• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i really tried playing this game so much. but everytime i try to play it on my psp it simply doesnt works. so i wonder why :( im so sad about it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

And what about endgame content?
Is there only the world championship or is there a battle frontier as well?

Also, can you go more then once on the world championship?

I find the previous pokemon games(until emerald and including fr/lg) boring because the lack of endgame content.

Also, what about Electivire? He can evolve only by trade and I don't see him on the trade pokemon list. :O

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks for your reply.

And what about endgame content?
Is there only the world championship or is there a battle frontier as well?

Also, can you go more then once on the world championship?

I find the previous pokemon games(until emerald and including fr/lg) boring because the lack of endgame content.

Also, what about Electivire? He can evolve only by trade and I don't see him on the trade pokemon list. :O
I took a break, so I'm still in Zhery. Finishing up Mt. Winter, in fact (though I have tested something by playing through Steam HQ and the final Gym on someone else's save). I thus don't know about post-E4 content.

That noted, I will look further into Electivire. It's possible it got missed, as well. However, I do know that it evolved by an item introduced in the 4th Gen. and thus I have no information on how to evolve it. If no evolution is found, I will have to add it in some highly electrified area.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Thank you :)

Would it be too much to ask that you make an updated GameBoid version of the game for us who want to play on Android devices? I know that there is a way to make this gba version run on gameboid, but if you google it, you will see that a lot of people can't make it work for some reason. I have tried everything, all suggestions to make it work, and it didn't.
At the end, I found an already fixed version and downloaded it.

About those trade evolutions:

Did you consider making them evolve on a certain level?
There is a black and white hack that does that(if I remember correctly) so I guess that it could work here as well.

Thank you for continuing your work on this awesome game :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thank you :)

Would it be too much to ask that you make an updated GameBoid version of the game for us who want to play on Android devices? I know that there is a way to make this gba version run on gameboid, but if you google it, you will see that a lot of people can't make it work for some reason. I have tried everything, all suggestions to make it work, and it didn't.
At the end, I found an already fixed version and downloaded it.

About those trade evolutions:

Did you consider making them evolve on a certain level?
There is a black and white hack that does that(if I remember correctly) so I guess that it could work here as well.

Thank you for continuing your work on this awesome game :)
Just an FYI, I'm not the game creator. That credit goes to Wesley, and Snakebyte was the first to release some updates to the game after him. As such, I can't do anything to convert the game anyhow, and even so, we always recommend that you play it using the current version of VisualBoyAdvance as other emulators - well - aren't as good. Per the PSP comment someone made earlier, there's nothing we can do about that either. In fact, I once helped someone who couldn't see underwater segments at all on her emulator by providing a map and directions through; she made it through and challenged the E4.

I'm not sure where the English patch originated, but I'm glad it did. Otherwise I might not have tried it.

EDIT: A note on Electivire. I just poked around my PC and found it hanging around in mine. This is the same Elekid from Yellow Town, and it's at Lv.40. I think it evolved naturally! If not, try using a Thunderstone and that might do it.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
Electabuzz evolves to Electivire at level 40. Though don't go higher as there is a level bug that brings its level back if you do

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Electabuzz evolves to Electivire at level 40. Though don't go higher as there is a level bug that brings its level back if you do
Really? I think that bug is fixed, isn't it? I just handed mine the Exp. Share today and it went to Lv.42. It was at Lv.40 when I saw it in my PC; I don't recall whether I stuck it in there at that level or whether I put it right in the PC. If it returns to Lv.40, I'll have to be done with that one.

That aside, I'm back to my walkthrough writing, and I have it finished up to the Gym battle in Snowce City (that is next). Then comes Route 415 and everything after that. I was surprised there wasn't an HM in Snowce - in fact, nothing of interest except the Sinnoh starters and a future trade - but what can ya do? :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I must say...this game is sadistic.

And I am talking about the entire trip to the ice gym town.
Mother of God, why!?
I just barely made. Too much trainers.

My Charizard(lvl 63) was at 8hp when I fought Diamond.
I ran out of potions and full restores, ran out of ethers and elixirs, and was on only 5 Flamethrowers(I ran out of moves).
And then another trainer shows up.

I just barely made it.

Since you can get Electrivire at lvl 40, maybe you can get a Magmortar at lvl 40 as well.

Also please,

Is it possible to get all starters? I have heared some rumors that if you chose for example a johto starter and leave the room, that you will be able to chose again.
Any legit way of getting them?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I must say...this game is sadistic.

And I am talking about the entire trip to the ice gym town.
Mother of God, why!?
I just barely made. Too much trainers.

My Charizard(lvl 63) was at 8hp when I fought Diamond.
I ran out of potions and full restores, ran out of ethers and elixirs, and was on only 5 Flamethrowers(I ran out of moves).
And then another trainer shows up.

I just barely made it.

Since you can get Electrivire at lvl 40, maybe you can get a Magmortar at lvl 40 as well.

Also please,

Is it possible to get all starters? I have heared some rumors that if you chose for example a johto starter and leave the room, that you will be able to chose again.
Any legit way of getting them?
I think you can get the others by visiting again after the E4 (everything except the actual starters, the first three). I haven't tried and probably won't try. I think I'll be more likely to add them in areas in Lauren; just sprinkle them around and give you a reason to go hunting! I am a "catch 'em all" type myself, so I'd love to see them all available somewhere!

