• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Dragons (Dragon Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Welcome to.....
sample_140b2cdf9be41c2c0ad2536759c0af654b06dc8a.jpg

The Dragon's Dungeon

Rules

• Follow all Club Rules, and all other PC Rules will apply.
  • Any Spamming, trolling or any sign of hatred will result in banishment from the club.
  • Activeness is a good thing, so please try to remain active.
  • Stay on topic for anything Dragon-related Pokemon!
  • When posting pictures, make sure you preview before posting. If it says use a "Shared Link," please do so.
  • When choosing a partner Pokemon, first must be a Dragon type, while the second must be from the Dragon Egg Family.
  • Your Trainer Sprite will be you in the member's list. However, when choosing Iris, please say Gym Leader or Champion to determine your sprite
  • Any recommendations? See an error in spelling or organizing? Send the owner a PM!
  • Most importantly, hover over anything to learn more about Dragons!

Sign-Up Form
Name:
Your Trainer Sprite:
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?:
Answer Current Topic

Dragons(31)
147.png
148.png
149.png
230.png
329.png
330.png
334.png
371.png
372.png
373.png
380.png
381.png
384.png
443.png
444.png
445.png
483.png
484.png
487.png
487O.png
493-dragon.png
610.png
611.png
612.png
621.png
633.png
634.png
635.png
643.png
644.png
646.png
646B.png
646W.png

Dragon Family(20)
004.png
005.png
006.png
023.png
024.png
116.png
117.png
129.png
130.png
142.png
252.png
253.png
254.png
328.png
333.png
336.png
349.png
350.png
559.png
560.png

Trainers(6)
138.gif
116.gif
E_Drake.png
100.gif
Spr_BW_Iris.png
IrisB2W2sprite.gif

Items(24) & Moves(13)
adamantorb.png
Adamant Orb
charizarddoll.png
Charizard Doll
charmanderdoll.png
Charmander Doll
darkstone.png
Dark Stone
dnalinkpin.png
DNA Link Pin
dracoplate.png
Draco Plate
dragonfang.png
Dragon Fang
dragongem.png
Dragon Gem
dragonscale.png
Dragon Scale
dragonskull.png
Dragon Skull
enigmastone.png
Enigma Stone
eonticket.png
Eon Ticket
godstone.png
God Stone
griseousorb.png
Griseous Orb
habanberry.png
Haban Berry
jadeorb.png
Jade Orb
lightstone.png
Light Stone
lustrousorb.png
Lustrous Orb
magikarpdoll.png
Magikarp Doll
redchain.png
Red Chain
redscale.png
Red Scale
souldew.png
Soul Dew
swabludoll.png
Swablu Doll
treeckodoll.png
Treecko Doll
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Draco Meteor
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Claw
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Dance
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Pulse
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Rage
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Rush
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragon Tail
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dragonbreath
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Dual Chop
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Outrage
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Roar of Time
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Spacial Rend
Bag_TM_Dragon_Sprite.png
Twister

Members (22)
Iris_OD_2.png
380.png
350.png

Lance_OD.png
330.png
253.png

Clair_OD.png
230.png
006.png

Lance_OD.png
149.png
142.png

Clair_OD.png
445.png
006.png

Clair_OD.png
373.png
254.png

Lance_OD.png
384.png
130.png

Iris_OD.png
380.png
560.png

Clair_OD.png
372.png
252.png

Lance_OD.png
484.png
254.png

Lance_OD.png
445.png
006.png

Lance_OD.png
646-white.png
252.png

Iris_OD_2.png
635.png
350.png

Iris_OD_2.png
612.png
006.png

Drayden_OD.png
230.png
333.png

Iris_OD_2.png
149.png
130.png

Clair_OD.png
149.png
005.png

Lance_OD.png
445.png
006.png

Iris_OD.png
635.png
6.png

Drayden_OD.png
373.png
350.png

Clair_OD.png
149.png
006.png

Lance_OD.png
384.png
006.png

Drake_OD.png

User Bars
COMING SOON!!

Questionnaire

1. Which two on the Dragon Family list is not from the Dragon Egg group? Answer: Trapinch & Aerodactyl (TwilightBlade)

Past Topics
Feel free to answer any at ANY time; Recommend answering all upon joining!

1. What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?
  2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?
  3. Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
  4. What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
  5. Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
  6. Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.
  7. What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
  8. How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle?
  9. Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?
  10. Are there an overpopulated amount of Legendary Dragons or should there be more?

sample_59e05e3bd3b59cdd9ba2a0477991b70bf70436a7.jpg

Last edited:

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Hello! I'm the First one :D.
Name: ShadowTheDarkrai
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance
2 Partner Pokemon: Vizzy the Flygon and Grovyle
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?:I chose to become a Dragon Tamer because Dragon Types have great artwork and I overall like them so much I have a Dragon type on my team in almost every game.
Answer Current Topic
There is no current topic yet...

