• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ouch. That stings. Badly. At least you have a bunch of coverage? What with Parasect learning every meaningful TM.

Yeah... Brock was easy due to Butterfree and no Rock moves. Misty was not as bad due to Paras learning Leech Life for her Starmie. She still was tough though nonetheless. Lt.Surge was pretty much Paras or bust due to its Grass resistance. Erika was really easy but Koga was a pain with the Toxic/Psychic combo. Sabrina was tough too but Bug > Psychic helped immensely. Blaine was pure torture. If I didn't put them to sleep, I lost. Giovanni wasn't as hard thanks to Butterfree + Psychic,

Lorelei was torture(like Blaine Sleep was critical). Bruno was easy but Agatha again was a pain with Toxic/Psychic with Confusion tacked on as well. Lance was also extremely difficult from Bug's sheer lack of Physical Defense. Finally Blue was pure hell as well. How I won that Monotype was pure effing luck lol.

Years
Yeah... Brock was easy due to Butterfree and no Rock moves. Misty was not as bad due to Paras learning Leech Life for her Starmie. She still was tough though nonetheless. Lt.Surge was pretty much Paras or bust due to its Grass resistance. Erika was really easy but Koga was a pain with the Toxic/Psychic combo. Sabrina was tough too but Bug > Psychic helped immensely. Blaine was pure torture. If I didn't put them to sleep, I lost. Giovanni wasn't as hard thanks to Butterfree + Psychic,

Lorelei was torture(like Blaine Sleep was critical). Bruno was easy but Agatha again was a pain with Toxic/Psychic with Confusion tacked on as well. Lance was also extremely difficult from Bug's sheer lack of Physical Defense. Finally Blue was pure hell as well. How I won that Monotype was pure effing luck lol.

What team did you use? IIRC Beedrill isn't that bad and it has Twineedle - which is strongest Bug-Type Move in Gen I.

But speaking of monotypes, I plan on doing either Dragon or Poison monotype soon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
What team did you use? IIRC Beedrill isn't that bad and it has Twineedle - which is strongest Bug-Type Move in Gen I.

But speaking of monotypes, I plan on doing either Dragon or Poison monotype soon.

Weedle can't be caught naturally in Yellow ;). Its the only Bug Type I have to use Ditto Glitch to get. Meaning the latest I can get it is after I reach Cinnabar Island because that is the only area where Wild Ditto are found. Therefore for Brock I only have Butterfree and against Misty, the most I can have is Venonat, Paras and Butterfree. I don't get Scyther and Pinsir until I reach Fuchsia City or pony up a ton of Game corner coins for both of them.

Meaning for most of the game I only have 3 Bug Type Pokemon and none of which are that spectacular when it comes to Bug Type moves. Oh and while Twin Needle is good, against Psychic Type Pokemon(where Bug is supposed to dominate) Beedrill's Poison Typing makes it a huge liability.

Last edited:
Years
Weedle can't be caught naturally in Yellow ;). Its the only Bug Type I have to use Ditto Glitch to get. Meaning the latest I can get it is after I reach Cinnabar Island because that is the only area where Wild Ditto are found. Therefore for Brock I only have Butterfree and against Misty, the most I can have is Venonat, Paras and Butterfree. I don't get Scyther and Pinsir until I reach Fuchsia City or pony up a ton of Game corner coins for both of them.

Meaning for most of the game I only have 3 Bug Type Pokemon and none of which are that spectacular when it comes to Bug Type moves. Oh and while Twin Needle is good, against Psychic Type Pokemon(where Bug is supposed to dominate) Beedrill's Poison Typing makes it a huge liability.

I forgot that you can't catch Weedle in Yellow. It's shame. But more we talk about it, more I want to try Bug monotype on Yellow...

Years
I..uh have never completed a challenge in Pokemon. Maybe I should scour some of these threads and look into one.

Any recommendations for a first-timer?

Years
I..uh have never completed a challenge in Pokemon. Maybe I should scour some of these threads and look into one.

Any recommendations for a first-timer?

Any challenge that somehow limits roster of Pok?mon you can choose from like Monotype and Time Warp or the ones where you build team around given theme like Steven Universe and Date of Birth challenges.

Or regular Nuzlocke works to, but it usually requires a lot of grinding to complete.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nuzlockes are super fun. Just scary because you can lose xD

I should try a monotype run.

Years
Okay, monotype collab?

But the thread is now in the Art Studio... So what do you all think about pixel art? I have to make some graphics to app I'm working on and I tried to make something simple in pixel art and like it so far.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Pixel art is easily one of my top three favorite types of art out there. You really need to have a good foundation in the basics of art to pull it off successfully. It?s so simple yet reinforces the principles of art fantastically.

You should post your pixel art if you?re able too!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I have no artistic talent whatsoever. Just like I have no fashion sense and numerous other deficiencies. Its a wonder how I get through each day lol.

Years
Spoiler:

heres my art its carly rae jepsen with a sword

Pls rate but i will not acknowledge any criticism

Last edited:
Back