You do know, also, that you can travel back to Serenity City before heading to Route 414, correct? It's actually a good idea, as you can train more and more every trip. Fly is known, so you can go right from the cave entrance on Route 413 back, or even from 414 back. ;)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I am heading to the eight gym now.
Do I need any HM moves on the way? I am asking this so that I don't get stuck and have to go back all over again.

I ahve also heard that the Wolrd Chmapionship is one big endurance gauntlet.
Can that even be done? xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am heading to the eight gym now.
Do I need any HM moves on the way? I am asking this so that I don't get stuck and have to go back all over again.

I ahve also heard that the Wolrd Chmapionship is one big endurance gauntlet.
Can that even be done? xD
Regarding the eighth Gym, I hacked backwards while mapping last year sometime. I was able to travel all the way from Drakebreath City to the base of Route 414 backwards. So the answer is no, you don't need either missing HM; one is actually found in Drakebreath, not sure of the other. Waterfall IS needed to access Victory Road, but that unlocks with the final victory, I think. (Either that or Dive, they both unlock with those Gyms and both are needed for the final trek.)

That said, make sure you bring a Surfer along. Or your trek on Route 416 will be a short one.

Here's the final city in Zhery, where you'll end up. Note that a western exit and jumping the express route takes you to Serenity City via Route 417.

drakebreathcity.png

I've also made a discovery. Magby is not catchable anywhere in the game as far as I can tell, but Magmar is. What do you folks think? Should I put Magby in somewhere in the Zhery region since Elekid was a free pickup? Note that if Magby is also a free pickup, I have yet to see it. I actually wonder, since Growlithe can be caught later, if Magby should come early somewhere - like the Central City Growlithe gifter, change it up. Magmar, meanwhile, is found in Mt. Shuem; my first thought was give it a 4% or 5% rate, still giving more to Magmar.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Guys, these discussions go to VMs/PMs, please don't discuss 2 pages of conversation on thread... other useful posts get lost in that.

I actually ended up with two TM23 (Iron Tail) when it somehow reappeared after I first picked it up on Route 408.
Flag bugs are flag bugs...

Why is leveling up so fast in this game? :O
Because you will need it.

So far I love this game :)
I only don't like the fact that you are leveling up waaay too fast. I had a charmander before I got to Oak in the first town(and only by fighting trainers).
Charmander? :P

i really tried playing this game so much. but everytime i try to play it on my psp it simply doesnt works. so i wonder why :( im so sad about it.
It's mainly directed at VBA emulator. It's obvious that other emulators may not be supported.

40 level

I'm not sure where the English patch originated, but I'm glad it did. Otherwise I might not have tried it.
From Me and Sarcastic Prince... I may sometimes tell you the story if you don't know it.

That bug should be fixed as Cyclone mentioned.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I have a problem.
I got all 8 badges but now Lunik seems to be wandering the world or something because he is not at home and I really need to fight him.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I have spoken with her at the entrance to the victory road.

It went something like this:

''Don't mind me and go fight my friend for some weird unexplained reason while I stand here and glitch your game :)''

So...you got any solution for this?

I have three but I would like to try yours first before doing this my way.

Solution a) Enter and exit house about 100 times...maybe he will show up in the meantime.

Solution b) Use a save slot before battling the last gym leader and hope that this glitch appears at random and that he will have the decency to show up then.

Solution c) Walkt through walls and hope that it does not affect the rest of the game in any way.(will this affect the rest of the game in any way?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
So this game uses the generation 3 movesets? I'm confused because Scyther didn't learn fury cutter at level 25 like he does in generation 5, but yet theres generation 5 pokemon around like Venipede. Im kind of concerned because wouldn't that give generation 5 pokemon an advantage since their moves are much more updated and just more powerful overall? Oh and is it possible to obtain a Beldum in this game?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Help...please.

The 100 enter/exit did not work.

I am getting desperate over here.

At least tell me how much will walk through walls cheat here affect the rest of my game?
If I do it, will I still be able to continue the game normaly or not?

I really love this game and I am afraid that if I apply some new patch that it will erase my save slots and that I will have to do all of this all over again(and maybe it won't work even then :/)

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working :)

For all those who get stuck here, you need to first find Red at the store and then go to the house.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have spoken with her at the entrance to the victory road.

It went something like this:

''Don't mind me and go fight my friend for some weird unexplained reason while I stand here and glitch your game :)''

So...you got any solution for this?

SNIP

Solution b) Use a save slot before Battleing the last gym leader and hope that this glitch appears at random and that he will have the decency to show up then.
That. Strikethrough and bold mark changes to your statement that form the answer. If you're trying to access Victory Road before getting the last Gym Badge, naughty you. :D Defeating that missing character causes Solana to disappear or otherwise grant access to Victory Road, and you can't do that normally without having all Badges; since there are no Badge Check gates, this is how Wesley kept the unwelcome out.

Cyclone

Years
So this game uses the generation 3 movesets? I'm confused because Scyther didn't learn fury cutter at level 25 like he does in generation 5, but yet theres generation 5 pokemon around like Venipede. Im kind of concerned because wouldn't that give generation 5 pokemon an advantage since their moves are much more updated and just more powerful overall? Oh and is it possible to obtain a Beldum in this game?
Yes the Rom base shows that the hack uses Gen 3 based attacks. Don't look onto which gen pokes are in it though. Yes Beldum is obtainable as a gift poke when you progress in the game. Forgot it's exact location though

Back