By the way you forgot in the sprites for trainers Drake from the Elite Four of Hoenn.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Name: Curious.
Your Trainer Sprite: Clair, please!
2 Partner Pokemon(Yes we can have nicknames!): Kingdra and Charizard (No nicks)

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: For most of my Pokemon gaming I've had a Dragon Type Pokemon on my team (HG I had Dragonite, DPPt I had Garchomp and in BW I had another Dragonite) -- I love their power, their elegance and grace, their beauty and most importantly their kind and complex minds and hearts.

Answer Current Topic: My favourite dragon type? Hmm, this is a toughy since there's many I do love -- I think I'd have to settle on Dragonite or Kingdra, or Hydreigon. (I know I know, that's more than one, aha). If larvitar and pupitar counts though, then they're definitely my favourites.

Also on that note, I definitely think the larvitar line or at least Larvitar and Tyranitar are known as dragons. ~ But that could possibly be a topic of discussion. When we get new members we can vote perhaps?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
ShadowTheDarkrai, there is a topic, it's just put under the "Past Topics" part of the OP, so you might've been confused :p

Name: Olli97
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance, the orignal Dragon Master, and the only one I'll whom I'll aknowledge the title on :p
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite and Aerodactyl.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon types are just generally pretty awesome, all of them usually being generation favourites, and each unique in their own way. They've "evolved" a lot since the first generation, though they still keep their fame and are usually the Pokémon that are being looked forward to the most.

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?

Dragonite. I still recall the first time I got the Dratini in my Blue and spent hours training it, not having any knowledge of when it'd evolve, though I was positively suprised when it finally reached its second evolution with how powerful it actually was, and though I don't use Dragon types much, mainly because they take so freaking long to evolve and all that, I still keep my love for Dragonite.

Last edited:

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Thank you Ollie.
What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon and why?: I honestly don't know my favorite. I like a lot of them a lot and I can't really determine which is better. If I have to say one it would probably be Giratina. I think it's first major role is the best with a unique plot twist. I think it's design looks very creepy and scary and I think it fits Giratina's role well.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hello! I'm the First one :D.
Name: ShadowTheDarkrai
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance
2 Partner Pokemon: Vizzy the Flygon and Grovyle
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?:I chose to become a Dragon Tamer because Dragon Types have great artwork and I overall like them so much I have a Dragon type on my team in almost every game.
Answer Current Topic
There is no current topic yet...

By the way you forgot in the sprites for trainers Drake from the Elite Four of Hoenn.
Next time it'll be real easier if you could change font colors instead of leaving it yellow, that'd be great \m/

But welcome to everyone who joined the club already!!
Name: Curious.
Your Trainer Sprite: Clair, please!
2 Partner Pokemon(Yes we can have nicknames!): Kingdra and Charizard (No nicks)

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: For most of my Pokemon gaming I've had a Dragon Type Pokemon on my team (HG I had Dragonite, DPPt I had Garchomp and in BW I had another Dragonite) -- I love their power, their elegance and grace, their beauty and most importantly their kind and complex minds and hearts.

Answer Current Topic: My favourite dragon type? Hmm, this is a toughy since there's many I do love -- I think I'd have to settle on Dragonite or Kingdra, or Hydreigon. (I know I know, that's more than one, aha). If larvitar and pupitar counts though, then they're definitely my favourites.

Also on that note, I definitely think the larvitar line or at least Larvitar and Tyranitar are known as dragons. ~ But that could possibly be a topic of discussion. When we get new members we can vote perhaps?
Tyranitar reminds me of a Dinosaur

When we reach 10 members, I will definitely bring up the questions of which Pokemon are known as Dragon missing from the family list. I was going to put Lapras (As many Dragon Gym Leaders/Champions even use him quite often) on there as well, but I decided not to. We'll get to this topic soon! The Dragon Family are consist of the Dragon Egg Group, the lone exceptions were Aerodactyl & Trapinch up there. Aerodactyl is an obvious reason, with great history with Charizard in the Fossil episode with Ash, Gary & Jigglypuff. I always picture Aerodactyl as an ancient Charizard from a past time. Then Trapinch...well he evolves into Dragons (Vibrava/Flygon) so he needs no explanation!

