• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Draw-a-Thon!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
ZAoEIMq.png

OID7yYQ.png

Welcome, one and all, to PokeCommunity's very own Art Contest, the Draw-a-Thon! Hosted by none other than Meganium90 and ANARCHit3cht. What is this contest, you may ask? Well, it's obviously an art contest, but what type of art? Traditional of course. For this contest, you will need to draw a picture that fits this year's theme (posted below). You can draw digitally, or by using colored pencils, crayons, paint, etc! As long as it fits the theme, it's great! Any level of artistic creativity is always welcome to enter the Draw-a-thon!​

klwEd1A.png

This year's theme will be on:
tumblr_monbs0f9ay1s0ngdco1_500.gif
What do you like about the season of summer? Vacation? Beaches? Barbeque? There's endless things to do during the summer season, and your task is to draw a picture that represents what YOU like about summer.​

KqaW8kx.png

Entries will be accepted between 12:00 am GMT +5 July 5th to 12:00 AM GMT +5 July 8th. Judging will occur on July 8th and we will bring results in either on the night of July 8th (GMT+5) or July 9th depending on entries.

Deadline has been extended. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM EDT July 9th. Judging will occur on July 10th, and will bring in results on that same day. See announcement for full details & London/Australian times..

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Judging has begun & will bring results by July 10th 11:59 pm EDT

wYryloQ.png

Of course, for every event, we gotta have rules, right? Failure to follow will result in disqualification.

~All pieces of art must be drawn & must be recent – please do not submit graphics such as banners, icons or pixel art. Do not submit artwork that was done in previous contests or done in the past. Your entry must be for this contest only. [Edit 7/6/13: All art must be drawn by you. Do not use outside images].
~Art must comply within PC Rules – as in, no profane, inappropriate, or violent pieces of artwork.
~Plagiarism is strictly prohibited – anyone caught stealing someone's artwork without any consent whatsoever shall be disqualified and infracted upon the PC staff's discretion.
~Make your artwork count! - Yes, it is a short get-together this year, but as a suggestion, try to add effort to your work. "Scribblework" or two-minute drawings or stick figure drawings count as little effort and we as hosts will ask you to edit.
~Regarding Pokemon and other fandom artwork – as long as it fits the theme, they are accepted! Remember, this contest isn't strictly for Pokemon...so if you want to draw something that relates to the theme, you can!
~One entry per person – Please do not submit more than one piece of artwork. If you do, only the first piece will be accepted as an entry.
~For digital artists, use your brushes in strict moderation – as mentioned in the previous rule above, all artwork must be drawn and use of graphics such as icons is prohibited. We're not saying you can't use any brushes, but be sure you limit your usage on them.​

MqHHjbx.png

There will only be winner and participant emblems for this contest, plus a secret emblem. But we won't tell you about that! ;)​

Winner:
87hBCTK.png

C'est Magnifique!
You did it, magnificent artist! Your artwork won PC's Draw-a-Thon, which earned you this special emblem. Great job, and keep doing art!

Participants:
APHn3Ob.png

Artista Fantastica!
No matter if you won or not, you've contributed to the world of art and this emblem proves that you are a great artist no matter what! Thanks for participating at PC's Draw-a-Thon!

IqbFrtn.png

Fill in the form inside the spoiler tag along with your entry, and post in this thread!

If you are entering a picture drawn by pencils, crayons, paint, etc., you can either scan the picture or take a picture with a camera and upload it to an image-hosting site (imgur is recommended!)

Be sure the image is spoilered (using
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Random/weird question: Swimming is something related to summer. So if someone were to draw a beach/swimming scene/related drawing, what would be too inappropriate as for swimsuits or clothing go? There's some bikinis that could be considered too risque for a forum, so that's why I'm wondering. Should it be relatively modest (or for swimsuits at least) ? Or would something like that not be PC appropriate at all?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Lol okay then. I was thinking of a beach scene then , most likely a Pokemon themed one or just general anime characters.

Years
May we submit large pixel art pieces for the digital that depicts a scenery? It seems like it would reduce the anti-aliasing effects of brushes.

Example of a pixel art scenery (Google Search Image)
Spoiler:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I'll join!
Just a question. Is it ok if i will not color my drawing??? (Coz i really suck at coloring)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^photoshop won't convert it to .png, so I would leave it as is. :)

Loving both of your entries so far! If anyone plans to enter, YOU SHOULD. Because the contest will end at 12:00 am July 8th! That's all day and all night today, so get those entries goin'! :D

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I'm entering this c: My entry is almost finished~ (worked two hours on it xD)

I just need to color it and then i'll scan/make a photo of it ^^

Years
^photoshop won't convert it to .png, so I would leave it as is. :)

Loving both of your entries so far! If anyone plans to enter, YOU SHOULD. Because the contest will end at 12:00 am July 8th! That's all day and all night today, so get those entries goin'! :D

Sorry.. how many hours would that be from right now? I just have to finish coloring it.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Username: PinkSapphire
Artwork:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Username: Anglican
Artwork:
Spoiler:

Desc:There's a blue box on a beach...
Note: I had to upload this in a semi-finished state - I'm going away today and didn't have time to finish it :/ Apologies. And, frankly, I suck at art..

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hope I'm not too late.

Username: Kip
Artwork:
Spoiler:

Short description or caption: Mudkip love summer, but only in swamps where they cover their skin with mud to for protection. They burn easy, see. This one ain't in a swamp... and he's feeling the heats.

...goddamit, it's hot today. @_@

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Announcement!

Due to short of time, and people needing more time to get their entries in, I have decided to extend the contest until Tuesday July 9th 11:59 PM EDT (7:59 am London time/1:59 pm Eastern AST July 10th). Judging will occur on July 10th/11th and results will be posted on the same day.

If you have posted an entry, you have the option to edit your entry until the new deadline. New entries are still being accepted!

Back