• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
i lost my ancient gameboy sp and my ds is broke so these days when ever i play a video game i just download the rom and play it on my laptop/and or desktop. I still have a ps2 but most of the games are scratched

Pingouin_7

I don't, because I can play them on real hardware.
It's much better that way, believe me.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
i am playing right now on computer. My mom hid my Ds so i could concentrate on my studies, but she doesn't now emulators exist. *evil laugh*

and dESmuME is also a good emulator. that is what I am using right now.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
i occasionally do but most of the time playing it on my psp using a gba emulator.
i would play DS games on PC but my comp is like 10yrs old and cant even run it without lag

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
[SIZE="a"]The only emulator that I use is on my android phone so I can play GBA games without bringing a different console.[/SIZE]

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
I'm playing White and HeartGold on an emulator, because I can't afford a DS. But playing on a real console is much more enjoyable.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I can't stand playing hacks on an emulator. I prefer to use actual hardware, the way the official games were intended to be played.

faospark

web Developer
Years
I played all G1 and G2 games on the actual device but ever since i fell in love programming I started to mess around on pokemon's game data since G3 games and to this day Im still playing on emulators (from vba to DeSmuMe)

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Emulators

All of my Pokemon games and it's game systems still works, but I play old ones on PC, thanks to the speed button.

For GB/GBC games, I use TGB Dual and for GBA, I use VBA-M. (◕‿◕✿)

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
It really depends. If it is a newer game like a DS game, I usually go out and buy the game because otherwise it is considered piracy.

However, if the game is a GBA or GBC game that is no longer sold or doesn't even have the hardware sold any more, I emulate it because there is not really any other way to get it. I could get it on eBay, but it wouldn't be profiting Nintendo, therefore it would be just the same to Nintendo if I emulated the game.

So, DS no, Gameboy yes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Can anyone give me a hand in attempting to run some of the hacks on here? I attempt to run pokemon Sienna and Pokemon light platinum on visualboy advance, but i just end up getting an error saying that it is an unsupported file type, can anyone help me to figure out what is wrong, or tell me how they run the games so that i can copy them?

Back