• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Watercolor Works

Gunn

horror resident
Years
A few watercolor paintings that I've done a while back. I'm showing them now because I just recently found them. It influences me to start using watercolor paintings again. I have forgotten how fun they were.

Title: The Doctor is InSANE (VIEW)

Title: Split_ (VIEW)

Title: untitled - collaboration (VIEW)

^ Now that one has an interesting history.

My friends and I were in watercoloring class together. We started added randon watercolor paints onto the table we were working on. My professor suggested that we place a sheet of paper on top of the paints and lift it up. And that's (above) what it turned out to be. Pretty neat, eh? What I see is a very calm lake, with coral and such ... and well, it seemed interesting to me.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
Heya!

Wow, I am really impressed by these! I personally find watercolour a very difficult medium to work in but you've done very well. I particularly like the second one - the idea of just the eyes with the paint splattered across like that looks great! The first one is suitably creepy as well :D

The final one does look like a lake, but when I first saw it what I thought was tiger fur, as it does look like it has that sort of pattern and texture!

Good work!

--FG

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
Wow, theyre all good! I like the semi-abstract-ness of the first one! You put all the basic info in there to tell that its a doctor, but nothing extra or unnecessary!

As for the last one ... I also see a lake! ^_^ A winter/spring lake sorta, and its raining too! It looks like reflections in the water below!

Gunn

horror resident
Years
Thank you! I plan to enter the Doctor painting in an upcoming Art Show. I'm a little nervous since it's my first time, but I have friends that shared their experience with me. So, not all that nervous. But it's comments like yours that make be become enthusiastic.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
Years
Wow... amazing. I esp. love the second one! The different colored eyes, and the splashes that seem to fit perfectly wherever they are... it's amazing. <3

Back