• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Safari Zone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
One thing that generation II lacked was a Safari Zone. Many people know that in the game's coding was a Safari Zone in the same place it was in R/B/Y. No Pokémon can be found in the grass and the only Pokémon that are available are available through fishing. This Safari Zone can not be accessed without hacking. So have you ever hacked the game to get to this Safari Zone? What Pokémon do you think should've been in the grass? Do you think the game needed a Safari Zone?

Discuss!

Spr_2c_197.gif

I'm Umbreon~

Years
I never missed the Safari Zone actually.
Perhaps because in R/B/Y, I only went to the Safari Zone to get HM 03 :p
I never entered the Safari Zone to catch Pokémon. :embarrass

Years
I didn't really miss the Safari Zone because the Bug Catching Contest was there, and in my opinion it was something better because you got to have prizes at the end.
Also, even though there is not a Safari Zone, you get to go to Kanto, what else would you want? :D

Years
I was a little disappointed that the Safari Zone was gone, but moreso because I wanted to see how much it had changed from the past games. Because you get there at such a late portion of the game, it didn't matter to me that we couldn't catch any Pokemon, since that void was filled by the Bug Catching contest. All in all, it would've been nice to see the Safari Zone return, but it didn't bother me too much that it was missing.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I did hear why there was not a Safari Zone in G/S/C was Glitch City, but I did not mind not having one in G/S/C as I only when in the Safari Zone in Yellow from a Chansey and Surf. I never went to the empty one though. Bug catching was cool though.

Guest123_x1

I don't remember hacking any of my Gen. II games to access the "hidden Safari Zone". If there was a Safari Zone in Gen. II, I'd expect it to have much of the same Pokémon that Gen. I had. In a way, I was happy there was no Safari Zone accessible in Gen. II, because catching Pokémon there is even more by chance than doing so under normal means (and it was even harder to catch Pokémon in G/S/C than R/B/G/Y).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I kind of wish I was able to hack G/S/C, it'd be nice to see the Safari Zone just once. I'd think it'd probably have the same Pokémon as in Gen I, but with stuff like Girafarig in there too. I though they were great games without it, so it wasn't that essential.

Years
..I wasn't aware you could hack into the game to enter the Safari Zone! Never did that but I was always disappointed we never had one. :( Luckily the elusive Chansey was available in Kanto so I could at least get that one. A lot of the original Safari Pokemon were available elsewhere but it just wasn't the same to be unable to enter the actual area.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I don't think we need a Safari Zone in G/S/C. You have a lot of areas on total in the two continents and I suppose they're enough to distribute the 251 Pokemons availabe in that Generation. Plus, there may have been a memory issue the fact they didn't include the Safari Zone.

Back