• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Guide To Fast X&Y EV Training & Leveling.

Was This Guide Helpful?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't Know?

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
Is there any -detailed- information on the EV reset berries anywhere? I haven't been able to find any in this thread.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Is there any -detailed- information on the EV reset berries anywhere? I haven't been able to find any in this thread.

EV Reset berries are pretty slow/useless nowadays with Reset bags.. but what info were you looking for? EV Lowering Berries just lower EVs by 10 points each and raise your Pokemon's friendship slightly and take ages (literally weeks) to grow any significant amount to be useful, while on the other hand, you can get a Reset bag in the matter of a few seconds or so (depending on random spawn), and reset 100% of your Pokemon's EVs in mere seconds and use the guide above to retrain all the EVs in under 15 minutes :D!

These are the Berries:

Pomeg Berry Lowers HP EVs, raises friendship
Kelpsy Berry Lowers Attack EVs, raises friendship
Qualot Berry Lowers Defense EVs, raises friendship
Hondew Berry Lowers Special Attack EVs, raises friendship
Grepa Berry Lowers Special Defense EVs, raises friendship
Tamato Berry Lowers Speed EVs, raises friendship

Also if you click on the berry names above, it will link you to a page with information on the berry.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I wouldn't call the EV berries useless. They're good if you just want to reduce the EVs in one stat or by a specific amount. Or if the RNG hates on you when it comes to getting reset bags. It's a bit slow to get them at first, but once you have a bunch, you can farm them pretty well.

And Sagakkan, here's a page that has a list of berry mutations on it, since the EV berries can only be obtained via mutation initally (once you have one, you can just plant that to get more of the same): http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I wouldn't call the EV berries useless. They're good if you just want to reduce the EVs in one stat or by a specific amount. Or if the RNG hates on you when it comes to getting reset bags. It's a bit slow to get them at first, but once you have a bunch, you can farm them pretty well.

And Sagakkan, here's a page that has a list of berry mutations on it, since the EV berries can only be obtained via mutation initally (once you have one, you can just plant that to get more of the same): http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

To admit, the only time i actually do find them useful is when the pokemon is new (just hatched) and i accidentally had them in my party when i went into battle and forgot to turn off EXP share, so they end up getting a few points in something i dont want. So in cases like those, it's a waste to use a reset bag to get rid of a handful of points :P

Also the easiest way to get berries without the need to grow any is the Balloon Poppin' game on Pokemon-GL.com.. stat reducing berries are the more common random prize.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
EV Reset berries are pretty slow/useless nowadays with Reset bags.. but what info were you looking for? EV Lowering Berries just lower EVs by 10 points each and raise your Pokemon's friendship slightly and take ages (literally weeks) to grow any significant amount to be useful, while on the other hand, you can get a Reset bag in the matter of a few seconds or so (depending on random spawn), and reset 100% of your Pokemon's EVs in mere seconds and use the guide above to retrain all the EVs in under 15 minutes :D!

These are the Berries:

Pomeg Berry Lowers HP EVs, raises friendship
Kelpsy Berry Lowers Attack EVs, raises friendship
Qualot Berry Lowers Defense EVs, raises friendship
Hondew Berry Lowers Special Attack EVs, raises friendship
Grepa Berry Lowers Special Defense EVs, raises friendship
Tamato Berry Lowers Speed EVs, raises friendship

Also if you click on the berry names above, it will link you to a page with information on the berry.

Thanks, I've read all about the EV reset berries -- unfortunately I have NEVER once found a reset bag. And I've done A LOT of super training!

One thing confuses me - in creating the berry mutations (by way of cross-pollination of the appropriate berries), are the berries to be planted right next to one another, and the mutations are found in the same tree among the ordinary berries, or with one empty spot in between, in which a completely new berry tree grows? (The Serebii guide seemed ambiguous here).

If it is the latter, does it help to use Surprise Mulch in the empty spot?

Thanks demonica and NCWZ for your replies as well.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thanks, I've read all about the EV reset berries -- unfortunately I have NEVER once found a reset bag. And I've done A LOT of super training!

One thing confuses me - in creating the berry mutations (by way of cross-pollination of the appropriate berries), are the berries to be planted right next to one another, and the mutations are found in the same tree among the ordinary berries, or with one empty spot in between, in which a completely new berry tree grows? (The Serebii guide seemed ambiguous here).

If it is the latter, does it help to use Surprise Mulch in the empty spot?

Thanks demonica and NCWZ for your replies as well.

The berries have to be planted right next to each other for the mutation to occur. You'll find the mutated berries among the regular berries in one or both of the parent trees.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years

Just gotta keep punching that empty punching bag :D!

it's all random. sometimes may take finding 20 bags, sometimes just 1. Somedays when i do it, i can't find any, but somedays, i end up finding 3-5 back to back :D! it's all up to the random number generator (RNG)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
unfortunately I have NEVER once found a reset bag. And I've done A LOT of super training!

Try and let a PKMN with the [happy smiley] icon punch the bag. They get more bags if they are happy. Or you can use a Team Flare bag and use it on your PKMN so they can get the [happy smiley] icon on them. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
How long do the berry trees have before the berries wither? Will they accumulate more berries after their initial bloom if one waits longer, or is that it? If I want to tree to cross-pollinate but planted it at a different time, is letting the tree go unharvested a good idea?

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Very helpful guide! My boyfriend has never EV-trained before and is 100% new to the concept itself. Heck, even IVs are confusing for him right now. I'll have to show him this later so maybe he'll understand the concept better :) and I can stop kicking his butt in battles because my Pokemon have huge stat advantanges.

Years
Route 19 is way better for attack training as Weepinbell and Arbok give 2 Atk EVs each instead of 1 and Weepinbell is very common.

Other than that good, detailed guide.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Route 19 is way better for attack training as Weepinbell and Arbok give 2 Atk EVs each instead of 1 and Weepinbell is very common.

Other than that good, detailed guide.

Yeah, i'm aware of the various hordes that give 2 points each :P but as I mentioned in my guide, reason why I don't bother listing them is the point gain isn't that much and makes no difference..
also if you're not looking to Max-Out an EV stat, dealing with Pokemon that only give 1 makes precise EV math easier :)

also even if you are maxing out your EVs in a single stat, it really makes no difference to the total # of hordes you need to defeat:

a Horde with 1 EV point giving pokemon + Pokerus + power item = 50 EV Points.
a Horde with 2 EV point giving pokemon + Pokerus + power item = 60 EV Points.

only a 10 point difference, and in the end to get 250 ev points for example, you still need to defeat 5 hordes with both.. so the bonus 50 ev points in reality are just going to waste. may spare you the extra few seconds from wasting a vitamin (at the start) or a medium punching bag to get the final 2 evs to make it 252 maxed out, but that isn't much time saved.

50x5 = 250
60x5 = 300 (48/50 wasted)
60x4= 240 (10 short)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
If you prefer a more active method you really should level your rank in the Battle Chateau. You need at least the Silver Writ in order to spawn the trainers in a fast rate and probably the Gold Writ for money.
If you plan to train your team a bit, you should have at least enough money to spend on a Black Writ (for Exp), a Silver Writ (to spawn more trainers) and a Golden Writ (to compensate for the loss in money). That way you also earn a lot of money for vitamins, in the case you need to finetune your Pokemon. We currently have more than three million and it used to be more. You should safe your Exp Power for Fusidore Girls.

Not many people may now but Pokemon don't just remember egg moves. They, in fact, remember their whole initial movelist they had when hatching. By forcing specific prevo-only moves onto the egg by smart breeding you will gain a more flexible monster who is also more resilient to the day-care method after evolving.

Back