favourite fighting type pokemon and why? My fave as an individual would have to be my aforementioned partner, Pancham. I adore pandas in general and unlike Spinda, it looks way closer to real pandas appearance-wise. Plus Pangoro surely is a hard-hitter. As for evolution lines, that would be Lucario's line. I love how versatile our fave aura guardian is, plus his Mega makes him a powerful offensive threat.

What is your favourite fighting type move and why? I always loved some of the popular ones like Close Combat, High Jump Kick and Aura Sphere due to their sheer power and awesome animations. Power-Up Punch is also a handy one, it can actually do some pretty good damage coming from an Iron Fist user since it gets that ability's boost.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Lilith
Partner Pokemon:
652.png
Chesnaught

Reason for joining: They're highly dependable Pokemon. Many Fighting-type Pokemon have pulled their own weight for me in my in-game challenges, such as Heracross, Blaziken, Infernape, Lucario, Scrafty, Virizion, and Chesnaught. One of my favorites would be a shiny Pancham that Keiran gave me. I refuse to evolve her, and she kicks butt just fine.

What is your favorite Fighting Type move & why?
Seismic Toss for its animation in RBY.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Username:Treetwig
Partner Pokemon:Gallade
475.png

Reason for joining:I'm a big fan of fighting of types!

My favorite fighting type pokemon is Gallade because of he's unique moveset and high attack stat.Plus he is a cool-looking pokemon.

Dynamic punch!
100 Base attack stat?check
100% confusion?check
50% accuaracy?che-Who cares!!?

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon:
620.png

Reason for joining: Fighting types weren't my favorites at first but with the introduction of Hitmontop and Mienshao I really started loving them. These two are among some of my favorite 'mons altogether.

What Is Your Favorite Fighting Type Pokemon & Why?
Mienshao! It's so sleek and adorable, plus mine packs a punch with Swords Dance + Hi-Jump Kick and U-Turn. It has served me so very well in both White and Black 2.
Added you to the list of members!:)
I've never personally used Meinshao but I've always wanted to, maybe I'll get around to it eventually in one of my challenges. Glad to have you as a member!

Name: PumpJack
Partner 'Mon:

Machamp. I consider him the definitive Fighting type- when I think Fighting, I think Machamp. And he has been one of my favourite 'mons since the series existed.

Fighting types have always been amongst my favourites. Machamp, the Hitmons, all the FireFighters (I'm one of the few that didn't mind the trend), Poliwrath, Conkeldurr, Pangoro, Hawlucha, Chesnaught (despite being an absolutely horrid Defensive typing). I like 'em all.

Fighting just seems to be one of those typically male things that young boys were brought up on. Schoolyard scraps, kung-fu movies, fighting games, bar room brawls, action films/series- Nature and Nurtured that way

Hitmonlee - Bruce Lee
Hitmonchan - Jackie Chan

Hitmontop is the outlier.

Yeah, Idk what happened with Hitmontop's name lol guess they ran out of people to use. Added you to the members list though! Glad to have you aboard! ^_^

Username: Hikamaru

Partner Pokemon: Pancham

Reason for joining: Fighting-types are strong, and they have great attacking prowess along with hitting 5 types super-effectively, meaning they can provide good coverage as well. They can be a great offensive asset to any team.

What is your favourite fighting type pokemon and why? My fave as an individual would have to be my aforementioned partner, Pancham. I adore pandas in general and unlike Spinda, it looks way closer to real pandas appearance-wise. Plus Pangoro surely is a hard-hitter. As for evolution lines, that would be Lucario's line. I love how versatile our fave aura guardian is, plus his Mega makes him a powerful offensive threat.

What is your favourite fighting type move and why? I always loved some of the popular ones like Close Combat, High Jump Kick and Aura Sphere due to their sheer power and awesome animations. Power-Up Punch is also a handy one, it can actually do some pretty good damage coming from an Iron Fist user since it gets that ability's boost.
Fighting types sure do pack a lot of power, one of my all-time favorites is Medicham! Added you to the list, hope you enjoy the club!:)

Username: Lilith
Partner Pokemon: Chesnaught

Reason for joining: They're highly dependable Pokemon. Many Fighting-type Pokemon have pulled their own weight for me in my in-game challenges, such as Heracross, Blaziken, Infernape, Lucario, Scrafty, Virizion, and Chesnaught. One of my favorites would be a shiny Pancham that Keiran gave me. I refuse to evolve her, and she kicks butt just fine.

What is your favorite Fighting Type move & why?
Seismic Toss for its animation in RBY.
They sure are dependable! Added you to the list, glad to have you in the club!:)

Username:Treetwig
Partner Pokemon:Gallade
Reason for joining:I'm a big fan of fighting of types!

My favorite fighting type pokemon is Gallade because of he's unique moveset and high attack stat.Plus he is a cool-looking pokemon.

Dynamic punch!
100 Base attack stat?check
100% confusion?check
50% accuaracy?che-Who cares!!?

