• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

VIP Forum - Why do we have it again?

Years
Seriously, it is THE most pointless boards that exists on PC.

It is just a massive spam ground for members. All they do is spam the board with the same stuff they do in OC and OVP. I haven't posted in there for ages because it is pointless.

Every couple of months, we get some members wanting it to be more active and better, there is a week or two of people rallying and being awesome and majorly active, then it dies on its arse, gets inactive and we are back to square one.

Can we please remove this board? It is a stain on the forum that I browse and I know others feel the same way because we had a big, group conversation on MSN last night. I won't name names, because they are going to share their opinion on their own.

If you are against the removal, why? Why would you stand up for a board that doesn't do anything apart from give members a + post count.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Agreed entirely. That one thread uhhh you laff u lose? Yeah it's a spampit. People post there to get their post count up imo because they're not even following the four word rule and just posting stupid useless unfunny images. All for its removal. Sure I'll miss caption contests there but really, they have a low turnout anyway so it's not that it'll matter.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
We have it because it provides an extra perk for donating, which helps Steve make the moneys he needs. I know there aren't a whole stack of people that post there regularly, but a few people enjoy it so why take it away? Who's it hurting?

It seems a little hypocritical to me that we're apparently so above caring about post count, yet it annoys us that other people do. So what if upping their post count is what they're doing? Good luck to them! We seem to care a lot about post count for people who don't care about post count.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's spammy, Shining. It's like we're encouraging members to be spammy. We don't want that. If they think they can do anything they'll continue pushing our limits until we crack. >___>; I really really don't want that. Plus it's useless. Why keep a useless forum?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It's a forum. A forum is for enjoyment. There are people who enjoy posting in VIP forum, ergo it's not useless. I just think there's a very fine line between being mods and being the fun police. Who even cares? Why do we need to overthink everything? It's not even that bad lol, just leave it alone.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys, we have to let the """""VIP's""""" have their inflated ego SOME HOW. As if a god damn italic blue user name, with a userbar below wasn't enough.

Years
Back in my day, there was none of this "tier" crap. All you got was the username color. Not even a userbar! If they were willing to donate then with no perks, they should be willing to donate now. :/

I'm all for the removal of the VIP forum. They can post in real threads.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, so our forums aren't a big spam pit as well? I'm with Andy. Let them have their perk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, here's what we do: we delete the VIP forum but leave it as listed in the perks. That way people donate for it, and we can conveniently "forget" to edit it out of the perk list whenever people point it out. I mean, it's just members anyway, it doesn't really matter if they get the perk or not.

Years
That isn't a bad idea.
They will moan for the first couple of minutes then lose the will to complain and just roll over and accept it.

They aren't missing out.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That seems to be good. Either that or delete half the threads there and just let them have the DCC + caption contest. Everything else is completely useless.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, so our forums aren't a big spam pit as well? I'm with Andy. Let them have their perk.

But the problem is that they aren't using it. The forum is utterly dead. I'm with Tou- we just hide it and pretend nothing happened. Not that anybody will even realize it's gone for a few months.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Did the amount of donations go up since the VIP fourm's introduction? If it did, and there has been a noticeable increase (that can't just be explained with "we have more members anyhow" because that's also a general factor for more donations) that remains consistent, then we shouldn't get rid of it too fast. It wouldn't sit right with me to take away something that possibly brings in more donations for PC than what it normally gets.

I don't really know what to do with it, since I'm not a donator (yet). We could just faze it out and wait through the drama that will unfold then. Because yeah, I think no one will notice that it's gone after a while. They don't use it while it's sitting there (other than for a spam pit), so it wouldn't make much sense for every donator to miss it when it goes.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeh... great attitude to adopt. "It's all crappy already so just leave it be."

Do you even care anymore, of can you not be bothered anymore?

Did you talk to your English teachers with that grammar? OF? You mean OR? Right? Right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Instead of removing it, why don't we try something productive and proactive and actually improve the forum's? Or is that too far-fetched of an idea? I agree that right now its a completely pointless spam pit, but that doesn't mean it's completely hopeless of improving. Why don't we try that before we nuke it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All of us have tried though, Nick. I know I sure have and it's become so pointless that trying doesn't really get it anywhere. If we have to do anything I want the spam reduced. Keep the forum but delete the spammy laff u luse thread if you have to. Useless.

Years
So... can we have some form of action on this?

I don't want to sit here and bring it up in a months time, because you all forgot about it and no one could be arsed to do anything.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Totally in for removing it. It wasn't as active when I donated back then, and it hasn't improved today. I'm ready to say goodbye to it.

I only donated for the blog.

Back