ShadowTheDarkrai, there is a topic, it's just put under the "Past Topics" part of the OP, so you might've been confused :p

Name: Olli97
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance, the orignal Dragon Master, and the only one I'll whom I'll aknowledge the title on :p
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite and Aerodactyl.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragon types are just generally pretty awesome, all of them usually being generation favourites, and each unique in their own way. They've "evolved" a lot since the first generation, though they still keep their fame and are usually the Pokémon that are being looked forward to the most.

Dragonite. I still recall the first time I got the Dratini in my Blue and spent hours training it, not having any knowledge of when it'd evolve, though I was positively suprised when it finally reached its second evolution with how powerful it actually was, and though I don't use Dragon types much, mainly because they take so freaking long to evolve and all that, I still keep my love for Dragonite.

Dragons are the strongest of 'em all! Though they do take forever to grow up and evolve -_- What is it with Dragons and Level 55? Is 55 a natural number for them? lol I don't remember catching Dratini in R/B/Y actually. I only first caught a Dragon type in G/S/C, & yes it was Dratini. Then again I caught a Horsea way past that as I was a decent fan of Seadra in the R/B/Y series. I believe I evolved Seadra to Kingdra prior to Dragonair to Dragonite. All-in-all, out of all the non-Legendary Dragons, Salamence has given me the most pleasure to train, travel & battle with. Even in the Pokemon Trading Card games, he kick butts!

Thank you Ollie.
What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon and why?: I honestly don't know my favorite. I like a lot of them a lot and I can't really determine which is better. If I have to say one it would probably be Giratina. I think it's first major role is the best with a unique plot twist. I think it's design looks very creepy and scary and I think it fits Giratina's role well.
Yeah, I didn't want to double post right off the back so it was the best place to put it, right in the Past Topics. Sorry for the confusion :( Giratina? Interesting, recently I haven't seen many favor Giratina. Great to know it still has support! I actually do like Giratina also, but I'm a way better supporter of Palkia! The Pokemon is bulk up and got some great bulk up shoulders! LOL

Time to answer for myself:
What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon and why?
Everyone knows how much I love my Latias. You can't go wrong with that! But for just this once, I'll make it interesting and pretend I'm banned from choosing her. Definitely going with Reshiram. Reshiram is that Fire/Dragon I've always wanted, and the design is just brilliant. I still haven't seen the movies with Victini yet, so I don't know the Anime side of the story, but in-game its indeed a great story. I loved capturing Reshiram and battling N's Zekrom in an intense battle. It didn't get anymore real than that!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
Your Trainer Sprite: clair
2 Partner Pokemon : garchomp and charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: bcuz They are one of the best pokemon types, being all-around and very powerful in combat. Most are also graceful and love most of their artwork.Not many weaknesses, awesome sprites and a ton of legendaries. They are PURE AWESOME!
Answer Current Topic
Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.
My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.
I love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps me defeat the Elite.

Olli

Years
Dragons are the strongest of 'em all! Though they do take forever to grow up and evolve -_- What is it with Dragons and Level 55? Is 55 a natural number for them? lol I don't remember catching Dratini in R/B/Y actually. I only first caught a Dragon type in G/S/C, & yes it was Dratini. Then again I caught a Horsea way past that as I was a decent fan of Seadra in the R/B/Y series. I believe I evolved Seadra to Kingdra prior to Dragonair to Dragonite. All-in-all, out of all the non-Legendary Dragons, Salamence has given me the most pleasure to train, travel & battle with. Even in the Pokemon Trading Card games, he kick butts!
Yeah, the downside to training Dragon types. I think the 55 evolution level just comes from it being the level Dragonair evolved in, and then it's just carried over with all the other Dragon types, just like how most starters and 2 evolutionary lines in general usually evolves around 32-36, since that's how it originally was.

I don't actually recall catching/receiving any Dragon types other than Dratini in the first two generations whenever I've played the game, apart from a Bagon which I only recently caught while playing through a borrowed Sapphire version. I never got around to evolving it to Salamence, but I just felt like I wanted to have a Dragon type. But yeah, I caught and trained it post-game in which there wasn't much to do, so I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I could've when I was younger, so yeah :p

I really don't know how good any Pokémon is in the TCG, since all I did was collect the cards, though I do remember I had a few Dragon types.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Avishka
Your Trainer Sprite: clair
2 Partner Pokemon : garchomp and charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: bcuz They are one of the best pokemon types, being all-around and very powerful in combat. Most are also graceful and love most of their artwork.Not many weaknesses, awesome sprites and a ton of legendaries. They are PURE AWESOME!
Answer Current Topic
Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.
My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.
I love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps me defeat the Elite.
I've heard from several people that Garchomp make Flygon extinct. I don't agree. Flygon happens to have levitate, which can avoid strong moves such as Earthquake and other ground type moves. So Flygon does have some advantages.

Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl, along with Dragonite, were examples of Dragon types back in Generation 1. Seadra didn't get much spotlight in that draconic world until Kingdra came along. Lapras was practically a huge supporter for Dragon types, in my opinion. Could very well be one of those best friends for the Dragons, indeed. Now? Only very few Pokemon can learn some dragon type moves and Lapras is probably the most popular in that category, probably next to Tyranitar.

Yeah, the downside to training Dragon types. I think the 55 evolution level just comes from it being the level Dragonair evolved in, and then it's just carried over with all the other Dragon types, just like how most starters and 2 evolutionary lines in general usually evolves around 32-36, since that's how it originally was.

I don't actually recall catching/receiving any Dragon types other than Dratini in the first two generations whenever I've played the game, apart from a Bagon which I only recently caught while playing through a borrowed Sapphire version. I never got around to evolving it to Salamence, but I just felt like I wanted to have a Dragon type. But yeah, I caught and trained it post-game in which there wasn't much to do, so I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I could've when I was younger, so yeah :p

I really don't know how good any Pokémon is in the TCG, since all I did was collect the cards, though I do remember I had a few Dragon types.
I like how they made the Dragon types so long to train/evolve. It shows that you have to be that close in training your Pokemon and show much appreication in all the battles you used it in. When I come across any Dragon types I tend to like to catch it and train it right away, develop that bond with it. Definitely a one-of-a-kind type.

Speaking of TCG, didn't they introduce the new types to the TCG board? Dragons has its own types now rather than sticking with its non-Dragon half?? I haven't played TCG in a long time, since Generation 3 when I had a deck consist of supporter Salamence cards. Maybe I should check back into it. Collect some Dragon cards and build a REAL Dragon deck finally :D

Mentalii

Back
Years
Name: Mentalii
Your Trainer Sprite: Clair
2 Partner Pokemon: Drattak the Salamence and Juncko the Sceptile
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Because the dragon-type is a strong and interesting type. They're fascinating Pokémon, that I'd be glad to tame to discover a lot of things about them. Dragon-type it's also one of the strongest type to my mind, because of its resistance to a lot of types, so Dragon Tamers are often excellent trainers. And I'd like to be an excellent trainer too.
What's your favourite Dragon Pokémon and why? It's Dragonite. I have no true reasons to particularly like it. I guess it's mainly the nostalgia, as it was one of the greatest Pokémon of my childhood. And because I love its evolution-line too.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Mentalii
2 Partner Pokemon: Drattak the Salamence and Juncko the Sceptile
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Because the dragon-type is a strong and interesting type. They're fascinating Pokémon, that I'd be glad to tame to discover a lot of things about them. Dragon-type it's also one of the strongest type to my mind, because of its resistance to a lot of types, so Dragon Tamers are often excellent trainers. And I'd like to be an excellent trainer too.
What's your favourite Dragon Pokémon and why? It's Dragonite. I have no true reasons to particularly like it. I guess it's mainly the nostalgia, as it was one of the greatest Pokémon of my childhood. And because I love its evolution-line too.
Dragonite is the perfect face of the Dragon Pokemon due to its originality. No questions asked. But welcome to the club! I actually tried to get a Dragon Tamer sprite but I cannot find an Overworld Sprite of one. :( If anyone can find one, it'd be much appreciated!

New Topic:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

Last edited:
Years
Name Krazzikk, you can also call me Josh
Your Trainer Sprite Lance!
2 Partner Pokemon Kiseki, the Rayquaza, and Seiryu, the Gyarados
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer Because Olli told me to join another club Because Dragon types are the coolest ones, duh! =P

What's your favorite Dragon Pokémon and why?

Rayquaza because as someone said, 'he got swag'

He is one of my favorites because he is one of the best special sweepers (did I mention that I like special sweepers) with moves such as dragon claw, and flame thrower he just has a awesome moveset (I know I say that about a lot of Pokemon)

Also because I'm a big fan of Emerald ;-)

Last edited:

Olli

Years
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

I honestly don't really know. My knowledge on the individual Pokémon is pretty limited, and all I really know about them is that they're both Pseudo-Legendaries, and that they're both weak to Ice and Dragon type moves. I'm guessing they serve as good tanks due to their high stats, as well as being pretty strong with all their Dragon type moves, though I honestly can't think of disadvantages of using them in battle, except using them in a battle against someone with Ice types.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Name: TwilightBlade
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (Gym Leader)
2 Partner Pokemon: Angel the Latias and Hayride the Scrafty
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: mmm all of those epic dragons just sitting up there and i gotta express my love for latias ~o~

