• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You can't join if you've seen the Gameboy Advance version of Phantasia! Playstation version only!

Nah anyone can join as far as I know. Still, try to get the translated Playstation version of Phantasia, it makes the Gameboy Advance version look like crap.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'd like to join this club ^_^
I used to be really into the Tales Series back in the GCN/PS2 era. I also was (well, technically still am) a member of the Tales Forums, but I went inactive back in 2006.

Here is a list of the games that I have played:
-Tales of Phantasia (A translated version of the original SNES one, it was awesome)

-Tales of Symphonia (This game first got me into the series. It was my second favorite behind Abyss)

-Tales of the Legendia (Great storyline, kinda meh gameplay, I still have to finish it X_X)

-Tales of the World Narikiri Dungeon 3 (I actually imported this game, it was well worth it and surprisingly easy to play even without understanding Japanese)

-Tales of Phantasia (The GBA version, which sucked. I never got around to finishing it)

-Tales of the Abyss (By far my favorite game in the series)

-Tales of Sypmphonia: Dawn of the New World (I like to pretend this one never happened. I did play it all the way though though.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I gave Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World several chances. Everytime I did I loved the original cast more and I ended up hating Emil and Marta a little bit more each time. xD; Decus and Alice got more love though! As for Ricther I basically didn't like him from the beginning.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I played the first three chapters three times before I finally sat down with my brother, determined to make it all the way through. x_x;

I will probably NEVER play it again though. Only thing I liked were the voiced skits, pretty much, and I can get that with Symphonia PS2 sooo my desire to play is pretty shot. XD;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I've never actually finished it. I believe I got somewhere near the end before I just stopped playing. I eventually sold it... lol. Maybe the game does receive some unwarranted hate, but can you really blame them?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I'm so Happy. I beat Tales of the Abyss yesterday. I cried x3, It was such a beautiful game *^* hahaha. I am going to pick up the 3D version, so I can officially play Abyss on the go! Also in 13 days Xillia will be release in Japan, I'mma pick that up, IMO it looks promising :).

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I still don't know who survived at the end of Abyss. At first I thought it was Luke and Asch in one body, then I did a sidequest involving Jade saying something about when a replica dies, the original takes it's body. Or was it the other way around? I don't know, and it's always frustrating thinking about it. It's a beautiful ending but, who was the person in the end?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Don't forget spoilers guys. I know Abyss is like a million years old now but since it's getting re-released, there may still be people who want to pick it up and don't know the story yet! :x

As for the ending:
Spoiler:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Don't forget spoilers guys. I know Abyss is like a million years old now but since it's getting re-released, there may still be people who want to pick it up and don't know the story yet! :x

As for the ending:
Spoiler:

Is the contamination sidequest available during the first playthrough? I remember doing it in my second, but I never really finished that X_X
Also: here's my view on the ending:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
here's my view on the ending:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I hate open endings. The producer of the game pretty much said that it's whoever you want to be. :\

Well I absolutely love open endings, they make you think. Endings that stay on your mind for a while after you finish are my favorite. Tales of the Abyss's ending was by far the best I've ever seen in a video game (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still). Usually, I don't like most video game endings, but Abyss really did it for me.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I love and hate open endings. They make you think, but also make me want to bang my head in confusion and frustration. >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It would be nice if we got a more definite idea of what exactly happened at the end. I don't think I ever did the contamination sidequest (I don't quite remember) but there's that constant nagging feeling of who exactly it could be. Seeing Tear's reaction I want to say it was Luke, but then what exactly happened with Asch. :/ I'm with U_Flame on open endings. I like them as long as I can come up with something definite in my head of what would have happened. With Abyss I can't seem to do that.

(In other news it's Tales of Symphonia's eighth anniversary today. Not that anyone really cares other than me though. xD)

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
It would be nice if we got a more definite idea of what exactly happened at the end. I don't think I ever did the contamination sidequest (I don't quite remember) but there's that constant nagging feeling of who exactly it could be. Seeing Tear's reaction I want to say it was Luke, but then what exactly happened with Asch. :/ I'm with U_Flame on open endings. I like them as long as I can come up with something definite in my head of what would have happened. With Abyss I can't seem to do that.

(In other news it's Tales of Symphonia's eighth anniversary today. Not that anyone really cares other than me though. xD)

I don't exactly know if its Luke or Asch, But I think its Luke's body with both Personality
Spoiler:
^^ that can be the answer?? Just guessing.

Oh Happy Birthday Symphonia!!! :DDD. (I need to get a gamecube controller and this game I already have a GC Memory Card).

Also I decided to Pre-order Xillia. Can't wait till that comes out :) 9/8/2011 :DD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Spoiler:

I have no plans on getting Xillia because I don't have a PS3.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Spoiler:

I didn't know if Tales of Xilla was worth getting a PS3; I've still yet to seen some gameplay of it.

Now, BTW: What's your max. hit combo in any Tales of game?

Cause I remember scoring a 310 hit combo in ToV with Yuri. ^___^
Soooo Fun. <3

Back