• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fiction request

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
What is Hoennshipping again? And will someone tell me what a beta reader is? Do they help you with your fic before you post it? If so, I want a beta reader! Volunteers?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
ProtrainerEon said:
What is Hoennshipping again?

The pairing of Ash and May.

And will someone tell me what a beta reader is?

It's a person who is willing to read through a writer's stories to spot mistakes in mechanics, spelling, and/or plotline before the writer submits that story to the public. In other words, they're editors, and as such, they need to know how to be blunt and accurate. No sugar-coated, one-liner reviews in response to fics they're betaing.

Do they help you with your fic before you post it?

Yes.

If so, I want a beta reader!

It's not an easy job. Trust me. You really have to get in there, and you really need to know the do's and don'ts of writing before even trying. I'm not saying I'm a master either. I'm just saying that I've been a beta in the past, and it was pretty tough. I had to go through everything from proofreading a rough draft for mistakes to sitting down and talking to a person about how to make their ideas work. And sometimes, I'd get the sort of writer who wanted my help but didn't listen to a single thing I said. Other times, I'd beta for a fic that would never be published, meaning I'd spend hours of my time to be there for a writer when at the end of the day, they'd flush that work down the loo.

So, yes. It's tough.

Back on topic, Magma, have you tried writing such a fanfic yourself? Sometimes, the best fanfics in a person's eyes are the ones he writes himself.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Oh. Thanks I guess. Do you know any beta readers I can consult, since I don't want to burden you with my fics? Kazeto, thanks again for the help. And of course, I'll start a Hoennshipping fic just for the fun of it. Hmmph.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Uh-no Kazeto, Hoennshipping is not Ash and May. (HEAVEN FORBID!) That's Advancedshipping.

Hoennshipping is the pairing of BRENDAN and May. You know, white hat dude in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

Franticshipping is also similar, which is Ruby and Sapphire, based off of those characters, or vice versa.

MagmaBlader, for the record, MLE is once again, on hold, but if you want, you can re-read it for your Franticshipping/Hoennshipping goodness. ^_^;;

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Hmm? Thanks AGAIN I guess. I'll get to work. I think the fic will be "I'll Be There", but I'm not sure yet. I'll change the post if I decide otherwise.

See ya, till next time! ;-)

P.S. (AUGUST 9th, 2006) I wrote the fiction. I hope folks will read.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Bell said:
Uh-no Kazeto, Hoennshipping is not Ash and May. (HEAVEN FORBID!) That's Advancedshipping.

Whoops. Ah well. The shippers themselves are just the same when it comes to... Well, actually, I won't state my opinion there.

And the white hat is actually Brendan's hair, as a side note.

Last edited:
Back