• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Apple did to Google.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
So, I was searching today and...

image.jpg

See, and here I thought Samsung was the one with problems.

Why, Apple?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
The people that ask that are just tech noobs lol it doesn't necessarily mean there are a lot of issue with Apple products.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I think I would disagree, koff~

Seeing as how there are more questions about Apple products than anything else. It doesn't seem to me like it's a baseless rumor. I'm sure there are several hundred ways that an iPad can fail, and out of everything else it seems that Apple products require more maintenance, koffi~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
The people that ask that are just tech noobs lol it doesn't necessarily mean there are a lot of issue with Apple products.

We have an overwhelming amount of tech noobs in the world, then...

I still blame Apple :P

I'M A WINDOWS!!! >.<

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I think I would disagree, koff~

Seeing as how there are more questions about Apple products than anything else. It doesn't seem to me like it's a baseless rumor. I'm sure there are several hundred ways that an iPad can fail, and out of everything else it seems that Apple products require more maintenance, koffi~

It still doesn't necessarily mean Apple products such as the iPhone have more issues compared to other devices. Millions of people own the iPhone yet only thousands are probably using the basic non-smartphone that I currently own. There have been numerous issues with it (that have been fixed in an update) yet if you search for problems with it, you'll find info on it from only a few websites, unlike Apple products that have forums as well as hundreds of other sites that discuss anything Apple related. Since millions of people own the iPhone, millions of people will be asking about any known problem with it, which is why topics related to them appear on the internet so often.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Um... Millions of people own the Samsung Galaxy line of phones.

vs

Apple iPhone

--

Problem?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Um... Millions of people own the Samsung Galaxy line of phones.

vs

Apple iPhone

--

Problem?
Yeah my problem is when you Google search "Samsung Galaxy is" this pops up:

samsung galaxy issue
samsung galaxy is frozen
samsung galaxy is not charging
samsung galaxy is slow

Similar things as well as other problems pop up if you search for different versions of the Galaxy. Just sayin'! :P

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I wouldn't be concerned with search suggestions.

Every single thing has its merits and failures. It all depends on what you end up getting more out of your device.

Either way, I'm sure that for a given item, there's bound to be both sides of people, either loving or hating it. There's no real "good" or "bad" flagship device. Each device pretty much represents the work of designers that went into it...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Personally, I love HTC phones. They normally only start messing up right when or long after you are able to just get a new phone - which normally means the next HTC :P All their normal issues are fixed through software updates so little to no hardware problems.

But Samsung Galaxy and Apple products? Ugh. Some people like them but I'm not one of those people xD

Still wanting a Nintendo 3DS phone with the SP's size 0.0

There's a Wii version for a concept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KCTOkHVhA

But Nintendo would own x.x

--

Right, back on topic!

Years
I don't think there's much use in discussing what comes up in search suggestions, though this just seems like a thinly veiled Google vs Apple debate which I think is overly touched upon.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
It still doesn't necessarily mean Apple products such as the iPhone have more issues compared to other devices. Millions of people own the iPhone yet only thousands are probably using the basic non-smartphone that I currently own. There have been numerous issues with it (that have been fixed in an update) yet if you search for problems with it, you'll find info on it from only a few websites, unlike Apple products that have forums as well as hundreds of other sites that discuss anything Apple related. Since millions of people own the iPhone, millions of people will be asking about any known problem with it, which is why topics related to them appear on the internet so often.

I wan't just leveling out Apple, koff~

In the original post, the user typed in "Why won't" into the search bar. Color me jaded, but I think that there are several other things that would warrant a "why won't" response. Why won't my dog bark? Why won't my TV work? Why won't my credit card work? Why won't my chainsaw work? Why won't my stove turn on? Why won't they legalize marijuana? Why won't my air conditioner work? And so on and so forth; although to be fair, I'm sure that most of these items have their own hotlines people can call, which makes me wonder if Apple is as helpful as they paint themselves to be.

