• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash Be Replaced?

Years
As long as Pokémon shall continue, so shall Ash. He is irreplaceable, so as to think that another fellow cannot be like Ash. He is unique, as such. He acts like a total n00b after entering the next region, true, but that's just to affect the thing like, he can easily swipe the Pokémon League if he remains an expert. In other ways, his childishness and goof-ups can be emulated upon to think of what NOT to do. It all mixes well in the series, so to speak.
I agree with you. Just as he becomes brain washed about old past. That does not means he cannot beat anyone. That is just the idea of Pokemon company how are they handling this as well as Ash's age which always remains same in a new season

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
OMG, Ash should have been out years ago. The whole pokemon master thing is getting so annoying. Just grow up, Ash! If there gonna continue the anime thing, at least get a different character!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Yes. I feel like the anime needs a completely fresh new start. Honestly, Ash went downhill after the Hoenn saga and personally I can't stand seeing him catch horrible Pokemon and lose championships. Although I really wish Ash would be replaced, its highly unlikely. He's like the anime series mascot, and has been around since the beginning. I think that changing him at this point would be kind of a waste.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
It wouldn't be the same if Ash was replaced. Usually when any anime or movie replaces someone they have had for a while it doesn't end up good. I am not saying they will lose many fans, no because Pokemon is massive. However in Beyblade in the new season that was shown in Japan for now they replaced Jinga I doesn't look as good because you were already used to the previous cast members. All they need to do is give Ash the experience he should have at this point and make him older but still have him maintain to be challenged even if it is a new trainer against him that he has never met before. That's my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without Ash..
Look up 'Gym Badge Heroes' and watch the 'Trainer' video - you'll see what I mean

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
All I know is when I hear him in the commercials, I want to pull my hair out lol.

"Do your best! That's the spirit!!" -_-

Perhaps a new voice actor would do wonders.

Captain Falcon

Gotta go fast
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
He's overstayed his welcome.
The next season should start fresh with new characters.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
I just want a Dawn and May spinoff slice-of-life show that airs on midnight. I don't want to watch Ash all the time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't think it'd matter if they replace Ash with someone else. I don't even think that it's Ash who's the problem. It's more like his character is way to underdeveloped. Exchanging him with another character would end in introducing another person with the same underdeveloped personality.

Should Ash be replaced? I dunno, I mean I don't care the anime anymore. Replacing Ash would be useful, if they changed the whole theme of the series (make it more dark/mature; won't happen, I know).

In short: if Ash goes, the anime, as we know it, is gone, too.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I think most of the people who want to replace Ash are simply annoyed by his absent mindedness and childish behavior. However, the anime is meant for younger kids and, realistically, there's no reason to replace him. Not from a marketing standpoint, nor from a fan-oriented one. He's the face of the anime and always should be IMO.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 3, 2017
I subscribe to the notion that they should at least showcase a new main character to share the screen with ash, turning Ash into a supporting character instead. Using the male/female characters from the games as main protagonists would be a capital idea. Alternatively they should at least develop Ash physically to acknowledge the passage of time.

Pikachu should also either evolve or be sidelined. He isn't even viable in competitive battling.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Get him out of here! Yes, the anime is targeted to kids and whatnot, but my opinion is what matters in this post.

Tell you what, make the Yveltal/Xerneas Movie about how Ash gets killed by Xerneas and how a new main character is introduced to carry the mantle and "avenge" Ash's death by teaming up with Yveltal or something....haha!!! (Of course this won't happen....I don't wanna hear about how ridiculous this is kids!)

Years
Ash was a great character for a while but at this point he's gotten kind of tedious to watch. We've had a long ride with him on the show; more than fifteen years have passed and methinks it's about time for a new protag. So yeah, I'd like to see him replaced. :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Maybe my answer would be both? I do like Ash and I want to see him in the newer seasons but not forever. Maybe they could change the protagonist ( I think? ) as Ash's Son ( or maybe daughter ) or to another character. I respect other people wanting the Protagonist to be changed and I, too became a little bit tired of seeing Ash. But if the Pokemon Franchise doesn't want to change it, I respect them. Maybe they could just make Ash's Age Right.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Ash shouldn't be replaced, The main reason why i think he shouldn't because he has done so much for the world of pokemon. I believe it is time he grew up. In my opinion i think he should of gotten a year older each season. hopefully one day they will stop betraying he has an inexperienced trainer. and finally let him fulfil he's goal as becoming a pokemon master.

Back