• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<3Hoenn Pokemon Fan Club!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
What would be your New Years Resolution if you lived in Hoenn?

Train my Pokemon even harder and also let them have their vacation on the beach after a well earned training session :)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
What would be your new years Resolution if you lived in Hoenn
It would be to get all painting in the mueseum when you win an Master level contest.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

JirachiSantaHatAccessory.png

TOPIC ANSWER!
New Topic! What is your favorite Hoenn pokemon of each type? No legendaries and pokemon can be added together if they are a pair of the same type, i.e. Plusle & Minun. Have fun!
Normal: Delcatty
Fire: Torkoal
Water: Swampert
Electric: Plusle & Minun
Grass: Breloom
Flying: Swellow
Dragon: Flygon
Ice: Walrein
Steel: Aron
Bug: Masquerain
Fighting: Makuhita
Psychic: Jirachi
Poison: Seviper
Dark: Absol
Ground: Camerupt
Rock: Solrock & Lunatone
Ghost: Duskull
Thank you, bye!

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Co-owner & devout member of the Pokecommunity

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Username: Coolysouthkid
Partner Pokemon: Treecko
Reason for joining: I love Hoenn :)
Answer the current topic!
The tropical vibe they have

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Important! Please read!

Woah woah, guys. I'm glad you got back on track again, but... Posts here are supposed to focus on the Hoenn region entirely, more specifically, the Pokemon. There are already several places where you can discuss New Years resolutions on the site, and even an entire thread dedicated to them in Other Voting Polls, so there's absolutely no need to put a topic like this in here. Now, I know it was changed to being new years resolutions in Hoenn, but that's a bit of a stretch, the damage was still done, and that is, unfortunately, not a valid topic either.

Discussion in here is supposed to focus on the Pokemon of Hoenn alone, not the region, not any characters in the games, nothing but the Pokemon. As much as I would like all the additional discussion to have a place in here, it's simply not allowed. We already have an entire forum dedicated to discussion about Hoenn and everything else generation III related, and allowing people to discuss the exact same things in here first of all has a chance of reducing the activity of that forum, which isn't something we're aiming for at all, and is second of all, completely unnecessary.

Now don't be alarmed, no one will be punished for anything, since it is quite a harder club to deal with, especially since everyone might not be aware of how the generation clubs work, but please keep to the topic of the club. I'd still love to see you all as active as you've been up till now, but just be wary of the topics you discuss, and stay on topic of the Hoenn Pokemon :)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yes sorry, however this is on topic with the Pokemon since the topic is currently "What is your favorite Hoenn Pokemon of each type" however to make sure, nobody answer to the New Years Resolution in Hoenn topic, or the Favorite Gym Badge topic the points will no longer be counted for the two, thank you Olli97 and goodbye.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Co-owner & devout member of the Pokecommunity

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My favorites of Hoenn Pokemon are...

Normal: Linoone
Fire: Blaziken
Water: Wingull
Electric: Electrike
Grass: Grovyle
Dragon: Altaria
Ice: Snorunt
Steel: Metagross
Bug: Beautifly
Fighting: Makuhita
Psychic: Gardevoir
Poison: Roselia
Ground: Flygon
Rock: Aron

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
These are my favorites.

Normal: Zangoose
Fire: Camerupt
Water: Sharpedo
Electric: Manectric
Grass: SCEPTIL---Umm Sceptile.
Dragon: Salamence
Ice: Spheal
Steel: Beldum
Bug: Ninjask
Fighting: Breloom
Psychic: Ralts
Poison: Swalot
Ground: Trapinch
Rock: Armaldo
Ghost: Banette ( So creepy. o_o'')

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Normal: Slakoth
Fire: Groudon
Water: Kyogre
Grass: Sceptile
Dragon: Rayquaza
Ice: Glalie
Bug: Beautifly
Fighting: Hariyama
Poison: Dustox
Ground: Swampert
Rock: Aggron
Ghost: Banette

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Sign-Up Form
Username: MichaelSK16
Partner Pokemon: Torchic
Pokemon Nickname: Niko (Male)
Reason for joining: Gen III is my favorite Gen and holds a spot in my heart.

