• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interest Check: UG Specials - Next up: Kingmaker

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
Hey everyone! I had an idea to host special games each month. The idea is to have games that are slightly different from the norm, or games with specialized setups.

I decided to have the Grand Idea game to kick things off for April, and with that game ending soon it will be perfect timing for this month's game!

Although I don't plan on having games as complex as Grand Idea every month, I'll still try to host things that people might be interested in. I have a few things in mind already, but feel free to post suggestions here too!

Current plan for this month:
This month's game: WitchHunt

Signups begin: June 18th

In a game with no hints, no reveals, where most roles have a chance of being either alignment... where even the dead players still have a stake in the game...

Put your deduction and hunting skills to the test - do you have what it takes to figure out who's telling the truth and who's a witch?

Coming soon to an Underground thread near you...

Last month's game:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, Johnny and I (and I think Gunner mentioned something?) have been talking about doing things like this for a while now so I'm definitely happy to give it a go.

Also, speaking of Grand Idea, what do you think of starting a grand idea thread of our own?

Years
Oh God yes, the concept of Grand Idea is really neat, but oh God that thread. We should think of some guideline for the thread, though. So people won't just throw in awful roles.

Anything too awful we can just refuse to include/delete?
We can talk about if before the thread goes up.

Superjolt

Years
Oh nice! We've been talking about small games for a while now, but we've never actually tried it. I'm all down for trying new things as long as the essence of mafia remains intact and no night phases don't sound like too much of a plot twist so it's good.

Question: why is the 7 players variation imbalanced?
I don't remember why tbh, I just remember seeing a big discussion thread on another board about the balance and why 5-player is preferable (but I don't even remember which board that was, it was also a few years ago so idk lol). After searching around, I actually can't even find any finished games that used the 7-player version.

For comparison:

How the 7 player variation works:
- Setup: 4 Vanilla Townies, 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Godfather
- Town still wins immediately if Godfather is lynched
- If a townie is lynched they can only make a venge-kill if it's LyLo and they can choose from at least 4 other players to venge-kill
Yeah, Johnny and I (and I think Gunner mentioned something?) have been talking about doing things like this for a while now so I'm definitely happy to give it a go.

Also, speaking of Grand Idea, what do you think of starting a grand idea thread of our own?
Haha, I wouldn't be opposed to it! On the other board, I don't think there were any restrictions on what roles could be submitted, but there was kind of an "unwritten rule" that a host would just re-roll anything that was dumb/awful/broken af (and that's also what I did for my game)

Superjolt

Years
So yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the 7 player version actually (I wish I could find a completed game that uses the setup tho)

Maybe I could let players list their preference when signing up?

Superjolt

Years
Vengeful games are now underway!

Y'all better GET HYPE for the next game

I won't say much about it for now, but I will say the more players the better! Also, even if you're dead you still have a major part in the game!

More info to come soon...

Superjolt

Years
This month's game: WitchHunt

Signups begin: June 18th

In a game with no hints, no reveals, where most roles have a chance of being either alignment... where even the dead players still have a stake in the game...

Put your deduction and hunting skills to the test - do you have what it takes to figure out who's telling the truth and who's a witch?

Coming soon to an Underground thread near you...

Superjolt

Years
Sorry for the delay on the next game, I haven't finished the OP for it yet (it's about 70% done). Just want to make sure I have all the information typed and the formatting looks good before I get the thread up :)

Superjolt

Years
I think I'm gonna do Kingmaker next. Since it was successful last time, I think I'll post a teaser again (especially for you GP :P) Not sure when signups will start though, I'm thinking of possibly hosting a beginners game and I have plans for an original game that I'd like to do too. I guess we'll see!

Next up: Kingmaker

Signups begin: ???

How trustworthy are you?

In a game where a lynch is decided by a single player... Are you trustworthy enough to be named King and decide the lynch on your own? Or will the lynch fall into the hands of those dirty assassins?

Coming soon...

Last edited:
Back