• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red Kanto HGSS Music Reloaded Patch

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years

[CSS-DIV="color:#FFF;text-align:center;text-shadow:rgb(204, 204, 204) 0px 1px 0px, rgb(201, 201, 201) 0px 2px 0px, rgb(187, 187, 187) 0px 3px 0px, 0 3px 6px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);font-size: 2em;font-family: Helvetica, Arial;border:none;"]Fire Red Kanto Music Reloaded HGSS[/CSS-DIV]

Hello Everyone! Probably you remember the famous GoGoJJtech's HGSS music patch. Yes, the GoGo's patch is superamazing, but it has a little problem...That patch replaces the Kanto Midis for the Johto Midis.

That's why I made another version of the GoGo's patch. A new version for Kanto music lovers. This version replaces the FR midis for the HGSS midis (e.g Pallet Town from FR was replaced for the Pallet Town music of HGSS)

Do you want an example? Watch these videos:

Now you know what is the purpose of this patch.

However, some melodies from Fire Red doesn't exist in HGSS, like the Silph Co. midi. That's why I've made a list of the replaced Midis of FR. Using as base the GoGo's Patch.

Code:
265 - Johto Gym Leader Battle
266 - Johto Trainer Battle
274 - Team Rocket Encounter
276 - Route 42
282 - Bicycle theme
289 - Team Rocket Battle
290 - End Credits/Staff Roll
299 - Champion Battle
305 - Surfing
315 - Rival!
316 - Rival Appears!
317 - Pokegear Register
323 - Rival Battle
324 - Lyra encounter
325 - Ethan Encounter
326 - Pokeathlon Activity Theme 1
327 - Battle Factory Theme
328 - Battle Tower Theme
334 - Ice Path/Dark Cave
339 - Battle Ancient Pokemon
340 - Battle Ho-Oh
341 - Battle Lugia 
342 - Encounter 4
343 - Dragon's Den
344 - Battle Brain 
345 - Burned Tower
346 - Victory Road
347 - Battle Entei
348 - Battle Raikou
349 - Battle Suicune

Download Link:
Kanto Reloaded Music Patch

How can you install it?
The installation method is the same method of the GoGo's HGSS patch. First, you need to apply the .ips patch of the .rar to your FR hack, then, you need to open in a hex editor (I recommend HxD) the file "Build.bin", select and copy all the content of the file, (CTRL + A) Then, you need to open your Rom in HxD, and go to the adress 0x1000000 and paste all the content of the build.bin file, save and enjoy!

This patch use as base the GoGo's HGSS Music patch, and for listening to it in sappy the new midis you need use an specific sappy.xml to play the midis, download this .xml and replace the original xml of sappy for this (Credits to GoGoJJtech for the file)

To play in Sappy without any issues do the following: download Sappy 2006 Mod 17.1 ->
Options -> Settings -> Extra -> DirectSound Voices Limit = 12

Remember, this patch is fully compatible with progresing hacks, but for security reasons a backup of your hack is required.

If you use this patch please give credits to:
GoGoJJTech: Major credits to this guy, I use the amazing HGSS Music Patch of his as base (don't worry, GoGo's give me a fully permision to use the patch as base)
Wobbu: I use some melodies of they Emerald patch.
Ruki: (Optional) Porting and inserting the melodies.
LukeeGD: Fixing many issues of the original GoGo's patch and include the HQ mixer
ipatix: For the HQ mixer included.
[/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Awesome patch! I could of had used this for Pokemon FireRed Reborn! (Your a little too late!)

Good job. I love when people make music patches.

SentoryuRaven

The Lone-Noisy-Hairy-Beak'd Wolf!
Years
This is amazing, i love johto music the most, especially when they remake it on HG/SS

i'm so gonna use this and credit to you, kudos to you man!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Love this patch like really. This is really useful for hacks that are in need of better music c:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Not to bring down the parade, but it doesn't seem to include the music mixer which uses high quality for the DS songs. The HGSS music patch I created also has FR music, and you can easily swap around the song order. Plus it's updated with the edits I include.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2016
Not to bring down the parade, but it doesn't seem to include the music mixer which uses high quality for the DS songs. The HGSS music patch I created also has FR music, and you can easily swap around the song order. Plus it's updated with the edits I include.

How to swap the song order?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years

Ok, I don't know what are you meaning, I use your patch as base, I don't know if my patch can swap easily the song order (I'm a noob (?))

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2022
Hey guys I'm new to all of this, I am trying to do this music patch for my Fire Red Omega but I'm confused with the Hex Editing and installing the specific sappy.xml can anyone help me with this, again I'm new to this

Mystelex

This is a great patch , but it has a problem. Gogo's patch had the same problem, too. When I go into a Pokémon Center and come out , the music just stops playing and then becomes glitchy ! Any solution to this problem ?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years

Are we able to in advance map? That's what I'm currently trying to do..
Edit: Opened it in sappy and I'm not seeing additional Kanto files.

Last edited:

Jawduck

Triumphant return to Hacking!
Years
Currently trying to apply the patch. I got up to where you have to find offset 0x1000000 and i'm having trouble finding it. Using HxD. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 26, 2019
Is it possible to extend the songtable after applying the patch?

Back