DynamicPunch is awesome, so is Gallade! Glad to have you aboard Treetwig, hope you enjoy the club!:)

I guess I've learned not to leave the thread for more than 24 hours lol, a lot of quoting involved...Anyway, I'm going to change the current topic, so here it is:

If you could change anything about any fighting type Pokemon, what would you change?
For me, it'd have to be Poliwrath. I think it needs to learn more fighting type moves by level-up because it only gets two (as far as I can remember) unless you use a TM. I think it should at least get Close Combat or something. Same goes for Pignite/Emboar, they don't learn many fighting type moves by level up, when I got to the elite four in white my Emboar only learned Arm Thrust as a fighting type move.

I'm eager to hear what you guys have to say, and I'm glad to have so many new members!:)

I would like to give Lilith and Sheep a point, for their excellent service to the community as Super Moderators, & Hikamaru gets one as well for being a community supporter.:)

Last edited:

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
If you could change anything about any fighting type Pokemon, what would you change?

Hmm...I think they should change Conkeldurr into a Rock/Fighting since he is holding a two concrete pillars.And like Magic Guard said,they should add more fighting type moves by level-up.

Wicked3DS

Years

I would give Poliwrath Close Combat or Cross Chop for sure, it could definitely use them.

They also need to get Mewtwo some kind of physical Fighting-type move so Mega Mewtwo X can have a better STAB Fighting move than Brick Break.

Years

I would give Poliwrath Close Combat or Cross Chop for sure, it could definitely use them.

They also need to get Mewtwo some kind of physical Fighting-type move so Mega Mewtwo X can have a better STAB Fighting move than Brick Break.

I agree with this, I sometimes tried out Mega Mewtwo X ingame in X and I admit he did lack usable physical Fighting STAB moves. Oh well, at least he can still get STAB on the already powerful Aura Sphere but still the Attack boost is kinda wasted there.

Game Freak, you should give him more physical moves to use that boosted Attack stat on.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Alright everyone here's some new topics for you to answer:)

What fighting type Pokemon do you think should get a mega-evolution (that doesn't already have one)?

and

Wicked3DS

Years

Gallade would be nice to go along with Gardevoir. Primeape would be cool as well, and maybe Poliwrath. I'd like to see the Hitmon-family get them, but I don't know if they'd do all three.

Fighting/Ghost would be quite a combination, along with Fighting/Dragon (but I want everything combined with Dragon :P )

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015

Gallade would be nice to go along with Gardevoir. Primeape would be cool as well, and maybe Poliwrath. I'd like to see the Hitmon-family get them, but I don't know if they'd do all three.

Fighting/Ghost would be quite a combination, along with Fighting/Dragon (but I want everything combined with Dragon :P )

Fighting/Ghost would be awesome indeed, I wonder how they would do a fighting dragon, that would be pretty nice to see. For me I'd say another Bug/Fighting type would be cool, Fairy/Fighting would also be nice to eliminate that annoying weakness to fairies >.< Dark/Fighting is among my favorite combos because of Scrafty, Water/Fighting is cool too because there haven't been any others besides Poliwrath I think....Theres so many they could add! lol

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Fighting/Ghost would be awesome indeed, I wonder how they would do a fighting dragon, that would be pretty nice to see. For me I'd say another Bug/Fighting type would be cool, Fairy/Fighting would also be nice to eliminate that annoying weakness to fairies >.< Dark/Fighting is among my favorite combos because of Scrafty, Water/Fighting is cool too because there haven't been any others besides Poliwrath I think....Theres so many they could add! lol

There's Keldeo as another Water/Fighting, but it's true that there's a lot of potential for others in that area.

I could see a Narwhal as a Water/Fighting type.

Some sorta Poltergeist for the Ghost/Fighting.

And perhaps some sorta Wyrm or Gargoyle as the Dragon/Fighting. A better Druddiggon, basically.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Improve Pangoro. It has rather bad defenses for such a big fella, and has Hammer Arm or Sky Uppercut as its best Fighting moves. Neither are reliable because 90% accuracy or the speed drop (but Pangoro is slow, which is okay). It should have less Spatk and more defenses. Pangoro doesn't really have any useful special attacks besides Surf or Grass Knot. It should know Slack Off like Infernape and Slaking. I don't really like its model or the design of its gloves.

Ground/Fighting, perhaps Mega Marowak. It's already ferocious and spirited, and basically uses a club to attack. It reminds me a lot of Lucario, who is part Fighting. Of course, it would need more Fighting attacks added to its movepool, such as Superpower.
Or if a new Pokemon, then kangaroo because they're powerful. :')

Wicked3DS

Years
Giving a nod to Pangoro getting better moves - either Close Combat (although that nullifies the point about giving more defense) or Cross Chop would be suitable for me. Also, Mega Marowak would be great as a Fighting-type considering it's battle style already, it would work out very well.

Years
I agree with Wicked and Lilith on Pangoro, that bear needs more punching moves to take advantage of Iron Fist. It didn't get Mach Punch (which would have helped it get over that low speed) or even the elemental punches for that matter, but given we could likely get a move tutor in the sequels/third version to X/Y it looks like it might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back