• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extreme Scripting Tutorial

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Ask in the proper thread. Anyway. I am not sure if this thread should be called EXTREME when those are things that many people knew. My opinion. The thing can be useful, of course. but it shouldn't have such name. And with the project HackMew has prepared, Pokéscript and it's scripting language will be outdated. I think it would be better to use ScriptED language, as it will make a comeback and will be even better!

It was supposed to be extreme n00b scripting tutorial, but i guess i didn't put that, or something...sorry if this bothered you...

As for that, its not like we are just going to change, like thethethethe said. I for one, am not going to change to scriptED even if pokescript will be outdated, i will probably still use it...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
For trainer color scripts, would you add something like this to it:
/c/h013?

Do you also put the unknown and var numbers in the person or script on A-Map

Last edited:

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
Hey, nice tut and all, but my XSE Doesn't know what "pausemove" is in the movement scripts. If you know how to fix, just PM me, thanks.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, nice tut and all, but my XSE Doesn't know what "pausemove" is in the movement scripts. If you know how to fix, just PM me, thanks.

If you didn't notice this is not an XSE tutorial.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
It was supposed to be extreme n00b scripting tutorial, but i guess i didn't put that, or something...sorry if this bothered you...

As for that, its not like we are just going to change, like thethethethe said. I for one, am not going to change to scriptED even if pokescript will be outdated, i will probably still use it...
Yeah. I agree with you...thethethethe left, so why don't we all leave :D
We should all jump over a bridge while we're at it!

For trainer color scripts, would you add something like this to it:
/c/h013?

Do you also put the unknown and var numbers in the person or script on A-Map
It's \c\h013 not /c/h013...You'd get a serious bug in Pokescript with that.
You put the information into trigger scripts. The only info, that I know that belongs to people (which are more commonly used) are the Movement, View radius, Script, and Person ID.

saison

Black Knight of Dusk
Years
Okay, I have somehow messed this up as well. I guess I'm not the greatest in hacking :l

Code:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
boxset 6
release
end
#org $talk
$talk 1 = Shh!

I followed the steps, and I'll attach the script I made, but I've done this twice and it ends up the same way. I'll talk to the guy that I gave the script to, and half a text-box will appear at the bottom right hand corner, then right away it'll dissappear and then this will happen
l_l
\/

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2021
I did all what you wrote but the game stucks than back to title!
Does someone know why did it happn?

Last edited:
Years
what's the bug with this script? #org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $Wouldyouliketogo
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT B_TRUE
if B_False goto $Ok
message $Alright
boxset 6
release
applymovement 0x02 $crewmove
applymovement 0xFF $memove
pausemove 0
warp 0x3 0x8 0xFF
#raw 0x31 0x00 0xF0 0x00
end
#org $Wouldyouliketogo
$Wouldyouliketogo 1 = Would you like to go to\n Cinnabar Island?
#org $Ok
$Ok 1 = Ok!
release
end
#org $crewmove
$crewmove 1 ; 0x08 0xFE
#org $memove
$memove 1 ; 0x08 0x08 0xFE
#org $Alright
$Alright 1 = Let's go! like, when the crew person says like do you wanna go and you pick NO she still says Alright lets go and u know.. yeah well and that when they come to Cinnabar Island they come to a random place not the coords I chose (I checked from thex4's tutorial how to make coords) but it still doesn't work. please debug for me?

correction:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Shh! you're welcome. (do not add this in the script of course µ_µ)
boxset 6
release
end

Last edited:

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
This is a great tutorial, however, can you make it a bit better organized? Like, for example, when you write 3. Making a giveitem/givepokemon script, make it bold or stand out, like this 3. Making a giveitem/givepokemon script or make it a bit bigger. Awesome tut though!

Am I the only one that notices this tutorial could use better organization?

Am I the only one who notices this tutorial is extremely old, outdated, and that the author doesn't come on much anymore (Last Activity: June 7th, 2009)?

Years
how will i create a rival battle like, your rival will walk to you then he will battle you then he will say something then he will walk away?help pls!

Back