Perhaps Apple holds a large majority when it comes to certain gadgets and such, but they don't own everything, which is why I find it peculiar that a whole slew of issues people have with their Apple products show up instead of other more reasonable questions. I say this because it wasn't meant to be only Apple products or phone products in general. Keep in mind that the first result is "why won't anyone dance. . ." just putting that out there, koff~

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
No matter what you're a fan of I don't understand how people can say a product is automatically bad because of the company it came from. I am a fan of certain Apple products, but am aware of other companies that make a lot of good gadgets. When it comes to choosing an MP3 player, I prefer the iPod Touch. All of my music, which is all paid for through iTunes, can be transferred to any Apple product I buy. The iPod Touch has so many features yet is very simplified unlike many devices today. Every single setting can be easily changed and using it is just fun and easy. Cover Flow is the coolest thing ever for looking through your music. And when you have probably $100 worth of apps including in-app purchases from the App Store from over the years, why would you switch devices and lose it all?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
@above

We're not saying all of Apple's products are bad. Internet users are saying the iProducts are. A large number of internet users, apparently.

See, the thing I don't like about iTunes is, for the most part, it isn't free. YouTube and Pandora are. You could make a playlist on some site and, if you are able to use the internet on your phone without running too much of your battery, you can listen to it there.

Apple is VERY expensive. When you have something that costs that much, honestly, it shouldn't have as many problems as it seems it has.

As for the $100, I would switch so that I wouldn't have to pay MORE. I'd also still be able to get my songs, like I said above, from free sources - so I actually wouldn't lose them.

I pay for Pandora One on my phone. It is $4 a month for FREE music...but without ads and a greater ability to skip songs I don't want to hear. I can create tons of music stations allowing close to specific types of music in each station, listen to music, and even skip some songs for FREE.

$100 for songs you could easily lose + device specifically made for you to BUY those songs - compared to 100% free plus choice to eliminate ads for only 4$ a month...

I'm not saying one is better than the other. What I mean is, for a normally free product to have NO ISSUES AT ALL while an insanely expensive product has tons of them... There's a problem with that.

Oh, and here's some more results:

http://s21.postimg.org/rbvksa9c6/whywont.jpg

^ Understand that Google and Bing are the most updated but you're right - not every result is Apple.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Well I have all of my music backed up on the cloud as well as well as my hard drive. Not to mention even if I lost it all, iTunes keeps a record of every single thing I've ever purchased so I can redownload everything. I agree with you however that when you pay good money for something it should work and yes there are other good options out there such as Pandora. I have the Pandora app on my iPod Touch lol.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'll have to agree with the "Apple being inconvenient" part. In my home, there's no shortage of Apple products and personally they are a big pain to use. All reasons given above. Mac is efficient, but it's too weird. It gives off the freestyle look. And everything in Apple is iTunes so most of the useful apps cost. Guess what? I don't have a credit card. And most of the stuff up there are free for Windows (but of course a bit harder to acquire).

However, I do concede that all Apple products are efficient and the battery life is boss. I guess the whole interface seems nicer once you get used to it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
One has to wonder why search engines even have auto-suggestion. It seems to mostly be a tool for amusement.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
One has to wonder why search engines even have auto-suggestion. It seems to mostly be a tool for amusement.

The reasoning behind it is, since the suggestions you see are the most popular, it's very likely that your search is in the suggestions list. You can then just click instead of typing the rest out. I use this all the time for music searches on youtube.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
If you want stuff on iTunes that you have to pay for, just get gift cards in a store and they work just fine. It's a lot easier than dealing with a credit card and makes a great present for any occasion :P

I still fail to see the issue here honestly. So what if questions about Apple products comes up in Google search? Is this some kind of epidemic I should know about or what? I mean, it's not even that a big of a deal. I don't understand why we need a whole topic about how utterly terrible this occurrence is.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I still fail to see the issue here honestly. So what if questions about Apple products comes up in Google search?
The search suggestions show the MOST POPULAR searches following what you have already typed. In other words, Apple product problems are the most popular searches following "why won't". So, in that regard, Apple products REALLY have REALLY bad problems that apparently have yet to be fixed since this search happened, what, a few days ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back