• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Mirage Island

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Mirage_Island_RSE.png

When you talk to an old man inside one of the houses at Pacifidlog Town each and everyday, he will tell you whether or not he is able to see this mysterious island called Mirage Island. Mirage Island is home to a single Liechi Berry as well as is flooded with Wynaut ranging from level 5 to 50.

Every day, a random number between 0 and 65535 is generated by the game. If this number matches the last two bytes of the personality value of any of the Pokémon in the party (that is, the remainder when their personality value is divided by 65536), Mirage Island will appear for that day. (Quoted from Bulbapedia)

Have you ever been told that he is able to see Mirage Island? Have you ever been to that elusive island? How did you make that island appear?

Discuss!

Years
Nope, I've never gone to the mirage island. If you have a Liechi berry, then Mirage island is useless though the concept is interesting.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I never went to the Mirage Island either. If it had Pokemon like Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Azurill alongside Wynaut, it would've been more interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Unfortunately, I've never been able to visit Mirage Island. I always wanted to, though. I knew that the only thing special about the place were Liechi berries, but I still wanted to go. xD I wanted to be there live and in person, see how it actually looks, and experience its atmosphere. Oh, and I also heard that Wynaut live there. If I was ever able to go that island, then I probably would've caught a few of these cuties to trade them with my friends later.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yes, Mirage Island in a way saved my life.
It gave me the Liechi Berry, which I used to make Lv. 50 Gold Pokéblocks, and then easily evolve Feebas. As well as win that beauty contest with Wailord (My Wailord's gorgeous, apparently).

No, Mirage Island was the worst place in the wold. Kill it with fire.

Wynauts ranging from 20-40 (If memory serves right)... not a problem. Too much grass... nah, not a problem. The Wynauts, btw, have Shadow Tag. I'm never coming back. (Ohh it's possible to avoid the grass apparently, I shoulda known)

Dark Zapdos

Arose from Darkness
Years
I was lucky enough to get to mirage island by the sound of things, didn't no it was so rare to happen, as I was going to go capture rayquaza, i bumped into it, didn't have a hole lot on it though but I guess getting it to appear is reward in it's own way.

Sirfetch’d

I tried everyday for the longest time to have this island appear. I would ask the man with anticipation that he would actually say that the island was there. Sadly he never did. I have now given up on adventuring on this elusive island as it isn't worth the trouble anymore. It's a really cool feature, but needed to be much easier to have happen, haha.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yes, I was led to believe that I would obtain a legendary from it one that was not in the Pokedex... never have I hoped so much and that the hope that I had was crushed to nothing... Wynauts... Wynauts everywhere.
I didn't get the berry either XD

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I've only been there once. I didn't know much about it, so I didn't know what to expect. I never used the Liechi Berry and I didn't catch any Wynaut, so...

Years
I actually flew to Pacifidlog Town on a daily basis back when I played Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to see if Mirage Island had appeared, but I have never been able to go to it because the old man never spotted it :(

Years
Considering I didn't care much about the berry and had no desire to face all those Wynaut, I was always disappointed that I never got to see Mirage Island before my internal battery dried up. I think it was just the fact that I could say that I'd been there that was more exciting than anything for me.

And much like Zach, I flew to Pacifidlog Town basically every day to talk to the old man, and left empty handed each time.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I've never been there, though my friend go there via hacking. I think it's an interesting concept, but it should have been easier to reach as well as factored into the story more. Where did it come from? Why is it a mirage? Why are the only Pokemon Wynaut? In the Pokemon Special manga, it is mentioned that time flows differently on the island, and it can only be accessed when the time there is flowing at the same rate as the rest of the world. This isn't game canon however.

Years
I tried and tried but was never able to see it. iirc my friend managed to see the island though, and that made me a bit jealous as a kid. ;C One of these days hopefully I'll actually see the darn thing, haha.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I've never seen the Mirage Island.
But to be honest, I've seen it in YouTube, there's nothing interesting, at all.
So I don't even want to go to that island.

blue

gucci
Years
Nooo, I've never visited Mirage Island before and in fact I don't even remember attempting to go there. It never served any interest to me as I was more focused on the storyline than anything.

Back