• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
how do you change the characters sprite? I wanna change the sprite of Prof Birch in the beginning when you make a new game.

Use unLZ.gba to edit all images in the game from trainersprites to attack animations, and even the titlescreen lol. Look for it in the toolbox.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
How can I get the Silph Co. doors to work at a different location with a different item, with a switch or an event?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173

just go to the forum (toolbox) click search this forum, then type the tool you want.

Thanks, but I already found YAPE. What I meant was that searching for tutorials on how to change the Pokedex was hard. I want to change all the numbers and stuff.

Oh and I downloaded that AdvancedTable thingy that was posted. But after it is extracted, it is a .tbl file. How do you open it?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok, thanks, but is there also a way to completely remove the Prof Birch talking in the beginning, and replace it to start with something else? Like a start with a battle?
because what Im trying to do is make a GBA version of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness by remaking Ruby.

That would require quite a lot of ASM I suppose.

How can I get the Silph Co. doors to work at a different location with a different item, with a switch or an event?

If I remember well, there are some script traps on the floor, maybe some signs too. Check the scripts there.

Can someone tell me the sprite offset for the master ball ? I need that for my hack...thanks in advance

It should be compressed, so use unLZ to find it.

How do you change the pokedex order? Everytime a pokemon trys to evolve it won't let it...

The PokéDex order doesn't matter as I bet you just didn't enable the National Dex.

Trying to follow THIS tut but dont have photoshop. anyone know if this is possible with GIMP? If so how?

All you need to do is to dump the B/W logo and load the proper palette. If you Google "load palette [program-name]" you should find what you need.

Oh and I downloaded that AdvancedTable thingy that was posted. But after it is extracted, it is a .tbl file. How do you open it?

You don't need to open it, really. You just need to load it using a hex editor that uses table files.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
If I remember well, there are some script traps on the floor, maybe some signs too. Check the scripts there.

I should have been more specific:
I already know that they are signposts, but when I copy them 1-to-1 over to a different map, they don't work anymore (I am using the same tileset though)

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Fact is you're pasting your sprite over another. Don't do that.

Err, then all I have to do is:
-I convert the sprite in 16-bit
-I insert the sprite in unLZ
-I'm done?

(My bad I wasn't here before for the reply)

EDIT: Method doesn't work. It HAS to be indexed, so I need to save the file on the RIVAL intro sprite...

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I am going over to a friends house tomorrow to teach him the basics of ROM hacking. He knows nothing of Hex, pointers, variables, or what he's doing. How should I go about teaching him the basics so he can have a solid foundation of knowledge to build upon? I already confused him trying to explain Hex :/

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How would I change charizard's cry at the title screen to rayquaza? Every titlescreen cry editor only goes up to the johto pokemon. Also Where would i find a good tut on hex editing? I want to fully understand hex so i could make a breath taking hack.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I have some questions:
1.how to edit pokedex pokemon information I haven't found any tool that does this....
2.How can I make that I'll encounter a pokemon in a-map without the grass animation?
for example in caves you enconter pokemon's without a grass animation,so how can I do this?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How can I make that I'll encounter a pokemon in a-map without the grass animation?
for example in caves you enconter pokemon's without a grass animation,so how can I do this?

Just copy the behaviour byte of the for the cave tile and put it on your tile...

...hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sort of a random question but how would you delete ALL of the scripts in a ROM to free up space?

EDIT: Another stupid question: I would like to make a ROM Hacking tool. Where could I find help with this? (probably going to need HEX in order to do this (need to learn this))

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
How do you know which number ID pl_msg.narc is when you try to dump it into .xml with thenewpoketext?
And how do you reinsert it when you "dump all files to xml" and then edit it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back