• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Anyone know why my advanced map connection isn't working? They are both lined up on both sides of the connection (from the town to the route and from the route to the town the connections are fine).

When I walk from the town to the route there is no problem, but when I walk from the route to the town there is an invisable wall. Any reason why this is happening? I checked the connection from the route to the town and there is a connection there so I have no idea why this is happening.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Anyone know why my advanced map connection isn't working? They are both lined up on both sides of the connection (from the town to the route and from the route to the town the connections are fine).

When I walk from the town to the route there is no problem, but when I walk from the route to the town there is an invisable wall. Any reason why this is happening? I checked the connection from the route to the town and there is a connection there so I have no idea why this is happening.

Using a-map 1.95 you get errors. I explain this everyday: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304
So open in a-map 1.92, go to the header tab, and where it says map connections write 00000000. Then go to another map and back to this one. Then edit the connections to what they previously were, and it will repoint for you. test

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Check your connections and see if there are "offset" values on the offset field.

Thank you so much DestinedJagold. :D

EDIT: My FireRed ROM is not supported but it's BPRE........ I still need a Decap. patch.......

Oh, well, if you're just starting a hack, you might as well use 11bayerf1's FR ROM Base.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
Whenever I try to insert overworlds in nse, the palette seems to change between the frames, messing up all the other frames. Does anyone know how to retain the same palette for each frame?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Whenever I try to insert overworlds in nse, the palette seems to change between the frames, messing up all the other frames. Does anyone know how to retain the same palette for each frame?

You have to keep the palette the same for each sprite. So go in irfanview and check each palette. if they are different just export 1 and import to the rest.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
You have to keep the palette the same for each sprite. So go in irfanview and check each palette. if they are different just export 1 and import to the rest.

If your working with 16x32s, you can actually make sheets and directly insert them into the rom uncompressed, and then just do some quick table editing. Then you only have to deal with one palette.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm still having problem with DNS. Even when I set DAN in battle, the day and night system still won't work after a trainerbattle (during a script).

Without DAN in battle.
Q7gdokJd6JMzuyVZCMYNGi-ngp3sOpBAD-rqlc-TNPs=w240-h160-no
GREEN+HACK+BETA_07.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png

With DAN in battle
GREEN+HACK+BETA_01.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_09.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
I was making new maps and connections in Advance Map (hacking Fire Red) and the connections were working fine when I tested them in game. Then I tried to add a new map (accidentally added it to the starter town... not sure how to add to a different map bank or delete that new map now). Anyhow, now when I test in game (even though I've triple checked all map connections) I can't leave the starter town. I try to walk out to the next map and it freezes and I have to exit the VBA. Not sure what happened. Can anyone help?

Also, when trying to go to the events tabs on one of my maps, I got this error code: "Pokemon Advance Map "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (384)" I can still go to the events tabs of other maps I have. Can anyone tell me what this code is, and how I can fix it please?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, can anyone answer me question?
Why do I always get this glitchy tile even though I followed the tutorials.
GwpSxlr.png

I don't get it. I've tried to delete some parts of it to make it smaller.

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
I want to replace the ??? -type in my game with the fairy type.
I also need to change the super-effective or not very effective attacks in my game.
Is there a way to do this?

Years
Hi, I have two questions:
1) I am using a ROM base for my hack since I like the base's tiles instead of Fire red tiles, but when I go to play my game on VBA-M I get the error in the image below.
2q2ihiq.png

How do I fix it?

2) When I try to import custom tiles, I get a green area where the tile is meant to show up. I know I have to use paint since all the tutorials I've seen use paint, but the trouble is I don't have Windows. I tried changing the colours using Photoshop (I installed WINE in Linux) but when I go to change the colour. The eraser won't change to the colour I want. It just changes to black.
Can I still insert tiles using Photoshop or do I have to use Paint in Windows?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, I have two questions:
1) I am using a ROM base for my hack since I like the base's tiles instead of Fire red tiles, but when I go to play my game on VBA-M I get the error in the image below.
2q2ihiq.png

How do I fix it?

2) When I try to import custom tiles, I get a green area where the tile is meant to show up. I know I have to use paint since all the tutorials I've seen use paint, but the trouble is I don't have Windows. I tried changing the colours using Photoshop (I installed WINE in Linux) but when I go to change the colour. The eraser won't change to the colour I want. It just changes to black.
Can I still insert tiles using Photoshop or do I have to use Paint in Windows?

You need to fix the door animation on Advance map itself.
Also, you need the correct palette for the custom inserted tile to appear.
By doing so, go read it on the tutorials.

Years
You need to fix the door animation on Advance map itself.
Also, you need the correct palette for the custom inserted tile to appear.
By doing so, go read it on the tutorials.
Ok, how do I fix the door animation?
I used the correct palette, but the tiles are still not showing up.

Last edited:

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
I also need to change the super-effective or not very effective attacks in my game.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Before you do this, are you sure you want Eggs and Curse to be fairy type?

Ok, how do I fix the door animation?
I used the correct palette, but the tiles are still not showing up.

The issue is your tileplacement. The tiles on the bottom row of a tileset are reserved to store the dorr animation. Move your tiles out of there to fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back