• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ***IMPORTANT*** Game Breaking Glitch in Lumiose City

Years
Hello everyone,

I'm writing this to inform you all that there is a game-breaking glitch that may cause you to restart the entire game. The glitch has to do with saving in certain parts of Lumiose City, which may cause your game to freeze entirely and not be accessible until restarted. That's the best I can explain the glitch as of now, but here are a few videos showing what occurs after saving in a few parts of Lumiose City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxQhXyLJQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLv4IpZBulI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a70QhOI0TI

Hope that this thread can be stickied, so that it can be viewed by everyone visiting this section. Send in your e-mails to Nintendo so that this can hopefully be patched!

Edit: Don't know how accurate this is, but people are saying that the glitch is to occur if you save near a cab in Lumiose City, then shut your game off.

Edit: Some reports say that the glitch occur if you save outside of Lumiose City, meaning saving on the streets/sidewalks of the city, and not saving inside a building such as the lab or the Pokemon Center.

Mod Edit: ***NEW***
lumiosemap.jpg

This is from Serebii; According to them:

"12:26: Nintendo have issued a press release about the Lumiose City save bug, where the game can glitch out if you save in the boulevards of Lumiose City. They issued a map of where not to save, indicated by the blue gradient, and have stated that they are working on a fix and recommend saving in the buildings of Lumiose City if you have to save in the city at all"

EDIT: October 25, 2013; there is now an update available that will prevent your game for being damaged should you save in Lumiose City. Here's the link on how to go on about installing the new update: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...2LzEvdGltZS8xMzgyNzE4OTkyL3NpZC9zSTM1dkhEbA==

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure never to save there.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
That's quite dangerous. But I'm going to ask: Did that person download the game? Because I've heard that those who download the game from the E-shop was the only one having problems.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
A reply about 4 minutes ago on one of the video links from Dylan Wilson

Dylan Wilson said:
Alright, so it just happened to me on X, and somehow I fixed it. What I did is start up the cartridge, and play around in mystery gift a lot. I tried all the options in it and put all 1s for the Get With Code option. Then I started up a second 3DS which was already registered as one of my friends. In the mean time, I rebooted a LOT. After all that, it just started working again. I'm going to break my secondary copy (Y) and see if I can narrow down what fixed it.
So it's fixable.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The real question is, why are so many people saving in this exact same place? Glad it seems fixable though. No need to panic people.

Unless... SPOILERS?!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also, if this is only on the downloadable version, then Nintendo can patch it. Provided the cartridge version is not affected. in which case early buyers forever have a bugged game.

Reactions: Sun

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Also, if this is only on the downloadable version, then Nintendo can patch it. Provided the cartridge version is not affected. in which case early buyers forever have a bugged game.

Actually Cartridges are Patchable as well
Both my Mario Kart 7 and Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros Cartridges have the v1.1 Patch
Which I Downloaded from the eShop

Years
That's quite dangerous. But I'm going to ask: Did that person download the game? Because I've heard that those who download the game from the E-shop was the only one having problems.

There are people with the cartridges that are having the same problem as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Looks like I'll be waiting for the Z version. I feel bad for anyone who transferred their Black/white Pokemon to X and Y just to experience this.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Looks like I'll be waiting for the Z version. I feel bad for anyone who transferred their Black/white Pokemon to X and Y just to experience this.

You don't need to feel bad for anyone because transferring old pokemon won't be available until December. Good thing there will be time to fix this before anyone loses loads of their older pokemon.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
From a youtube comment:
A friend of mine who had this problem said to remove your SD card, then boot the 3DS and X/Y normally.
Also confirmed to be present with physical and digital copies of the game. Hope Game Freak fixes it ASAP, this is a serious problem.

Also, somehow Lumoise City manages to be worse.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Has it been identified where in Lumiose City the problem occurs? I want to obviously avoid saving in those locations.

At least, if it's in the south, it affects a very small segment of game (one Gym completed). I'm playing leisurely as usual and am catching everything I see (including several variants of Flabébé, and still haven't even seen the SECOND Gym. Looks like they are indeed trying to make the Gym Leaders more powerful than in prior generations.

Frozthax

Youtube partner
Years
Has it been identified where in Lumiose City the problem occurs? I want to obviously avoid saving in those locations.

At least, if it's in the south, it affects a very small segment of game (one Gym completed). I'm playing leisurely as usual and am catching everything I see (including several variants of Flabébé, and still haven't even seen the SECOND Gym. Looks like they are indeed trying to make the Gym Leaders more powerful than in prior generations.

in the town where you get your bike, go up the road once(you can go up and on top is a cave)
but when you went up once, just keep riding towards the screen
its a gym in the mountain..it took me a damn long time finding it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
in the town where you get your bike, go up the road once(you can go up and on top is a cave)
but when you went up once, just keep riding towards the screen
its a gym in the mountain..it took me a damn long time finding it.
I don't follow. Is the gym another place that can cause this glitch?

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
Years
Like I posted in the glitches topic, this happened to me in my physical copy of Y. I went ahead and restarted since I luckily wasn't that far yet. The road I saved on was the first one when you arrive, just outside the lab and Pokemon center. I'm just going to avoid saving in that city at all from now on, though.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Maybe it only does it with some regions of the game because I have tested it, I have saved it everywhere in Lumiose City and It hasn't frozen once

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Dang, that glitch sucks! And here I was thinking MissingNo made a return.
Thanks for the heads up!

Back