• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why hello there.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I am, of course Gary Oak. You may know me from the popular anime or the games. You may also call me Blue or Green, your choice, however, I prefer for you not to make a big deal out of my name. Anyways I heard about this site for a while and wanted to join. I am working on a FireRed Nuzlocke on my YouTube channel jeepsollender, in which I got a Shiny Charmander, so check that out if you want.

I also heard this site is known for ROM hacking tools. My favorite is the DNS (Day/Night/Season) Which edits the hue for the overworld and in battle. I have used this in my FireRed Nuzlocke.

So that enough about me so hi. :D

Last edited:

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Hello there gary, so not a big fan of ash hey?

Anyway feel free to vm me or one of those boys in blue! M

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Hello Gary my old rival! And welcome to pc! Your into rom hacking? Then you should check out the section that is the place to know all about rom hacking! BTW.. How's being a professor?

It's fine I guess Ash, I would love to battle you again soon >:3

(Not letting me post URLs even in quotes ._.)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Look what do we have here...the old interesting rivalry! Hey Gary, you can call me Red, welcome to PC and I'm a hacker and a RPer. I'm much more a hacker. :P Working on Ash's team, as I said before, welcome to PokeCommunity!

Years
Guys, just keep in mind that this really isn't a random chat thread but instead a place to welcome new members. You're free to take the chit-chat to your profiles so things don't get as messy around here. ^^ Try not to get too off-topic or I'll have to close the thread, which I really don't want to do. D:

Anyways, hey Gary, welcome to PC! Nice to meet you~

Wow, congrats on the shiny, I've never gotten a shiny starter before so you're really lucky. Did that take you a while or was it by coincidence? Nuzlockes are really fun though and I really enjoyed it when I tried one, really does add an extra challenge to the games. :3 We have more Challenges here over at the Challenges section, so I'd recommend checking that out and trying some more after your current one, if you'd like! Maybe we'll run into each other there since I'm trying to get back into challenges myself.

And yep, you heard right! Emulation is quite popular around these parts so there's definitely a lot of tools and tutorials you can use if you plan on making your own game. But ooh, I wasn't aware there was a DNS patch to alter that sort of thing, shows how out of the loop I am. D: That sounds awesome and I might even try that when I do my next challenge! Do you have any plans to make your own game? Quite a lot of new members join up hoping to do that, so I'm sure you'll find a lot of others who would love to talk with you about ROM hacking. I would never have found out about PC if it wasn't for Shiny Gold, either! So Emulation has a special place in my heart even though I have no talent when it comes to making games. XD;

Hope you have been liking PC so far though; have a great time and do contact me or Cid (or any other staff member, really) if you need any help with anything! <3

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hi Gary0ak, sounds like you're already comfortable here :D
Once again, welcome to PokeCommunity.
You know, you might find RolePlaying interesting seeing as how you are conversing with Ashketchum24. So it might be worth your while to check out the Roleplay Corner here. Also, the Emulation Section can be found by clicking this sentence.

Congrats on the Shiny Charmander, I've never found any really cool shinies in my game without RNGing them.
Also, I believe you need to have at least 15 posts to be allowed to post urls here.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi Gary0ak, Nice to meet you. I am Wind Heart. Anyway, congrats for Shiny Charmander! And you could talk about Pokemon gaming too in Pokemon Gaming General section! I see you like the challenge, so Challenges section is for you! Good luck and have a nice day!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Gary! I completely destroyed you on the S.S Anne and you still called me weak, how dare you!? You really don't know where is your limits, do you? ;)

Anyhow, welcome to PC. I'll gladly battle you (and win again). Just message me if you ever wanna talk! ;D

Back