• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Locations

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
800px-Hoenn_ORAS.png

While exploring the Hoenn Region during your adventures in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, you visit a lot of interesting places. Which locations in Hoenn are some of your favorites?

I love Fortree City. It seems so peaceful and walking above the trees is pretty cool!​

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My favorite was Sootopolis and how it was inside a crater. If I lived anywhere in Hoenn this is the place I would choose.

I also liked Pacifidlog Town and how it's seemingly floating in the ocean, but you can find out it's actually floating on top of Corsola.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Slateport City is my favorite. It has a nice harbor where ships and boats come and go, a lighthouse near the south of Slateport that illuminates the sea for passing ships, a cute market, an Oceanic Museum, and a Battle Tent which I enjoy participating in.

BlueRose04

Running towards Happiness!!!
Years
The abandoned ship... there was always something mysterious about it

Does it count though?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
My favorite was Sootopolis and how it was inside a crater. If I lived anywhere in Hoenn this is the place I would choose.

I also liked Pacifidlog Town and how it's seemingly floating in the ocean, but you can find out it's actually floating on top of Corsola.

For some reason I always seem to forget about Pacifidlog Town! Good choice!

Slateport City is my favorite. It has a nice harbor where ships and boats come and go, a lighthouse near the south of Slateport that illuminates the sea for passing ships, a cute market, an Oceanic Museum, and a Battle Tent which I enjoy participating in.

Slateport is definitely on my list of favorites!

The abandoned ship... there was always something mysterious about it

Does it count though?

It does! Interesting choice.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Personally:

Sky Pillar
kind of a given. I love Rayquaza, I love the bike puzzle, I love climbing up there to get green snek to go fuck up t-rex: volcano edition and me: Pokémon edition (ahaha geddit I'm fat), I love everything about it.

Battle Frontier (the actual overworld)
Something nostalgic about just sitting there and remembering the times where I was a kid and would pick up Charizard in the Factory just to be able to use a Hoenn starter.

Meteor Falls
that music is just gorgeous. It really is. The waterfalls, too, and smacking up Steven postgame.

Route 119
Shitton of bike puzzles, rain, bigarse river, Feebas, what's not to love?

Route 105
Quaint little place with Regice and some small islands. You never really notice it, but it's a nice spot.

Route 115
One of those hidden areas. Well, part of it is. Finding the little foresty part only accessible by Surf was pretty cool. Decent spot to grind midgame, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: noa

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Pacifidlog Town! I just find it so magical! Living your entire life on the ocean sounds so nice. And it wouldn't be too much trouble to ride the waves all the way to Slateport if I needed a change of pace, and then Fly back. The whole mystery with Pacifidlog and Mirage island is quite interesting too.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Fortree City! How cool would it be just to live in a nice and shady town in the treetops? Uh, pretty damn cool! It's so quaint and peaceful too. I just love it <333 Not to mention it is really close to those Castform!

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
Hoenn is my favorite region when it comes to locations. As for my overall favorite location, I have to second some of the posts above and say that I love Fortree City.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The long route from Mauville to Fortree is super neat ^^ So adventurous, with the Weather Institute in the middle making sure you're not all pokémon'd out halfway ahah.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
I tend to run between Fortree City and Lilycove frequently (Route 120)! I like the crazy weather and ALWAYS make my Secret Base in the location behind the girl with the Milotic, where you have to use cut to get to it ;) I like that I can plant my own little berry garden too haha. Also, There's a gentleman you can battle with just outside of Lilycove that will give you up to 20,000 for beating him (and sometimes a gold nugget to boot). Also, I love that you can see the night sky in the puddles/ponds.
Side note: Hoenn is also my favorite game for locations. I just wish they had a place with snow too (Not just Shoal Cave).

Last edited:
Years
Idk, i'd have to go with sotopolis city (yah, i forgot the first name), because i find it beautiful.
Would be so cool to live one of these water towns.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I really liked Mauville City and New Mauville City. I wish there was more you could do with New Mauville City because I liked that it was abandoned but I was hoping there would have been more you could explore.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I don't even know, I really love everything from the point where you first set foot on the eastern part of Route 118.

I guess it's from that route until Lilycove City.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Lilycove was always my fav. Just the music, the atmosphere of the town, it just felt so quaint and welcoming. I guess the fact that it had a department store helped, too... ;P

I also love Mt Pyre. I've always enjoyed the creepy graveyard parts of the games, and Mt Pyre fit the bill nicely. Plus the music inside was so incredibly bleak.

Back