• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I could see that happening. Have them reveal the typing, then have CoroCoro come in in a couple of weeks to give us a more detailed reveal of Sylveon?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, perhaps give us a actual type chart after the reveal of Sylveon's type? And maybe show off any Pokemon that will have the new type if any old one's do, and if any of the mascots have said type.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I'm guessing there won't be any ground-breaking stuff revealed on Pokémon Smash in the near future.
Sylveon's new type they want to hype up more, of course. So it's likely that we'll just be seeing some random little details or in-game areas each week. Perhaps nothing huge, but I bet it'll be fun to watch anyway.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'll keep an ear out for the news weekly, but they'll possibly just rehash old news or release a new video or screenshot each week. Just because they promise news weekly doesn't mean it'll be major.

In the final couple of weeks prior to release, they'll push the games hard, I'm sure, and they will likely use video from the actual game as it's by that point a final product being shipped to stores to hide in the storeroom until release. I also learned, with New Super Mario Bros. 2, that there is a way for Nintendo to tell if people are playing the games earlier than intended release, which really inconvenienced me when the release date was a Sunday (for that game) and I was in town on the Saturday. Joy.

Cyclone

Years
If there's any major changes yet to be announced, I'm sure the E3 presentation will include it instead of Smash.

Smash will probably let a few small details out, but as previously said I think it will mostly just be old news.

Years
Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.

I said the same thing at some point back when X/Y were announced! (Not at all saying "dood u stol mi idea", just expressing the SHEER EXTENT to which I agree, haha :P)

Pokémon Stadium/2 did this; the Pokémon cries weren't made with 8-bit sounds, rather with more realistic animal sound effects, that still very much resemble the original cries. While it worked better for some Pokémon than for others, it would definitely be a feature that would work well with the new 3D Pokémon graphics, to help keep the battles feel a little more authentic. I can't remember if they've shown any of the older Pokémon's cries in the various XY videos though, so you never know!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.

I agree completely. It'd be cool to see the cries updated to the current instrument set, instead of relying on the old 8-bit set that they still currently use. Of course keep all of the same pitches and everything, but with updated sounds they would all sound so much higher quality and would match the games better. It's definitely something I've been hoping for for awhile.

Years
I agree completely. It'd be cool to see the cries updated to the current instrument set, instead of relying on the old 8-bit set that they still currently use. Of course keep all of the same pitches and everything, but with updated sounds they would all sound so much higher quality and would match the games better. It's definitely something I've been hoping for for awhile.

Same too, one thing to notice is that the diversity of sounds used for Pokemon cries have been improving every new generation. For example, try comparing the 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon cries to those of 4th/5th Gen Pokemon and you'll notice how different they all look. I do hope X & Y keep all the current cries but maybe update them to the latest technology.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
They haven't a reason to change them, but they shouldn't make them feel out of place in such a higher-technology game than RBY

blue

gucci
Years
4sfh4p.png

I reeally hope this means Corphish and Crawdaunt are part of the Kalos Pokedex since they're a great pair of Water types, perhaps in the Costal area of the Region?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I said the same thing at some point back when X/Y were announced! (Not at all saying "dood u stol mi idea", just expressing the SHEER EXTENT to which I agree, haha :P)

Pokémon Stadium/2 did this; the Pokémon cries weren't made with 8-bit sounds, rather with more realistic animal sound effects, that still very much resemble the original cries. While it worked better for some Pokémon than for others, it would definitely be a feature that would work well with the new 3D Pokémon graphics, to help keep the battles feel a little more authentic. I can't remember if they've shown any of the older Pokémon's cries in the various XY videos though, so you never know!

Totally stole your idea. ;P

I can't remember much as far as the cries go for Pokémon Stadium, but if it is true then I would love it to be implemented. I realised just how much I love the more realistic cries when playing through Black 2 (which I still haven't finished). One of the NPCs in a Pokémon centre had a Ducklett, and instead of groaning its name like it would in the anime series it gave out a "Kwack!".

It just made me think about how I'd much prefer Pokémon to have cries like that, rather than the mechanical 8-bit squeels they make now. Update them, and possibly tweak a couple, but generally keep them the same.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
4sfh4p.png

I reeally hope this means Corphish and Crawdaunt are part of the Kalos Pokedex since they're a great pair of Water types, perhaps in the Costal area of the Region?

Seems pretty likely. They didn't really demo many Pokémon for trailers like this that weren't in the games, so it seems likely. I'm loving all the Hoenn Pokémon that are showing up though. They didn't get enough love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back