I think in the case of Hoenn, the Pokemon were so unique because they added such a huge variety of Pokemon. There were Pokemon like Tropius (A giant tree dragon-giraffe thing) Wailord (A whale) Blaziken (A chicken-man thing) Metagross (uhm....a giant paperweight?) and the dragons (Flygon, Rayquaza, Salamence, Latios, Latias) Not to mention the fact that they added arguably the greatest Pokemon of all time....sableye. Sableye and Spiritomb are the only two with no weaknesses, but Sableye looks cooler. :P
So to some it all up, Hoenn is unique because of the huge variety of Pokemon offered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Normal: Zigzagoon- Two words: Pick Up.
Fire: Blaziken- My first starter<3
Water: Ludicolo- 4x water resistance.
Electric: Plusle/Minum- Cuteness overload
Grass: Breloom- Kickass
Flying: Pelipper- H.M Slave
Dragon: Latios- Very useful
Ice: Snorunt- Good enough
Steel: Metagross- The only one i can think of.
Bug: Shedinja- Wonder guard.
Fighting: Medicham- Fighting/Psychic type.
Psychic: Jirachi- Do you need a reason?
Poison: Seviper- Looks awesome.
Dark: Absol- Seriously high Attack
Ground: Groudon- The lava king.
Rock: Armaldo- Good movepool.
Ghost: Shuppet- Cute as hell.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Username: Urugamosu
Partner Pokemon: Torchic!
Pokemon Nickname: Flambo
Reason for joining: Because the third generation games were just as great assort, with all of the new features it added, and the differences to all of the games before it. It also had an actual story, compared to the little one the second generation had.
Answer the current topic! Well, Hoenn pokémon actually looked true to their region. It looked like Wingulls were by beaches and Wailmers by the sea. It stayed true to the Island Hoenn is, and I respect that.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
My favorites are here. =3

Normal: Kecleon
Fire: Blaziken
Water: Swampert
Grass: Sceptile
Flying: Tropius
Dragon: Salamence
Ice: Glalie
Bug: Dustox
Fighting: Hariyama
Ground: Flygon
Rock: Aggron
Ghost: Banette

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I'd like to join, if I could! ^-^

Username: waveguidebuizel
Pokemon Nickname: Yew
Reason for joining: Hoenn is my favorite region, and a large part of that is probably because I really like a lot of the pokémon that inhabit it.
Current Topic Answer:
I don't know for sure. I guess I like the diversity of the Hoenn pokémon, yet they still appeal to me. Also, there are loads of pokémon that are suited to the different types of environments in Hoenn, which is probably the most interesting region geographically. The desert has pokémon like Trapinch and Cacnea, the tropical area has Tropius, the ash-filled route has Spinda, etc.

I'll also answer the favorites of each type, in case that's the current topic I'm supposed to answer:

Normal: Skitty
Fire: Numel
Water: Marshtomp
Electric: Electrike
Grass: Treecko
Dragon: Altaria
Ice: Snorunt
Steel: Jirachi
Bug: Surskit
Fighting: Combusken
Psychic: Ralts
Dark: Cacturne
Ground: Vibrava
Rock: Aron

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Username: The_Mew
Pokemon Nickname: Trickz
Reason for joining: I love Hoenn pokemon as much as pikachu loves ketchup. If the Pokemon world really existed, i would definitely live in Hoenn
Answer the current topic: What makes Hoenn Pokemon so special? Well, I think the pokemon from Hoenn are special because of their purity, Most of them are elegant creatures and they are really something apart from the others, Pokemon like Absol and Tropius, for example, they are pokemon without any other evolutions and as far as i know, almost no trainer in Gen 4 and 5 used those pokemon (although there are many more of those, like volbeat and wailmer). Also, their colouring is really special to me, for some reason. :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I've got a new topic for you all:
What kind of Hoenn Pokemon of the same-type of your Starter Pokemon you will choose if you can't choose your Hoenn Starter Pokemon?

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
Pokemon Nickname: Swamp
Reason for joining: I joined the Pokemon craze around the time of Gen III so everyone who played it were talking about the Hoenn Pokemon. I was into PMD, but the Gen III Pokemon were just amazing!
I think Hoenn Pokemon are unique as they are the first Pokemon not available in another region at the time, and were introduced in a rather hot place in general, something which hasn't really been done except for parts of Unova and Cinnabar Island. Also, LOADS of legendaries were released including a handful of my favourites, Lati@s, Rayquaza and Regis.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
What kind of Hoenn Pokemon of the same-type of your Starter Pokemon you will choose if you can't choose your Hoenn Starter Pokemon?

Fire: Torkoal
Water: Ludicolo
Grass: Breloom

There's no other fire/fighting, water/ground or last evolution grass only type Pokemon in Hoenn, so it's kinda hard :C

lewieboy124

Partner Pokemon: Treeko
Pokemon Nickname: None
Reason for joining: Pokemon Sapphire was my first pokemon game and I have always loved this generation of pokemon since.
Answer to current topic....
I would choose Seedot if I couldn't choose Treeko because it eventually evolves into an awesome pokemon if you give its first evolution, Nuzleaf, a leaf stone: Shiftree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back