• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teezee's Poetry

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Hello there, I'm Teezee, and you have stumbled into my modest little poetry thread. I don't take poetry that seriously, I write because I do think that this is the only way in which I could write down what I'm feeling, and what I'm thinking, so don't expect too much from my works, but anyway. I do hope that you guys are gonna enjoy reading, criticisms are also welcomed with open arms. :)

SUMMARY:
BLESS YOUR SOUL
GRANDFATHER'S LETTER
BROKEN WINDOWS
BIG LOVE
I'LL NEVER BE YOU
RESPONSIBLE
CHANGE
BURN
TIME STILL TICKS ON
KUREN (HAIKU)
ALIVE
MESS OF A MAN
DEJA-VU
UNTITLED
A FEELING?
HAIKU 2

Spoiler:

Aand another one! I just felt inspired when I watched a documentary film about a grandfather's love for his grandchildren.
Spoiler:

This wasn't intended to be a poem, it was a song. I've removed some of the parts to make it's structure look like a poem, so basically that's the whole story behind it.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I wrote this yesterday, it's entitled Big Love. :')
Spoiler:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
So, I'm not a very good critic, so I don't know how much what I say will matter to you, but I'm gonna criticize these anyways.

So, I guess I'll start with this: (from Broken Windows)
Trees falls down as I did

Not sure if this is on purpose or not, but shouldn't it be "fall" not "falls"? Not that this is major, but I read "Broken Windows" and saw that, and it forced me to trip up as I read. Everything else, I think, is fine.

Now, on to actual criticism. I might tend to ramble and stop making sense, so if I do, feel free to ignore it.

Bless Your Soul - I saw the title of this poem, and loved it. The problem is, (and maybe it's just me) I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Perhaps if you could tell me what this poem is about, then I could criticize it better. It just seems like a very indecisive poem; what I mean by that is you sound like you are chastising someone about being fake, but then you say "bless your soul". Maybe "bless your soul" is sarcastic?
Also, one more thing here.
Nothing you say is authentic
And your defenses are laughable.

You claim to be freethinking
Yet you recycle old thoughts.

I feel like each of these stanzas (stanzi?) is incomplete when I read it, especially the first of those two. I would highly suggest merging them, but hey. It's your poem, and you're free to do what you want.

? - I like this one. Personally, I like more emotional poems, and this one seems to have much more emotion in it than the others. I also think that this poem has a really nice flow. Being able to make your poems flow naturally is an amazing gift, and flow and rythym are, for me, the two hardest parts of poem writing.
I can see the meaning of this poem easier. If I am correct, this one is about death not being the end, no? I can understand how naming it would be difficult, but if I were to suggest names, I would say something like "Unending" or "Endless". But maybe you don't want to name this, and that's perfectly okay. Like I've said before, it's your poem, and you should do what you want with it.

Broken Windows - Since I have never heard the song "Skyscraper", and since I'm too lazy to look up the lyrics, I can't tell how it might relate to your poemsong at all (yes I made up that word). So I'll critique it as if it was totally unrelated to anything ever.
I like that each line in this poem ends with punctuation. It gives it a more heartfelt feel, maybe? I'm not totally sure if that's the right word. This poem has character of an emotionally scarred person on the brink of insanity. It seems that the narrator feels trapped by the broken relationship, and that he/she will be stuck fixing it forever. The flow of this one is okay, I guess, but I don't think it's as good as your nameless poem. But I realize it's a song as well as a poem, so it's understandable that the rythym would be a little strange. Overall, this one is good, but a little off in terms of rythym.

I'm running out of time, so I won't criticize your fourth poem right now. But I hope my reviews on the other three helped some, and thanks for posting here!

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Wow, I never expected someone to post a review as long as this one! :'o .. Thanks anyway. I'll try to take note to what you've said.

Anyway, this poem is a poem that I wrote a year ago, so I'm not sure if it's good, but my friend helped me write it. :D
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
This is entitled Responsible, enjoy!
Spoiler:

Aaand, another one called Change. Criticisms are greatly appreciated. ^^
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I wrote this poem when I was lurking around the library early this morning, it is definitely not my best, but it's worth writing it! It's called Burn.
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
And yet, another one! :'D .. I don't know what to call it, so it's untitled.
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I tried making a Haiku, and here's the result. :3 .. A little tribute to Japan ..
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Updating this thread everyday makes me feel that I've accomplished much. :)

Here's a new one called Alive.
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I wrote this yesterday while waiting for my Math class to end, XD
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I prefer writing whenever I am bored, words just pops out from my head like they came from nowhere. XD
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
A simple poem I wrote today, wasn't the poem that I expected but oh well! D:
Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
It was a random poem, so wasn't expecting a good review. But, nonetheless, thank you. :D

New ones coming soon ~

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Aaaah! Forgot about my poetry thread! And I shall revive it with a new poem! :D

Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
It's really been a while, hasn't it?

Anyway, back with a new poem, expect more the next following days! :D
Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I quite liked the War poem there - read nicely and had a nice atmosphere captured in it. I didn't see any mistakes either.

Favourite bit would be the line about darkness haunting those with no soul, although admittedly I would argue that it would also haunt those with a soul so maybe some rewording of the latter part would be something to consider? Not the first part though as I liked the expression of it haunt(ing). The second last line sounded a bit confusing to me as well and didn't quite link in with the last line in sound or subject imo, but otherwise I certainly enjoyed that poem. =)

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Time to revive this thread! D: .. It's been a while hasn't it?

Anyway, I'm back with a haiku! :)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Good job again Teezee! I really like your poems and haikus. :)

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Thanks, Xeb! Basically, I was really lazy to write a full-length poem so I did a haiku. XD

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I'd like to congratulate this thread for winning Poem of the Month for November! ^^;;

New poems as well as haikus soon! I'm just so busy that I don't have the time to write! D:

Back