• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a Pokemon that you don't like?

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Everyone loves pokemon here, of course, but do you have any pokemon that you just can't stand? Think about it. What is your least favourite pokemon?

Me? Cryogonal. Don't ask me why, but it might be because I had a lot of trouble beating a trainer who had him, even though I was using an Emboar!

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 27, 2015
Everyone loves pokemon here, of course, but do you have any pokemon that you just can't stand? Think about it. What is your least favourite pokemon?

Me? Cryogonal. Don't ask me why, but it might be because I had a lot of trouble beating a trainer who had him, even though I was using an Emboar!

Through the years of playing pokemon the one pokemon i have always hated was Relicanth. Why? because of it's type,I always hated facing this thing,and most of the time i usually used my Espeon to take it out because it was so annoying to defeat.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I kind of dislike Walrein—I find it to be a bit intimidating. It's got two gargantuan fangs, which are freakishly yellow. D: Its nose is pretty big, too. Also, the way that it's got all the hair wrapped around its head looks quite messy. If its fangs and nose were a bit smaller, and if its hair was a little… stylish, maybe, then it definitely would have looked better, in my opinion. In terms of competitive battling, Walrein is not very good either. It has an extremely low Speed, and its offensive and defensive stats are very, very poor. This Pokémon's got many weaknesses, including fire, electric, and electric, which are all very common in the metagame. If your team is not focused around hailstorm, then you'll be having a tough time utilizing this Pokémon. Last time I've ever used Walrein was about four years ago. Never touched it after that. And every time I went up against a Walrein, I was able to have it taken down in an instant—didn't need to break even a single sweat!

I'm also not a big fan of Sableye. It's a great Pokémon to use in battle, but when it comes to design, though, I just don't like it. Every time I look at it, it reminds me about one of those monsters that I used to imagine as a kid. ):

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
There's no Pokémon I'd say I really dislike, just a few that I like the least. I feel like the Musketeer Trio's designs are pretty generic, and I tend towards not liking it when final evolutions drastically differ from the previous evolution... I have nothing against Dragonite on its own, for instance, but it's always bothered me how little it resembles Dragonair.

There's definitely a few Pokémon I'd accuse of, for lack of a better word, Wolverining... Pokémon like Lucario and Charizard, the ones I'd be indifferent about anyway even if they weren't so overused. Disliking something simply because it's popular isn't really a right course, but again, I wouldn't exactly like them in the first place.

Years
Since this seems to be more of an opinion thing than an actual discussion thread, I'm going to pop this over to Pokemon Voting Polls (where it counteracts the favorite Pokemon thread nicely!).

Anyway, I always have and always will hate Tentacool. I've never liked its design, it can poison you on the first turn if you can't get away, and it's basically the only Pokemon you find while surfing in the earlier games. And while I've heard it referred to as the Zubat of the sea, at least Zubat gets a cool final evolution in Crobat, while Tentacool gets stuck with Tentacruel.

The only other Pokemon that's managed to get near that much dislike from me is Roggenrola. It's got such a cheesy name, it has a design that looks like it was done by a pre-schooler who just learned about shapes, and worst of all it has Sturdy, so you can't OHKO them. So when I used Surf on a horde of them in Pokemon Y, I nearly felt like tossing my 3DS across the room :p

MOVED.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Probably, no.. not probably. But maybe..! no not maybe.
Eh.. I hate Jynx not that it's an ugly Pokemon or whatsoever.
But I hate the design with the Nikki minaj look, hey no offense nikki. :(
Aside Jynx, I kinda hate Banette, for it's abilities and such.

Years
Garbodor. 'Nuff said.

There's just something I find ugly about this Pokemon, not only does its movepool not make best use of its stats, it is nothing but a literal pile of trash that has come to life. I hate it a lot and was probably the only 5th Gen Pokemon I actually hated.

And there's Avalugg, I don't like it's body shape. Reminds me of a retro table made of ice! It was bad because I was expecting Bergmite to evolve into something awesome and this damn thing ruined it for me. Plus face it, they made it a physically defensive tank but as one is aware, Ice is one of the worst defensive types out there. Too many weaknesses >:(

I did like the rest of the 6th Gen Pokemon, but not Avalugg.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I hate Articuno thanks to one of the moderators of this forum. XD

In all honesty though, it's so frustrating to face. It'll just stall you out while keeping itself healthy and is basically a tank for hits. Surf? Oh yeah no problem, I'm a birdplane. Guillotine? Nice try. I mean don't get me wrong, it's decent but I've just had nightmares thinking about it. And it looks like it has some gargantuan beard. :I

Second least favourite would probably be Burmy. Just oh my god, no. Whoever thought of it must of been out of their minds at the time. :p

(EDIT: How did I even forget Purrloin? Probably the most frustrating thing ever. Just think about Shroomish and Articuno combined. :I)

Sirfetch’d

There aren't many, but one that I cannot stand is Electrode. I have just always had something against this Pokemon ever since I originally encountered it in Pokemon Blue. I am not sure if it's the design or what but I just really don't like this Pokemon. It's only saving grace is it's speed but other than that...I just don't see any positives about it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
There are a few, 99% of flying types - but the one that gets my most dislike from me is Pikachu, too much attention that it got boring and annoying half way through the 1st generation.
Spoiler:

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
Years
Garbodor; for reasons people have already posted about lol. And next for me would be Voltorb, I just dislike it's design, it seems to have either been rushed or no creative thought went towards it. I mean even when it evolves it just looks like it flipped itself and gained a mouth.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Liepard can go rot in a hole for being an extremely annoying hacker :[

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
Liepard has always been exceedingly annoying to me. Also Garbodor for above-mentioned reasons. Hum... okay, some people might greatly dislike this, but... Graveler. I cannot stand Graveler. I hate its stupid smirk and whenever it has Sturdy, don't even get me started.

Also, Bronzong and Klink. I only somewhat dislike Klefki. But, Klink. Seriously.

One last one... Conkeldurr. While the name is fun to say, its appearance and basically everything about it are unsavory.

isthatyoudan

Years
Unlike everyone else, I can stand Garbodor.
I'm not fond of it when another evolution is added after the original pokemon has come out. Why couldn't Snorunt evolve into Froslass earlier? Or Seadra into Kingdra? Baby Pokémon too, except for Pichu :')

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Or Seadra into Seaking? Baby Pokémon too, except for Pichu :')
Seadra evolves into Kingdra. :P

Anyways, for me, my least favorite would have to be Bronzong. It just has a really annoying typing and its design isn't all that great either. It's literally just a metal bell-like creature. It's also pretty bulky and usually can't be KO'd in one Super Effective hit in-game. >:(

isthatyoudan

Years
Sorry I should've known that. I was looking at an old book and that's why I knew kingdra was a late addition, but I forgot what it is called, as it was not in the book. I am going to edit the post.

I don't enjoy Probopass. It came way later than Nosepass, which, as I said earlier, I do not like. It also looks really disturbing. It's got that moustache and all of those tiny noses... are they baby nosepass or what... :c ugg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Garbodor! While Trubbish is really cute, I would much rather see it being a standalone pokémon who maybe got really cool attacks at higher levels, than with an evolution that just is... really much worse than Muk and Weezing could ever be. (if we're talking garbage/poison pokémon, I mean)

I was about to list some other pokémon here, but then realized that the only one I really feel an anger when I look at, is Purugly. It is so incredibly ugly oh my god. Why would anyone want their Glameow to evolve into that thing? Gamefreak's biggest mistake :>

Back