• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I was about to ask the same question myself Ruby-Kun.
It makes logical sense to me that the DS could work the same as the Advance Wireless adapter (except internal of course) So if you had two DS's and wanted to trade or battle between, say, Emerald and FireRed, then it would work.
Does this not work? I've never tried and I was curious since I recently acquired FireRed.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
There is nowhere on the DS to make use of the GBA link cables (nor the wireless thing that was around as well), and as mentioned the wireless singles they use differ from the GBA, so hence GBA games cannot trade to each other on the DS.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
I was wondering if it was possible to catch Skarmory at night? (in Emerald)
It's driving me nuts; I've been looking for one for about an hour and a half now...not even one encounter. I've seen millions of Spinda and Slugma that I'm sick of them..

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I was wondering if it was possible to catch Skarmory at night? (in Emerald)
It's driving me nuts; I've been looking for one for about an hour and a half now...not even one encounter. I've seen millions of Spinda and Slugma that I'm sick of them..

Skarmory is availabe at any time of the day on Route 113, but it only has a 5% chance of appearing, so just keep trying.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
What's the VBA link and how do you trade Pokemon on it? I'm not really sure about this but I've heard people talk about it and now I'm confused.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Hey there, people.

How exactly do I erase the save data on my Leafgreen/Firered again? I know it sounds pathetic of me not to remember, but I never erase my data, and I have to sell them tomorrow.

Years
Hey there, people.

How exactly do I erase the save data on my Leafgreen/Firered again? I know it sounds pathetic of me not to remember, but I never erase my data, and I have to sell them tomorrow.

On the title screen, it is Up + Select + B.

What's the VBA link and how do you trade Pokemon on it? I'm not really sure about this but I've heard people talk about it and now I'm confused.

I believe that VBA-link is a version of the VBA emulator with a plugin that allows for linking between several VBAs. Google around for it since I'm not sure I can give links here.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
I have a very simple question. ^^

I have a Nuzleaf on Ruby that I would like to evolve. (what's his evolved form... I can't remember... just that I had one in XD and he totally kicked butt) I know you need a leaf stone to evolve him. I was just wondering when a leaf stone becomes avaliable on Ruby? I found a moon stone and a fire stone. And, I'd like to know when I can find/buy a leaf stone?

Years
On Route 119 (the route with the weather institute). Start from the weather institute, cross the bridge to the right, and surf down until you find it.

You can also trade Green Shards to a man in a house in the middle of the ocean by Mossdeep for a Leaf stone. 2 Green shards are found through Diving both hidden. All others can be stolen from wild Relicanth.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
Help!!

I'm having trouble getting a Shedinja. I keep evolving Nincada into Ninjask but Shedinja doesn't appear in the spear slots.

What am I doing wrong?

The Red Chain

I'm having trouble getting a Shedinja. I keep evolving Nincada into Ninjask but Shedinja doesn't appear in the spear slots.

What am I doing wrong?

Alright..
You need to have only one spare slot. As soon as Nincada evolves into Ninjask, Shedinja should appear in the 6th slot..

Maybe do what a lot of people do, train Nincada to lvl 19, then use a Rare Candy to elevate it to level 20.
Who knows, might work better for you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
Hi...

If my Gengar were to use mean look, and then it fainted from the other pokemon's attack, would the other pokemon still be stuck in battle or would the mean look effect be broken?

Also does baton pass work when you've been mean-looked?

Years
Mean Look works as long as the Pokemon who used it is still in battle. If you used Mean Look and your Pokemon fainted, the effects of Mean Look would go away.

The opponent can use Baton Pass when Mean Looked. In addition, if you use Baton Pass while the opponent is Mean Looked, the opponent still can't switch out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
Thanks that helps a lot ^_^

I just have one more question though... I recently decided to re-ev train my gardevoir so I got a ton of the ev-lowering berries. I used them on gardevoir to reduce defense, HP, and attack until it told me that it would have no effect. So I assumed that meant those evs were empty.

Then, I went to battle frontier and bought a bunch of vitamins for special attack and speed, but I could only use two or three of each. It seemed to take quite a few berries before it told me it would have no effect, yet I could only use a couple more vitamins which give as many evs as the berries take away...so is there some sort of vitamin limit or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back