• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Art from a Musical Combusken

Years
I really like the chalk/brushstroke look of it and it is hard to find that look with a bright color pallette, I would even say it would be better if they were even brigher, but I like neonish colors myself. It would be cool to print them out on canvas and frame them, they really are a work of art :P Reminds me of the art of disney stores which i love.

Last edited:
Years
OH MY GOSH, THESE COMMENTS. ;W; YOU GUYS ARE TOO NICE
But I'm really, really glad to see you guys enjoy seeing my work! I should update more for you guys. =D I HAVE A DRAWING FOR 'YALL! I didn't go for my paint style this time. ^..^; I hope you enjoy this one, as well!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Yeah, I think I can say that Combusken's pretty cool now. I should go edit that one post I made about least favorite generation of starters. 'Cept I don't know where it is, and I'm too much of a lazy git to look for it.

Well, I dunno. I still think the Sugimori design is kind of derpy. That's why I'd love a game that utilized a guest artist, we need a fresh interpretation of some of the creatures. Maybe something to do for the fanbase overall what fanart like this does to people who enjoy it. Maybe in turn, it'll inspire new fan art? It's a winning circle!

Anyway, I like the surrounding colors in the background, as well as the action lines in the picture above most of all. It helps her stand out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
I think my favorite part about your work is how you use color. You get a lot of bright and beautiful colors in there without overworking it or making it too muddled. Like that combuskin picture you just published working in all those purples and blues into the yellow and orange pokemon. Keep up the great work >w<

Years
Thank you, guys! Now, I've got some doodles I made at 3/4am. I'm working on some commissions, so hopefully I'll get them done soon to post them here!

Doodles

I used a palette for this doodle. I really liked the colors. =]

I don't know what to say about this one ... Uh, I drew this at 3 am. Oh! There, I said something about it.

Years
Update because I'm bored and why not see some new art from me?
Also, not sure if people care, but I hope you enjoy my work. I HOPE I'M NOT BREAKING THE BUMPING RULE THING IF THAT CHANGE. WELL, ANYWAY, HERE YA GO

WELCOME TO MY BIG UPDATE

Bigger Art Pieces - Click to see full size

Oldest is from left to right and the more recent pictures are the the bottom row.

Doodles or WIPS or Answers to my Ask blog or just questions in general?

Most recent to probably the oldest?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2015
Wow I really like your style! Its kind of comic-style a bit, really nice, keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
UGH I was so secretly hoping that one day you would post a gigantic update with tons of awesome new stuff! And you did, and didn't disappoint! <3;

Still such a big fan of your work, hun. I seriously love your style and your use of brushstrokes and texture in there. Your art is so dynamic and, really, just fun to look at! I don't have time post a whole big thing (at some point I will!) but for now, I think this and this are my favorites of this most recent batch. The character's faces are so expressive and I find it's very easy to identify and empathize with your art-- making it greater than the sum of its parts, for me. Awesome update! Can't wait to see what else you've got. ;)

Years
Thanks for the lovely comments, Jokedon and Alexial357 <3 Aha, well, I don't have ANOTHER huge update, but here's some new sutff!

I recently joined PMD-E, so idk if I'll post my comics here, but I'll show off my teams!

Big art ... okay, just my two PMD-E teams...

[URL="http://musicalcombusken.deviantart.com/art/Team-Lunamas-357929399?q=gallery%3Amusicalcombusken&qo=1"]
team_lunamas_by_musicalcombusken-d5x3o3b.png
[/URL]

Doodles

I made little cameos of people's teams, so click the picture so you can see who is who and who belongs to who.
tumblr_mjbtmf7JLh1ruqnwto1_500.png
tumblr_mjdnf521DO1ruqnwto1_500.png

^Latest doodle is MC (the torchic pmd-e form) crying.​

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Your works looks amazing, i love it!!
Thanks for brightening my day with your beautiful drawings :)
I especially like the style of your drawings, so bright and colorful,
and i think it's really cute how you add certain details to the pokemon, like headbands :)
I don't have a favorite picture (yet), but i love every single one that features combusken or treecko!!

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hnngg~... Charmander can't have any hair. Charmander is a lizard! XP

Actually, I'm just playing around, it's not a big deal (I do notice it, though XD;). Man, I've wanted to comment ever since you unleashed all this new stuff in March, but I couldn't because I (1) had school beat me like a bald headed stepchild with project management training and (2) really wanted to finish a nice little gift. :3

You don't know how inspirational it is to me to see your work. Not necessarily artistically inspirational, but just on the level of really getting involved with the worlds a person creates. It's just really amazing. It's what I really enjoy seeing here! You have so much to see in each post that it just runs circles around my sad, lazy attempts at arting. You've quickly become one of my favorite people here, even if you're never around. I really hope you keep it up, it puts a smile on my face all the time.

I really wish I had something more to say about the craft of your work. I dunno how I ever did it months ago. Well, let's just say I still love the way you color things. You tend to use more warm colors, which is rather fun. I also like how you tend to use more mood colors than just straight up coloring Pokemon verbatim. Can I say that I like how the style is charming overall, too? I also love your shiny, glowy doodles.

I should also mention that your Tumblr makes me want to start one, too. Granted, it wasn't he only one, but it's pushing me the hardest, because you look like you have a lot of fun doing it, and I want more fun too. :( If I ever go through with it, I'm totally following your Tumblrs (I really can't do that with the one I already have, though. It's more like site property. Just FYI).

Yup. That's it.

PS: more pokemon comix, plx

Years
BIG UPDATE AGAIN
I've been gone for a while, ahhaha I'm so sorry, but here's some update! AGAIN, if you want to keep in touch more, I have my tumblr, da, twitter and skype (uh please message me for that)
>>> tumblr || twitter || dA <<<
WIP
Spoiler:

Back