Awuhh? Dragonite is more defensive than Mence, but Mence is a faster and stronger attacker. Dragonite has Multiscale, Extremespeed, and the awesome Thunder Wave (I totally use that in-game okay). Although Mence is only slightly more powerful than Dragonite, he's way faster and has Intimidate/Moxie to play with. I think I'd definitely have more fun using a Mence in battle. Dat powah.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name Krazzikk, you can also call me Josh
Your Trainer Sprite Lance!
2 Partner Pokemon Kiseki, the Rayquaza, and Seiryu, the Gyarados
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer Because Olli told me to join another club Because Dragon types are the coolest ones, duh! =P

What's your favorite Dragon Pokémon and why?

Rayquaza because as someone said, 'he got swag'

He is one of my favorites because he is one of the best special sweepers (did I mention that I like special sweepers) with moves such as dragon claw, and flame thrower he just has a awesome moveset (I know I say that about a lot of Pokemon)

Also because I'm a big fan of Emerald ;-)
Dragon Claw isn't a special attack move though :P

But welcome! Rayquaza is an amazing Dragon type. In fact, even in Super Smash Bros Brawl, Rayquaza is quite awesome! But welcome!

As much as I prefer Special Attacks, I actually prefer a Physical Rayquaza all-around. ExtremeSpeed, Outrage, Dragon Dance & Earthquake are quite an amazing movepool to have. Though I just realized, a Special Event Rayquaza can learn V-Create???

Name: TwilightBlade
Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (Gym Leader)
2 Partner Pokemon: Angel the Latias and Hayride the Scrafty
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: mmm all of those epic dragons just sitting up there and i gotta express my love for latias ~o~

Awuhh? Dragonite is more defensive than Mence, but Mence is a faster and stronger attacker. Dragonite has Multiscale, Extremespeed, and the awesome Thunder Wave (I totally use that in-game okay). Although Mence is only slightly more powerful than Dragonite, he's way faster and has Intimidate/Moxie to play with. I think I'd definitely have more fun using a Mence in battle. Dat powah.

Welcome Blade! Exactly what she said. Though as much as I love Salamence, the only time I actually would rather use Dragonite is on a weather team=Rain Dance team. He can learn BOTH Thunder & Hurricane, a very rare set of movepool to have! Salamence isn't that much of a support in a weather team either. This is another way to look at these dis/advantages.

Years
Dragon Claw isn't a special attack move though :P
I never said it was a special attack move :P

Welcome Blade! Exactly what she said. Though as much as I love Salamence, the only time I actually would rather use Dragonite is on a weather team=Rain Dance team. He can learn BOTH Thunder & Hurricane, a very rare set of movepool to have! Salamence isn't that much of a support in a weather team either. This is another way to look at these dis/advantages.

Yes Dragonite is pretty good on a Rain team if you think about it. Of course it all depends on the rest of your team. Although I don't use Dragonite as much as I should I still think he is pretty baus.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So it depends on how you trained your Dragons or who the other 5 Pokemon are, either Salamence or Dragonite can be a great Dragon to assist you in battle.

New Topic!:
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?

Years
Name: Katie the Friendly Ghost
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family):Shelgon, Treecko
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: 'Cause dragons are like awesome. Duh.
Altaria, because I thought it'd be like crazy good, but it never was for me. Only for Winona. :P
Also Scrafty. It's pretty good in battle, but I'm disappointed solely in its appearance.

Years
I'm not disappointed in any Dragon type or Dragon family member. Then again I don't think I understand the topic very much. I don't understand what there is to be disappointed about in any of the Dragon type Pokemon. They are one of my favorite types (after water) so I'm not disappointed in any of them.

Name:
Also Scrafty. It's pretty good in battle, but I'm disappointed solely in its appearance.
How could you not like the way Scrafty looks!?! He is like the Gangsta Pokemon! =P

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years

Concerning the Dragon type, I'd say Druddigon. It's kind of useless to my mind. Ok, I don't like its design at all, so that helps me not to like it but I have to say that I'm particularly disappointed in the fact that it hasn't any evolution. Dragon types need evolution. It's one of their feature, to start with a weak and cute little Pokémon difficult to train but then begin badass and powerful creatures that can easily kick the best Pokémon !
Regarding the Dragon family members, I'm disappointed in Scrafty. It annoys me to such an extent... I can't stand it. I won't start to comment its design, I could become wicked. It's also pretty weak, although its type combination is pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back