• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Galarian Ponyta revealed to be Shield exclusive; pure Psychic type

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Well this makes it really hard for me since for a long time I was planning on getting Sword due to liking that legendary better and I really want a Kommo-o, but this does sway me towards Shield quite a bit now especially since I always wanted a dream pair of Rapidash and Mudsdale together. Also thinking about it, I doubt the Jangmo-o line will be avaliable untill very late game like in Aloha anyway.

Bit dissapointed its pure Psychic though, but if Rapidash becomes duel typed it will be completely worth it.

Last edited:

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
Sirfetch'd is cool and all but the design doesn't hold a candle to how adorable Galarian Ponyta is. :( Still getting sword though because I always get the first game of the two. Will be looking to trade for a Galarian Ponyta ASAP though lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was already leaning pretty strongly towards Shield and this has just solidified that decision.

The only exclusive from Sword I really care about is Sirfetch'd...but I still kinda prefer Ponyta.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'll take 20 please. This really solidified what version I'll be getting first.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
...It's official. I buy 2 games. Now time to look up the nearest gaming store from my college so I can personally buy them.

Years
I don't know when I'll buy these games, but even this reveal isn't going to help me decide anything. I love Sirfetch'd, but even though I'm not a big ponyta fan this one is just too adorable ahhhh.

Shame on its type though. I was really hoping for a fairy horse. I guess I could hold onto hope for the evolution being part that.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
Huh. I'm even more glad I pre-ordered Shield oh so long ago. I honestly hope Galarian Rapidash will be Psychic-Flying, rather than Psychic-Fairy, but that's mostly because I really want to see it become a Pegasus. If Galarian Rapidash is part Flying I'll probably choose it over Corviknight. And I really like Corviknight, so that says a lot. Especially since I usually have access to the Ponyta line but already have a fire type. If it's another type, I'll still consider it, but it'll be a little less likely depending on what the rest of my team ends up looking like.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I've always loved Ponyta, so I'm glad it's getting some recognition, and its new design is so cute!!
>Shield exclusive
...Well, that stings.

I can't get over the fact that it looks eerily similar to a My Little Pony.

Keldeo has a friend now! 😉

User Anon 1848

Another weird typing choice from Game Freak but I quite like its design.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I love it, and I will definitely use it on my team, as I was getting Pokémon Shield anyway. It looks just as much like a Psychic type as it does fairy so that typing seems fine to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This basically has made me go with Shield, which I was already going toward. The version exclusives are better that we know so far and I love the coloring a lot more in the Shield Legendary, the coloring for Sword Legend and just blah.

I am more surprised that Ponyta is a Psychic type, which I am honestly glad most of us got it wrong, thinking it was a Fairy. I don't like many psychic time pokemon, only Ralts line and Reuniclus line, so having more psychic types I like is awesome.

I am also kinda hoping it doesn't can fairy with Rapidash, but it won't hurt my love for it.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's certainly cute. I was told I am getting Sword version however... :V

Am curious to see how Galarian Rapidash looks.

Years
I actually like the new ponyta, I like regional forms I think they should of done before sun and moon, could of saved time on thinking up new pokemon just make them different in different regions and regional evolutions

Plus my daughter is a massive MLP fan as soon as she saw it she loved it just gutted its not fairy lol

Back